Anxiety with IVF4 has set in..

Anxiety with IVF4 has set in..

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

June 14th, 2012, 8:38 pm #1

I was doing really well with IVF4 and not obsessing about it etc. but anxiety has really set in now. I went in this am for b/w and w/s. My last u/s one was Monday. Since Monday, the follies on my left side just haven't grown at all and are stuck around 8-9. My right side has a dominant follie that was about 17.5mm this am and 2 (11)'s. They up'd my stims tonight and want me to repeat b/w and u/s tomorrow. I am so scared they are going to trigger me too late again. The 17.5mm must have grown between 2-3mm per day and I am scared it will be around 26 by ER on Sunday. My egg was dead at 26mm last cycle. I don't want to sacrifice my 17 for the (2) 11's that might stall like my left side. I'm so over this. I'm worried I should be triggering tonight. Any thoughts?

CW15
CW15

June 14th, 2012, 9:50 pm #2

Sorry about your anxiety. What was your E2? I'm sure they will probably have you trigger tomorrow, they always trigger me when I'm around 18-19. I would say that 26 with the dead egg was a fluke...

GL!

Mrs McIrish
Mrs McIrish

June 14th, 2012, 10:09 pm #3

My e2 was only 257...

Erin
Erin

June 14th, 2012, 10:40 pm #4

I was doing really well with IVF4 and not obsessing about it etc. but anxiety has really set in now. I went in this am for b/w and w/s. My last u/s one was Monday. Since Monday, the follies on my left side just haven't grown at all and are stuck around 8-9. My right side has a dominant follie that was about 17.5mm this am and 2 (11)'s. They up'd my stims tonight and want me to repeat b/w and u/s tomorrow. I am so scared they are going to trigger me too late again. The 17.5mm must have grown between 2-3mm per day and I am scared it will be around 26 by ER on Sunday. My egg was dead at 26mm last cycle. I don't want to sacrifice my 17 for the (2) 11's that might stall like my left side. I'm so over this. I'm worried I should be triggering tonight. Any thoughts?
But really, is there any other way to feel during an IVF cycle?? As for your follie sizes, I never really worried about what the size would be at ER but rather what it is at trigger since that's easier to control. Since you will be off stims after the trigger I think it's really hard to predict what the largest will be at ER (the HCG does help mature the follies, but may also help the smaller ones catch up...). I think triggering tomorrow (when the largest should be around 20mm) is just fine. I'm really keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you!!! Good luck and please keep us updated if you're up for it.

MargieD
MargieD

June 15th, 2012, 12:34 am #5

I went through something similar this month and converted the cycle to IUI. I wasn't happy with it and couldn't stand the idea of spending all that money for one follicle. I am pretty sure that it's a BFN but I felt much better than spending thousands for the IVF. Not only that - I ended up learning a few more things about my cycle than I thought possible. (You would think after so many months with Co.opers - you would have learned everything... LOL)

If you're not sure where this cycle is going to go - be ready to convert to IUI and then plan for the next time....

Just a thought...

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

June 15th, 2012, 1:05 am #6

I never produce more than 2 follies so no point converting. This is my last attempt.

Mrs McIrish
Mrs McIrish

June 15th, 2012, 1:08 am #7

But really, is there any other way to feel during an IVF cycle?? As for your follie sizes, I never really worried about what the size would be at ER but rather what it is at trigger since that's easier to control. Since you will be off stims after the trigger I think it's really hard to predict what the largest will be at ER (the HCG does help mature the follies, but may also help the smaller ones catch up...). I think triggering tomorrow (when the largest should be around 20mm) is just fine. I'm really keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you!!! Good luck and please keep us updated if you're up for it.
I hope the 17 is only at 20 tomorrow.. Hope you are feeling well!!

MargieD
MargieD

June 15th, 2012, 1:33 am #8

I never produce more than 2 follies so no point converting. This is my last attempt.
I guess I would have preferred my last attempt to be on a strong cycle - not one I was "iffy" about...and from your post - I got the feeling that you weren't too happy with the way this was going... but like you said - I don't know your history...

Best wishes, though - you never know when it'll work out!

Houston
Houston

June 15th, 2012, 4:25 pm #9

I would also be concerned. Sounds like my cycle that I converted to an IUI. If my follicles get very big, even over 20, they don't fertilize. It sounds like maybe they are thinking about sacrificing the larger follicle for the smaller ones. If they just go after the larger follicle, it sounds like you will only get one.

Are you self pay? Is that why you don't want to convert? I hate converting, and until recently all my meds were out of pocket (everything else still is), so I understand going forward if that is the case. But, if your meds aren't out of pocket, I would convert and try again. It sounds like you have follicles. They just need to try another protocol to somehow suppress the dominant and get the other ones together. I know it seems impossible to do, especially when we all have tried so many protocols, but there are still many more than can be attempted.

Nancy
Nancy

June 15th, 2012, 11:18 pm #10

the anxiety is awful when you have no idea what is going to happen, especially when you don't want the same issues to re-occur. I too have issues with follicles growing very quickly, and I don't understand why sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. i know this post is too late to offer any real advice for calling C.ooper today, but i was wondering if you explained to them your fears, if they would let you trigger earlier? Especially since last time the follicle got too big. I assume you are going in tomorrow (sounds like it) so hopefully it didn't grow too fast. but you'll see tomorrow, right?

One thing I believe MargieD suggested and which I thought about doing myself was just some "regular" non IVF cycles, just so they could see how things go. I learned a lot during my last IVF, and that is basically that my follicles must be triggered much larger than normal! and also that my new protocol didn't help recruit extra follicles. I think that they can get a good picture how your body reacts over time, which can be helpful during IVF. I know this is your last IVF, and of course you won't convert this to IUI so I don't know if this suggestion is practical at this point in time...but, if you ever reconsider IVF, it could be something to think about.

I really feel your anxiety, and I really hope things go your way and you trigger tomorrow.

I hope you post an update tomorrow so we can see how things went. i am nervous for you, I was just thinking that maybe you were getting ready soon for ER.

Nancy