Moderators: SilverLugia456, SROS Master

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 28th, 2018, 2:29 am #106

That's true. Though I think Vermont's winter revenue is quite bigger than in NH, especially because of Killington. Some ski areas have some solid attractions during the summer though. Stowe has this really amazing zipline tour, and Jay Peak has a fantastic year round indoor waterpark. Bromley also has a good selection of attractions, including an alpine slide(the only one left in VT). Okemo now even has a scenic railroad.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 28th, 2018, 10:11 pm #107

Those alpine slides have pretty much go away and been replaced by Mountain coasters.

It look like NHis much stornger tourislm wise.

NH - http://nhpr.org/post/tourism-official-m ... outside-us
Victoria Cimino, the director of New Hampshire's Division of Travel and Tourism Development, says New England received an estimated 2.1 million international visitors in 2015 who spent about $2.1 billion.

VT - https://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/sto ... /11924875/
Vermont tourism revenue close to $1 billion (2014 report)

I'l dig some more. but the 2 reports are only year off.

Funny thing though VT restaurants do much better in the summer then in the winter.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 3rd, 2018, 3:17 am #108

It is funny. Though thats probibly because there isnt anything else to do in the summer, other than hiking and other outdoor activities.

Heres a video of Pats Peaks newest triple as of this past season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CKZxd1kDTs

I actually use to work there from the 2016-2017 season as a lift operator. I felt it was a mixed bag. Great being in ski country everyday, and there were a few very nice folks there, especially the lifts manager. Unfortunately there were some folks that were not so nice(and even treated me like garage a few times). The job also was hard and a bit much for me at times.

It wasnt a bad job, and I did survive the whole season. I felt it wasn’t exactly the job for me(though I was hoping it would since I have a fascination with chairlift rides). I guess I underestimated how hard it can get. I also really wish they would have been more considerate about the safety of the employees, and not just their guests. Really didn’t appreciate that they made me work on that day with that brutal March storm, when they could have made one of many locals do it instead.

Theres also a video posted by Pats Peak that features a few employees that I actually known and talked to when I worked there.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 3rd, 2018, 4:23 am #109

I find that can be the case at a lot of jobs.

VT has a few things to do in the summer but not much. my parents camp there a lot and Santa's land will hopefully have a few summer days.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 7th, 2018, 3:11 am #110

Yeah, but some types of jobs are not as stressful for some depending on your capabilities. That was just not one of them. I also wish some people didn’t treat me like a sore loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYqxnnAgO9Q

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 8th, 2018, 12:18 pm #111

Ya when I worked at Bet buy I had a few really rotten customers.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 10th, 2018, 8:42 pm #112

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 11th, 2018, 4:48 am #113

Wow, that thing has some speed.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 18th, 2018, 8:19 pm #114

This is a long, but pretty ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPGek4P9xyY

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 21st, 2018, 4:17 am #115

That is nice. I see these video and can't help but miss the sky ride at Lake Compounce.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 21st, 2018, 5:52 pm #116

Yeah getting rid of that skyride was such an overreaction to the Great Escape incident. At least Knoebels still has their skyride. Its similarly scenic to the one at Compounce, though Compounces had better views but Knoebels was more pristine.

Besides, you can always take a trip to one of the new england ski resorts that have a scenic chairlift ride during the summer and early fall.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 22nd, 2018, 2:51 am #117

Good point.

From what I was told the incident at TGE was more of a good excuse to deal with something that was a growing issue. Riders were dropping thing form the ride to include lit cigarettes.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 23rd, 2018, 12:14 am #118

I can understand the lit cigarette part. But every other part is not a good enough excuse. Your not going to hit anyone.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 23rd, 2018, 2:49 pm #119

True but it still required cleanup. but the lit cigarettes were the big issues. a small fire is easily stopped but a dry windy day could get worse too fast and good by Boulder Dash.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 12:21 am #120

If only there was a way to force people to not take cigarettes on the skyride. I suppose the chairlift ride wouldn’t be as pretty with all those junk beneath you.

Thankfully none of the scenic chairlift rides have that problem. At least as far as I am concern.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 3:08 am #121

Very different clientele. scenic chairlifts the people are going there for the nature and in turn have far more respect for it. parks get a range of people including those who care about very little but themselves.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 3:21 pm #122

That really is a shame. Those people who care only about themselves probably never done a hike in their life(I know those scumbags on SFNE Online like to think I am one of them, even though I do like hiking).

Oh look! A ride on the worlds best gondola!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2asrbl8Ld0

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 24th, 2018, 9:54 pm #123

Except it never goes anywhere. I do like those small box gondolas. Too bad LC couldn't upgrade to something like that.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 25th, 2018, 4:43 pm #124

Yeah that would be nice. However loading and unloading would not be very easy in compare to the chair. Unless you upgrade the lift to something like what Six Flags New England once had.

Just discovered the coolest POV of wildcat express I have found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOSaQUyJOI

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 25th, 2018, 8:26 pm #125

that's what I'm talking about a cabin set up that is enclosed. would need to be a style with AC. but if its closed in people can't toss stuff out. and it would also make it wheelchair accessible.