Any guess on the retrieval date?? (Ch.e.ck patient)

Any guess on the retrieval date?? (Ch.e.ck patient)

MargieD
MargieD

July 30th, 2012, 3:34 pm #1

I'm a Ch.e.ck patient and will be doing IVF. My largest follicle was 13 mm today. I am on day 8 of my cycle. Any guess on the retrieval date?

I'm supposed to be out of town this weekend (can't change or cancel it) and I think it's cutting it close. I want to cancel the cycle, but DH wants to confirm with the nurse tonight.

With my last IVF converted to IUI cycle - I ended up triggering around CD 20, but my FSH was higher at the time and took longer to come down. This month seems different.

Houston
Houston

July 30th, 2012, 4:52 pm #2

How much have your follicles been growing each day? My guess would be that you would trigger on Saturday, which would put your retrieval the next week, but this all depends on how you respond. I respond really slowly, so I am basing that off my past response. Most people respond a little quicker than I do. I am also assuming that your clinic will trigger you when your follicle reaches 18, which may not be the case.

Houston
Houston

July 30th, 2012, 4:53 pm #3

How far apart are you other follicles? Your clinic may push you an extra day if they are a little behind and trigger when your largest follicle is over 18 which would also push off my timeline.

What does your nurse say?

MargieD
MargieD

July 30th, 2012, 4:59 pm #4

When I went on Friday, all my follicles were smaller than 10. I was on 75u of Bravelle for three days. Today - my lead follicle is 13 mm. I didn't ask about the other follicles. (Taking a different attitude about this cycle.)

I'm sure they'll have me on Cetrotide and once they do - they'll increase my Bravelle to 150u.

Will hear from nurse this afternoon.

Houston
Houston

July 30th, 2012, 7:38 pm #5

To me, it still seems like you will probably trigger on Saturday.

Houston
Houston

July 30th, 2012, 7:38 pm #6

When I went on Friday, all my follicles were smaller than 10. I was on 75u of Bravelle for three days. Today - my lead follicle is 13 mm. I didn't ask about the other follicles. (Taking a different attitude about this cycle.)

I'm sure they'll have me on Cetrotide and once they do - they'll increase my Bravelle to 150u.

To me, it still seems like you will probably trigger on Saturday, maybe Friday.

Houston
Houston

July 30th, 2012, 7:42 pm #7

To me, it still seems like you will probably trigger on Saturday, maybe Friday.

Houston
Houston

July 30th, 2012, 7:57 pm #8

Sorry, having computer issues

Nancy
Nancy

July 30th, 2012, 8:56 pm #9

I'm a Ch.e.ck patient and will be doing IVF. My largest follicle was 13 mm today. I am on day 8 of my cycle. Any guess on the retrieval date?

I'm supposed to be out of town this weekend (can't change or cancel it) and I think it's cutting it close. I want to cancel the cycle, but DH wants to confirm with the nurse tonight.

With my last IVF converted to IUI cycle - I ended up triggering around CD 20, but my FSH was higher at the time and took longer to come down. This month seems different.
Hi! I've always been told that follicles over 12mm grow between 1.5-2mm a day so my guess is you'd trigger in a few days if that's your only follicle. Mine usually grow about 2mm day but sometimes more and sometimes less. Are you doing a natural ivf or stims? That might also affect the growth rate. This cycle I had a 13mm follicle on a Monday and on wed it was 19.5mm with no meds so thought that was interesting...i didn't have my fsh tested but maybe it was high and why it crew a bit faster than normal?

Good luck with everything!

Nancy

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

July 30th, 2012, 9:12 pm #10

Once they get to 13 or so, mine take off. I'd guess that your retrieval would fall over the weekend.