Moderators: SilverLugia456, SROS Master, skittles1978

Where are They Now

September 13th, 2008, 4:56 pm #1

Is there going to be efforts to buy the old rides back ( Scrambler from Edeville ) ? Or finding the ferris wheel, bouncer, Tumble bug ? All these rides I would love to see come back to the old part of the park ...

Chair Scott
Sei Whale

September 13th, 2008, 7:46 pm #2

Most of Whalom's original rides were sold and incorporated in other parks. We would have no chance in purchasing them from their new owners.:( However, We have found a hand full of rides that were stored and never installed. These rides we are trying to purchase. These rides need restoration and they might not be able to be saved.:unsure: This will not stop us from trying though. We will keep you posted.

September 23rd, 2008, 11:36 pm #3

Does anyone have the list of all rides they had at whalom and where they currently are ?

September 28th, 2008, 2:20 pm #4

Chair Scott wrote: Most of Whalom's original rides were sold and incorporated in other parks. We would have no chance in purchasing them from their new owners.:( However, We have found a hand full of rides that were stored and never installed. These rides we are trying to purchase. These rides need restoration and they might not be able to be saved.:unsure: This will not stop us from trying though. We will keep you posted.
Do you know where most of those original rides are located ( Im curious as to where they are now :-) ) and perhaps which rides ? What rides were just stored and never installed ? Would love to help goes those up and running!

Any information would be great !

Thanks

September 28th, 2008, 2:23 pm #5

mrceagle wrote:
Guest wrote:Does anyone have the list of all rides they had at whalom and where they currently are ?
The Program has been keeping The original ride list in mind when looking for rides for the new park. The Original rides were Auctioned off. The whereabouts of many of the rides is known. Though many of them were put into service. The Program is in contact with a few owners with the hopes to get back some of the original rides.
Do you have the list of the original rides and their where abouts ? I think its neat to find things like that out ( just for my personal curiousity )

Thanks

John

Chair Scott
Sei Whale

September 28th, 2008, 7:13 pm #6

Hi John, Through a board members help (former ride mechanic from Whalom) we have compiled a list. Seeing roughly two thirds of Whalom's rides have been incorporated in other parks still in operation. We will be unable to acquire those, however we have a possible lead on some Kiddie Land rides, possibly the Train, Whip and (if Edaville hasn't scraped it) Tumble Bug. Again a possible lead. We have a few more items to accomplish before the rides package is secured, but it is on our list. I would like to see more posts from you. Please feel free to register as a member so we can keep this conversation on going.

September 29th, 2008, 2:30 am #7

Where did the orginal skooters end up?

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

September 29th, 2008, 5:34 am #8

mainelycoasters wrote: Where did the original skooters end up?
The Skooters as wheal as the whip were purchased at the park auction by Story Land in Glen, NH. The Skooters are not in good shape that's why the parks Flying fish ride is a new Larson model as apposed to Whalom's Bosch Rico Skooters.

September 29th, 2008, 8:46 pm #9

is the whip in use? think we can get the skooter cars back cheap? might make a cool themed booth for a sit down resterant.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

September 30th, 2008, 1:56 am #10

Guest wrote: is the whip in use? think we can get the skooter cars back cheap? might make a cool themed booth for a sit down resterant.
The whip is not in use. but expansion plans at Story land have been slowed do to the purchase by kennywood and them by Parques Reunidos. They aren't very willing to sell the whip but the cars for the Skooters are possible. Thing is they would likely want what they payed on the whole ride back for them.

October 5th, 2008, 8:18 pm #11

Chair Scott wrote: Hi John, Through a board members help (former ride mechanic from Whalom) we have compiled a list. Seeing roughly two thirds of Whalom's rides have been incorporated in other parks still in operation. We will be unable to acquire those, however we have a possible lead on some Kiddie Land rides, possibly the Train, Whip and (if Edaville hasn't scraped it) Tumble Bug. Again a possible lead. We have a few more items to accomplish before the rides package is secured, but it is on our list. I would like to see more posts from you. Please feel free to register as a member so we can keep this conversation on going.
What is the list so far? Could you put the list on here The ride and where they are / in operation or not ?

Thanks and I will be registering :-)

John

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

October 5th, 2008, 11:02 pm #12

I'll see what I can do in my spare time.

Whalom Park Fan
Sea Horse

October 26th, 2008, 3:37 pm #13

mrceagle wrote: I'll see what I can do in my spare time.
Just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get the list up on here of all the rides that whalom had and where they are now and if they are in operation?

Thanks

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

October 27th, 2008, 10:58 pm #14

Whalom Park Fan wrote:
mrceagle wrote: I'll see what I can do in my spare time.
Just wanted to follow up to see if you were able to get the list up on here of all the rides that whalom had and where they are now and if they are in operation?

