2WW is over, BFN again.

2WW is over, BFN again.

Sara H
Sara H

August 2nd, 2011, 1:59 pm #1

Yip. POAS. Conservatively this is day 13. ( I did not do the post-ovulation look-see but with triggers and such should be day 13) Temps have fallen the last two days as well so all sign say no.

So, we are taking August off. A couple of trips and some adventures but none to the RE. Just need time to think.

This was a picture perfect cycle. Everything seemed right. Everything was a go.
But no.

So, onward.

Ladies who have taken a cycle off, is there anything I should do? I want to maintain where I am in case we try one more 'natural-ish' cycle. I am supposed to get a beta tomorrow. Should I wait for AF and get a Beta and FSH just to see where I stand... or should I ask for that now? Or just the Beta? (I am self pay, I just want to keep costs down.)

I'm OK, I was mostly expecting it since I have never has a positive, but it makes me sad.
This, however, made me feel better!
(It's the choirs that makes me smile!)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1yRwx-PK0

Thanks for any advice, ladies.
Sara H.

lucy999
lucy999

August 2nd, 2011, 3:26 pm #2

Maybe I say wait till tomorrow. if it is negative, then it is a real BFN. if you are self pay, i would not go and pay for beta and all that. Sending lots of hugs.

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 2nd, 2011, 4:28 pm #3

Yip. POAS. Conservatively this is day 13. ( I did not do the post-ovulation look-see but with triggers and such should be day 13) Temps have fallen the last two days as well so all sign say no.

So, we are taking August off. A couple of trips and some adventures but none to the RE. Just need time to think.

But no.

So, onward.

Ladies who have taken a cycle off, is there anything I should do? I want to maintain where I am in case we try one more 'natural-ish' cycle. I am supposed to get a beta tomorrow. Should I wait for AF and get a Beta and FSH just to see where I stand... or should I ask for that now? Or just the Beta? (I am self pay, I just want to keep costs down.)

I'm OK, I was mostly expecting it since I have never has a positive, but it makes me sad.
(It's the choirs that makes me smile!)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg1yRwx-PK0

Sara H.

You've been through a lot. Just get the beta, IMHO, although that's easy for me to say, I've bailed on them before. I'd say if it's day 14 personally, not 13, and it's still BFN, you can just wait for AF. Are you on P4 or no? If you are on P4, you really should get the beta (again, easy for me to say, I haven't every time - too upsetting, I know). Forget the friggin FSH and try naturally next month with OPK's, or just ever other day from day 10-day 14, then every day or something like that, IMHO. So sorry, so sorry. I completely understand how you feel. XOXO BD

mtoto2
mtoto2

August 2nd, 2011, 5:17 pm #4

But no.

So, onward.

Sara H.

Big Hug - so sorry

August 2nd, 2011, 5:30 pm #5

But no.

So, onward.

Sara H.

Oh Sara - I am so sorry to read this! I was rooting for you this month. The BFN's are never easy. I would get the beta b/c like the other poster mentioned, you are on the progesterone. If indeed it is negative, and you are looking for a break, most likely your nurse will give you instructions for your next cycle and I just say I am going to take a break and will come in the next CD3. I've already taken a 3mos break and they just jumped right back in when I was ready. In fact I haven't been back to Check myself since May!

I don't get AF on a regular basis so I have been doing the progesterone cream on my own in the luteal phase. I keep on the same vitamins and add vitex (herb) when not on supplemental stims. The only other thing I do is have a big ole glass of wine at dinner! ((hugs)) sara. Hang in there.

I hope you are travelling to some special places!

Sara H
Sara H

August 2nd, 2011, 5:32 pm #6

Maybe I say wait till tomorrow. if it is negative, then it is a real BFN. if you are self pay, i would not go and pay for beta and all that. Sending lots of hugs.
Will do tomorrow, just in case, tha's a tgood thought and thanks. (NT)

August 2nd, 2011, 5:33 pm #7

But no.

So, onward.

Sara H.

I know it is disappointing for you after such a good cycle.

As far as b/w, since you are self-pay and since you didn't do IVF (where you might need E2 and P4 supps because of the retrieval process), I don't think the timing is as critical. I can't remember if you were on P4 supps, but if you were, you might not get AF until you stop them. If you weren't, then maybe just wait for AF, then call and say you'd like baseline b/w, but don't think you need a beta since you got AF.

Sara H.
Sara H.

August 2nd, 2011, 5:36 pm #8

You've been through a lot. Just get the beta, IMHO, although that's easy for me to say, I've bailed on them before. I'd say if it's day 14 personally, not 13, and it's still BFN, you can just wait for AF. Are you on P4 or no? If you are on P4, you really should get the beta (again, easy for me to say, I haven't every time - too upsetting, I know). Forget the friggin FSH and try naturally next month with OPK's, or just ever other day from day 10-day 14, then every day or something like that, IMHO. So sorry, so sorry. I completely understand how you feel. XOXO BD
OK, I'll do the beta, it just seems like such a waste. My only though on doing the FSH is if it will matter for the next cycle, the one after this, if/when we go back, you know? I am wondering if taking the estrogen in the 2ww is keeping my FSH down, too? Who knows...

I'll leave that question for the nurses when I call and ask for the Beta test.

Thank you, I know you all know how I feel, I wish for all of you that you didn't!

Hugs,
Sara H

Sara H
Sara H

August 2nd, 2011, 5:55 pm #9

Oh Sara - I am so sorry to read this! I was rooting for you this month. The BFN's are never easy. I would get the beta b/c like the other poster mentioned, you are on the progesterone. If indeed it is negative, and you are looking for a break, most likely your nurse will give you instructions for your next cycle and I just say I am going to take a break and will come in the next CD3. I've already taken a 3mos break and they just jumped right back in when I was ready. In fact I haven't been back to Check myself since May!

I don't get AF on a regular basis so I have been doing the progesterone cream on my own in the luteal phase. I keep on the same vitamins and add vitex (herb) when not on supplemental stims. The only other thing I do is have a big ole glass of wine at dinner! ((hugs)) sara. Hang in there.

I hope you are travelling to some special places!
Wait, progesterone can't give you a false negative, though, just delay AF, right?

I'll call in a minute to get my orders for a beta, just so I know I can stop the stupid suppositories. ICK! I'm tired of feeling a gush ever time I stand up. Sorry, TMI I know!

Good luck with getting your cycles back. I hope this is the right mix for you!

Hugs and thanks,
Sara H.

PS- We are going upstate NY and to Florida, so to extremes!... R&R is welcome and needed!

Sara H
Sara H

August 2nd, 2011, 6:09 pm #10

I know it is disappointing for you after such a good cycle.

As far as b/w, since you are self-pay and since you didn't do IVF (where you might need E2 and P4 supps because of the retrieval process), I don't think the timing is as critical. I can't remember if you were on P4 supps, but if you were, you might not get AF until you stop them. If you weren't, then maybe just wait for AF, then call and say you'd like baseline b/w, but don't think you need a beta since you got AF.
So I guess yes for beta seems to be the response.

Yes, it was very disappointing... it just makes me feel like if we got EVERYTHING right and still nothing that this is not meant to be, you know?

The only thing that went wrong is I did get another UTI this month (ouch) so was on meds for that as well until two days ago...

I just did a search for "false negatives while on Cipro" and got a couple of hits... I DON'T think this is the case for me, I am sure it is BFN, but to be safe I will go for the beta.

Hey, it's only money, right???

Powerball is up to 165,000,000 dollars... so that will help!

And, if I will, I will keep this board ad free forever!

Hugs to all,
Sara H