2ww going nuts

2ww going nuts

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 27th, 2011, 4:13 pm #1

Is 6dp3dt too early to POAS? I never POAS but for some reason I got the urge to do so this morning and it was inconclusive....there was a very, very very faint + but maybe the trigger is in my system still.

Feeling pretty sad. DH is mad at me for POAS and some lady I know said that even though my embryos were good that my history even things out and my chances were no better than 30% or so. (She also said she thought it was terrible that the RE put 5 embryos in a 32 (now 33 since Wednesday) year old woman. I wanted to scream at her that she has no idea how it is to be me and that passing judgement was not appropriate right now. But instead I just said I disagreed with her.

Do you ladies think my chances are really that low? How do you stay positive admist these terrible 2ww?

Thanks,
Sara Q

May 27th, 2011, 5:21 pm #2

Once you get to ET, you are on the same field as anyone else that doesnt have DOR. I think being in your early thirties usually puts us at about 50/50. 2 8 cells is amazing. Dont let this person get you down. Sounds like she isnt exactly someone you want to be around right now. I don't think she phrased things correctly, but I would prepare yourself for a possible multiple pregnancy if you are pg. I had 2 8 cells and a 6 cell and ended up with triplets. I really hope and wish you get your bfp.
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Sara Q
Sara Q

May 27th, 2011, 5:25 pm #3

I really appreciate your kind and logical words so much. I definately think she is not the person to be around right now. And I think you're right about prepping myself for a multiple pregnancy. DH and I have been talking about it and we're ready for whatever comes...

Lots of Love,
Sara Q

Tanya
Tanya

May 27th, 2011, 5:44 pm #4

Is 6dp3dt too early to POAS? I never POAS but for some reason I got the urge to do so this morning and it was inconclusive....there was a very, very very faint + but maybe the trigger is in my system still.

Feeling pretty sad. DH is mad at me for POAS and some lady I know said that even though my embryos were good that my history even things out and my chances were no better than 30% or so. (She also said she thought it was terrible that the RE put 5 embryos in a 32 (now 33 since Wednesday) year old woman. I wanted to scream at her that she has no idea how it is to be me and that passing judgement was not appropriate right now. But instead I just said I disagreed with her.

Do you ladies think my chances are really that low? How do you stay positive admist these terrible 2ww?

Thanks,
Sara Q
I think I saw a positive on the FRER on 12dpo. I believe I have read that some people seem them at 10po but I did not. I am really hoping this is your lucky cycle and I agree with Alli, once you have the embryos it makes no difference what your condition was; you are on a equal playing field.
I would avoid the lady who made the comments; there is no reasoning with some people. I have found it isnt worth my energy to try to talk sense into some people.
I would retest tomorrow. Please let us know!!!

Fingers crossed for you!

JulesM
JulesM

May 27th, 2011, 6:14 pm #5

Thanks,
Sara Q
I saw the first shadow of a line 6dp3dt... test later tonight or tomorrow to see if it looks darker. Stay positive girl... this could be the real thing!!!

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

May 27th, 2011, 6:27 pm #6

Thanks,
Sara Q
and a possible idiot. sorry to be insulting BUT re-read what you wrote.

"even though my embryos were good that my history even things out and my chances were no better than 30% or so. (She also said she thought it was terrible that the RE put 5 embryos in a 32"

On the one hand she's saying your IF history diminishes your chances, but on the other she's saying that 5 embies will increase your chances (but puts in that in a negative light). Can she make up her mind on what she means?

If given the opportunity to put TEN embies I'd probably have done it!

I don't think your chances are low at all. I think your chances are fantastic! I agree with Alli that you should prepare for a possible multi BFP, but I'm sure you knew that possibility existed before you put the embies back in.

I'd stay cautiously optimistic about a positive POAS at 9DPO. It could be residual trigger and it could not. I'd wait until at least 11DPO to re-POAS.

Jamie
Jamie

May 27th, 2011, 6:27 pm #7

Thanks,
Sara Q
I don't know who this woman is but she sounds like a really negative person. Disregard! I think your chances are quite good, and I'm sure I am a better judge than she is. At 12 days out a faint line sounds very, very positive . . . in a day or two you should be able to tell better. Hugs!

Bethpky
Bethpky

May 27th, 2011, 6:45 pm #8

Thanks,
Sara Q
No, I don't think you're crazy at all for testing early. Good luck!

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 27th, 2011, 7:55 pm #9

Thanks,
Sara Q
I just sat through the meds class where they tell you never do the test during an IVF cycle so don't worry about what it said. You have a GREAT chance and even if this didn't work the fact that you had two 8 cell embryos only bodes well for the future. I'm excited for you!

sarita
sarita

May 27th, 2011, 7:56 pm #10

sorry - that anon post was me! I forgot to log in.