Anybody heard of the h.e.a.r.t. card?

Anybody heard of the h.e.a.r.t. card?

September 30th, 2011, 4:12 pm #1

I saw this while checking Freedom Pharmacy's website for prices. It might be useful for self-payers.

http://www.ferringfertility.com/heart/

It looks like you can ask your RE for the card and use it at participating pharmacies (like Freedom and Success Meds).

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 30th, 2011, 4:17 pm #2

I think it is a one time $10 fee to get the card and it gives discounts on certain meds.

September 30th, 2011, 4:24 pm #3

But now I can't find a mention of an enrollment fee. It says to ask your doctor for the card. So, maybe the doctor gives you the card and then you pay to enroll, but that doesn't make sense really. Why would you need the doctor? I seem to recall Freedom or somebody having that program at one time where you paid a one time fee, then got a discount. I don't know if this is different.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 30th, 2011, 5:37 pm #4

I just posted on the other board. Even though I have insurance for meds, my plan only allows 3 rounds of injectibles of any kind. As such, Freedom suggested that I join the plan for $10 which allowed me to pay about $50 less for my HCG than I would have paid out of pocket.

Sara H
Sara H

September 30th, 2011, 6:03 pm #5

But I saved it right back on my first prescription. It's not huge but I recall thinking that what I was saving on HCG made every 7th one free, I think.

Kind'a like the sandwich shop cards where you eventually get a free sandwich...only instead of yummy sandwiches you eat it's with expensive drug you jab in your gut. Sorry, that thought kind of made me laugh. Yeah, I'm like that!

Well worth it to me and, if it's the same one I did, they started it at the pharmacy. But, I don't remember getting a card. And Cooper did not start it, the lady at the Success Meds. across the parking lot started for me.

OH, I just checked their website, did to know they had a 24 hour questions hotline! Good to know! And great directions for newbies!

Good luck!
Sara H

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 30th, 2011, 6:07 pm #6

I Didn't Need a Card Either n/t

Tracy
Tracy

September 30th, 2011, 6:20 pm #7

Just something the fertility pharmacy arranged on their end that was good for a year....then you have to pay another $10.

xoxo, Tracy

Sara H
Sara H

September 30th, 2011, 6:31 pm #8

mine is just through the pharmacy. I just click on the link, looks like a great deal to me!

Here is the link again.

http://www.ferringfertility.com/heart/

I'll be asking at Cooper! Maybe they both work!

Thanks!

Sara H
Sara H

September 30th, 2011, 6:38 pm #9

After looking at the "Facts" page, very helpful, I think it is the same but will check anyway.

http://www.ferringfertility.com/heart/heart_faqs.asp

There is a 10$ once a year fee and such but still looks like a big help!

Good luck, Ladies!

PS- Seems to help for insured ladies, too! There is a link there to check it out!

September 30th, 2011, 8:06 pm #10

I looked and looked and didn't see anything that showed a fee. Maybe I'm just blind today.

Even with the fee, if you are getting enough meds it seems like it would pay for itself quickly.