Any Dr. Cohen experiences?

Any Dr. Cohen experiences?

June 19th, 2012, 3:54 am #1

Hi all,
I had an in-person consultation with Dr. Check 7 mths ago. No results yet from the hormone replacements and TI, so I asked for a phone consult to review my future gameplan (I'm out of town). They told me Check won't do phone calls unless it's an emergency and gave me a phone appt. with Dr. Cohen.

Anyone else worked with Dr. Cohen from Cooper? What might I expect?

Nancy
Nancy

June 19th, 2012, 5:25 am #2

I did a phone consult and was very happy. I posted briefly about this on may 13 but I can't copy the link while posting from my phone. I decided to do a consult with her after reading several good posts about her in this forum...do a search and you will find them.

All in all I found her very knowledgeable and she seems to be more accessible overall. I am sure she is making decisions about my treatment/meds when dr Ch isn't around.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and id be happy to answer.

Nancy

June 19th, 2012, 3:29 pm #3

Great! I did that search and got some useful info. I'm actually looking forward to my conversation w/Cohen now and not a bit sorry that the consult isn't with Check. I appreciate his skills, but it's a bit hard to have an actual two-way conversation, what with the hundreds of papers being pushed across the desk at you and the way he talks into his taperecorder instead of to the actual person in front of him. Hee Hee. You might know what I mean?

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 19th, 2012, 4:24 pm #4

after he's done talking to you. he does it as a recap of the conversation he already had. sorry if your your experience went differently?

Nancy
Nancy

June 20th, 2012, 10:03 pm #5

Great! I did that search and got some useful info. I'm actually looking forward to my conversation w/Cohen now and not a bit sorry that the consult isn't with Check. I appreciate his skills, but it's a bit hard to have an actual two-way conversation, what with the hundreds of papers being pushed across the desk at you and the way he talks into his taperecorder instead of to the actual person in front of him. Hee Hee. You might know what I mean?
glad you found some of those posts! I too found them helpful in making my decision to do a oconsult with Dr. Co. I really liked her, she was very easy to talk to, and listened a lot to what you had to say (I know what you mean about that first consult with Dr. Ch, I found that in his "call-backs" he is not like that though and it's more of a two-way conversation, but the call-backs are not the same as an actual consult you know?). the other thing about Dr Co is that she does the ERs, while Dr. Ch doesn't, so I found it more helpful to talk to her about my situation because Dr. ch and Dr. Co don't agree on my issue because Dr. ch didn't see what happened to me twice (emtpy follicle). I don't mean that in a bad way towards Dr. ch, I just personally found it more helpful to talk to the actual Dr. who did my ER, since they see first hand what happens. I believe they are all schooled by Dr. ch, so you will get very similar overall recommendations, in my opinion.

good luck! I hope to hear how it goes

Nancy