Thanks
Been a little swamped lately. I got a general list but with no info on what the rides are up to now. I will continue to work on this on my free time.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

November 13th, 2008, 12:35 am #15

Whalom Rides List

• Carousel (1914) Looff - Menagerie returned to owners form previous sale. Mechanism sold in action to a local.
• Ferris wheel Eli Bridge – bought by local carnivnal
• Flyer Comet (1940) PTC – demolished on October 17th 2006
• Flying Scooters - Sold to Story Land currently in storage.
• The Looper/rat cages/rockn roll Allan Hershell – sold to kneobles
• Octopus – SBNO(non functional) at close of park.
• Paratrooper -
• Roto-Jets – bought but abandoned
• Satellite Jets - Originally from Palisades Park, buyer took cars and abandoned the mechanism.
• Scrambler Eli Bridge – Sold to Edaville used for parts.
• Sea Dragon Chance – Returned to owner
• Tilt-a-whirl Sellner – sold to edaville used for parts
• Tumble Bug Traver engineering– sold to edaville placed in storage.
• Turnpike – go carts abandoned.
• The Whip W.F. Mangels - Sold to Story land currently in storage.
• Yo-Yo Chance – returned to owner.
• Train Chance Iron horse – Sold to a private owner. Track scraped.
• Tip top/tea cups – scraped, a couple of cars saved.
• Funhouse – demolished.
• 4 kiddie rides were sold to a local and are in storage
• Remaining kiddie rides sold to edaville – operating

November 13th, 2008, 10:15 pm #16

mrceagle wrote: Whalom Rides List

• Carousel (1914) Looff - Menagerie returned to owners form previous sale. Mechanism sold in action to a local.
• Ferris wheel Eli Bridge – bought by local carnivnal
• Flyer Comet (1940) PTC – demolished on October 17th 2006
• Flying Scooters - Sold to Story Land currently in storage.
• The Looper/rat cages/rockn roll Allan Hershell – sold to kneobles
• Octopus – SBNO(non functional) at close of park.
• Paratrooper -
• Roto-Jets – bought but abandoned
• Satellite Jets - Originally from Palisades Park, buyer took cars and abandoned the mechanism.
• Scrambler Eli Bridge – Sold to Edaville used for parts.
• Sea Dragon Chance – Returned to owner
• Tilt-a-whirl Sellner – sold to edaville used for parts
• Tumble Bug Traver engineering– sold to edaville placed in storage.
• Turnpike – go carts abandoned.
• The Whip W.F. Mangels - Sold to Story land currently in storage.
• Yo-Yo Chance – returned to owner.
• Train Chance Iron horse – Sold to a private owner. Track scraped.
• Tip top/tea cups – scraped, a couple of cars saved.
• Funhouse – demolished.
• 4 kiddie rides were sold to a local and are in storage
• Remaining kiddie rides sold to edaville – operating
Ferris wheel Eli Bridge – bought by local carnivnal -- wouldnt happen to be Fiesta Shows ?

Turnpike – go carts abandoned. -- Surprised nobody bought the cars to have for restoration or memoribilia ...

Its a shame to see most of the rides used for parts I wonder if they were still in operational condition ( whole ride ) ?

Did Paul from the Puppet land keep or have alot memoribilia from whalom ( perhaps things from the funhouse parts from rides ( signs etc ) ? that would be cool to see ..

Are there still efforts on trying to get some rides back and get them operational ?

I want to thank you for the list and if someothers come up please post its very good reading although sad to see

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

November 14th, 2008, 12:42 am #17

Guest wrote: Ferris wheel Eli Bridge – bought by local carnivnal -- wouldnt happen to be Fiesta Shows ?

Turnpike – go carts abandoned. -- Surprised nobody bought the cars to have for restoration or memoribilia ...

Its a shame to see most of the rides used for parts I wonder if they were still in operational condition ( whole ride ) ?

Did Paul from the Puppet land keep or have alot memoribilia from whalom ( perhaps things from the funhouse parts from rides ( signs etc ) ? that would be cool to see ..

Are there still efforts on trying to get some rides back and get them operational ?

I want to thank you for the list and if someothers come up please post its very good reading although sad to see
I'm not sure which carnival bought it I thin kit was Fenneli but I'm not 100% sure.

The turnpike cars, the original ones, were sold off in the 90's they were replaced by 2 go carts which weren't anything special. Hard to do much with 2 regular go carts.

The rides were in operational condition when they were sold.

I'm not sure is Paul has anything. the NWPOP has been working with the land owner to get some memorabilia.

There are efforts to get back some of the original rides and operate them again. though only a few rides are available. There is also an effort of getting rides that are of the style. a new scrambler, tilt-a-whirl, Whip, etc.

Thrillride93
Sea Horse

November 14th, 2008, 10:43 pm #18

The eli wheel is fanelli's. Does fiesta have the sea dragon and yo yo

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

November 15th, 2008, 2:39 am #19

Thrillride93 wrote: The eli wheel is fanelli's. Does fiesta have the sea dragon and yo yo
The sea dragon and yoyo went back to fenelli. the park was leasing these 2 rides they did not own them.

Whalom Park Fan
Sea Horse

November 18th, 2008, 7:11 pm #20

mrceagle wrote:
Thrillride93 wrote: The eli wheel is fanelli's. Does fiesta have the sea dragon and yo yo
The sea dragon and yoyo went back to fenelli. the park was leasing these 2 rides they did not own them.
Oh thats interesting I didnt know they were leased. I really hope we can get alot of the old rides back and get them operational so we can all ride them once again!