Another question about follicles

Another question about follicles

NancyMN
NancyMN

October 31st, 2011, 5:24 pm #1

I mentioned in my last few posts that I am new to the boards and learning about FSHI just did my first IUI last week, and was wondering about the monitoring. Has anyone ever experienced that there were more mature follicles after the trigger shot than they originally counted? When they triggered me, I had 2 at 17 and 19mm respectively and they said I had others but didnt tell me the size (which means they were smaller I know). Is it possible that more can grow between the trigger and the IUI? My RE didnt do an u/s followup for me so I know that is one way to know, but curious to know if anyone has personal experience with discovering they really had more follicles that grew after the trigger. I could see that if they are growing at 2mm day and you have a few at 14-15 on the trigger day, they could potentially be mature by IUI day?

bigboy
bigboy

October 31st, 2011, 6:49 pm #2

well...i feel like if you had a 14 or 15mm follicle at trigger they would have told you. maybe not. they did with me...others can chime in.

NancyMN
NancyMN

October 31st, 2011, 6:56 pm #3

Next time I will remember to specifically ask the sizes of the others. This is all new to me!

November 1st, 2011, 6:41 pm #4

I mentioned in my last few posts that I am new to the boards and learning about FSHI just did my first IUI last week, and was wondering about the monitoring. Has anyone ever experienced that there were more mature follicles after the trigger shot than they originally counted? When they triggered me, I had 2 at 17 and 19mm respectively and they said I had others but didnt tell me the size (which means they were smaller I know). Is it possible that more can grow between the trigger and the IUI? My RE didnt do an u/s followup for me so I know that is one way to know, but curious to know if anyone has personal experience with discovering they really had more follicles that grew after the trigger. I could see that if they are growing at 2mm day and you have a few at 14-15 on the trigger day, they could potentially be mature by IUI day?
If there were ones around 14-15 then they could potentially fertilize by the time of the IUI. On the other hand if they were that big they probably should have stimmed you another day or 2 to get those bigger. Probably you had a few small ones that would not have caught up and so they didn't bother to tell you the sizes. GL

jkl