Moderators: SilverLugia456, SROS Master

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 3:08 am #121

Very different clientele. scenic chairlifts the people are going there for the nature and in turn have far more respect for it. parks get a range of people including those who care about very little but themselves.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 3:21 pm #122

That really is a shame. Those people who care only about themselves probably never done a hike in their life(I know those scumbags on SFNE Online like to think I am one of them, even though I do like hiking).

Oh look! A ride on the worlds best gondola!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2asrbl8Ld0

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 9:54 pm #123

Except it never goes anywhere. I do like those small box gondolas. Too bad LC couldn't upgrade to something like that.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 25th, 2018, 4:43 pm #124

Yeah that would be nice. However loading and unloading would not be very easy in compare to the chair. Unless you upgrade the lift to something like what Six Flags New England once had.

Just discovered the coolest POV of wildcat express I have found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOSaQUyJOI

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 25th, 2018, 8:26 pm #125

that's what I'm talking about a cabin set up that is enclosed. would need to be a style with AC. but if its closed in people can't toss stuff out. and it would also make it wheelchair accessible.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 26th, 2018, 12:56 am #126

Ok, I thought you meant upgrading the chair and not the lift itself. It would make the ride down alot more thrilling. Though I like the openness you get when your on a chair.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 26th, 2018, 4:35 am #127

Opened chair lists are nice and you get to take in so much. you get the sounds and feel of the air as you ride. A gondola being shut would loose the extra sensation but would be more secure.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 27th, 2018, 6:27 pm #128

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 28th, 2018, 5:03 am #129

Interesting so this brings you from one ski slop to another?

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 28th, 2018, 3:32 pm #130

Yes it does. Sugarbush is unique because there are two seperate ski areas operated as one. I believe they use to be separate ski areas, until Sugarbush expanded.

Its too bad its only open on weekends and holidays(including the weekdays of February break). And the temp has to be above 5 degrees to be operational.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 29th, 2018, 1:12 am #131

wow that's a limited schedule. do they rely on only natural snow fall? Why such a limited schedule

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 29th, 2018, 9:36 pm #132

I think its because of its ridership. It really is a criminally underrated chairlift ride. It is my favorite chairlift ride outside of Whistler Blackcomb. Though I remembered Canobie #1 saying from 4 or 5 years ago, that the chairlift ran on a friday during the month of January. It may be running on weekdays now, but I never been there during a weekday outside of feburary break so I cant really confirm on that. But I do know for a fact that it was the case 10 years ago when I first skiied there. They literally stated on their website that its closed on weekdays.

They really should start offering scenic fall foliage rides on Slide Brook express in the future. Have people start out going up gate house express, then onto the lift. After that, then can go on North Ridge Express. Then they have the option to hike the rest of the way to the top of the mountain.
Just imagine how much more money they would end up making if that ever happened.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 30th, 2018, 2:03 am #133

That dose sound like a nice experience in the fall.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 30th, 2018, 4:22 am #134

Yeah I imagine the foliage would be jawdropping spectacular from that lift. If it ever would happen for real, the lift would run at almost its normal winter operation speed. Slow enough for people to get on and off and to enjoy the scenery, but fast enough so some people wouldn’t get too board. I say whatever speed so the ride wouldn’t last longer than 15 minutes one way. Then have the other two lifts run at half the normal winter operational speed, like most scenic chairlift rides do in the summer and fall.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 30th, 2018, 4:54 pm #135

SROS Master wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II3aq7Q ... =8&list=WL

I get everyone has a different taste, but why the hell isn’t Ragged mountain or Wildcat mountain on this list? I am also confused why he would rate Cranmore above the other ski areas he listed. The only reason he gave was because of North Conway. Cranmore looks the least exciting among the other ski areas in the White Mountains. Bretton Woods so far is my least favorite White Mountain ski area. All though the scenery is very nice, and it is very nice to visit during off season.
Remember this?

Now its Vermonts turn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2TPww5 ... t=WL&t=77s

While I am happy Okemo is #1 on this list, I am puzzled why Jay Peak nor Killington were included.

I am also happy Sugabush is also included, but to include Mad River on that same spot gets me scratching my head even more. While they are part of the same mountain range, they are two completely different ski experiences. Not to mention they are not part of the same chain. If this is a personal list, than fine. But if this is gonna be presented with more broad facts he really needs to put more thought into the other major ski resorts.

Heres where I rank these resorts. #5 Mount Snow #4 Mad River Glen #3 Stratton #2 Stowe #1 Okemo/Sugarbush. I find Okemo and Sugarbush have their pros and cons. Okemo has better cruisers and beginner/intermediate skiing, but Sugarbush has better natural scenery, and better advanced/expert trails.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 30th, 2018, 10:40 pm #136

Interesting. don't really get why the audio is synthesized and not a real person.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 17th, 2018, 4:45 pm #137

Hes probably too camera shy.

Also get this!
wrote:okemo is so flat and no hard trails there how is that number 1 same with stratton jeesus
And I thought Canobie#1 had a negative opinion about Okemo. He even thinks Strattton is boring, and dull?! Whatever though.

Now, a ride on the highest ski lift at NHs most popular ski area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3dwc3ls2KQ

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 18th, 2018, 3:02 pm #138

The Whistler Blackcomb trip report has been updated with the addition of ski lift videos.

http://s6.zetaboards.com/New_Whalom_Par ... 455/1/#new

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 31st, 2018, 6:59 pm #139

Some news out of loon Mountain resort

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 31st, 2018, 9:09 pm #140

Thats great news! Now if Loon can up their lift capacity.