Moderators: SilverLugia456, SROS Master, skittles1978

Six Flags New England General Discussion

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

February 9th, 2017, 3:01 am #1

This thread is dedicated to Six flags New England (SFNE). A place for SFNE Fans to Converse. Feel free to create independent threads for major news out of the park but for general discussions and speculation this is the place.

Current Ride Count 41
12 Coasters | 4 Thrill Rides | 10 Family Rides | 1 Dark Ride | 1 Water Ride | 13 Kiddie Rides
Water Park Attraction count 39
3 Pools | 2 Lazy/Adventure Rivers | 28 Slides | 5 Kids attractions | 1 Play-structure
Recent Ride Info
Last attraction added
Last attraction removed
[/td]
Harley Quinn Spinsanity 2018
Buzzsaw 2017

SROS Master
Blue Whale

February 11th, 2017, 1:18 am #2

This park has an interesting history for me. It use to be awesome back when Superman was new. I use to go there dozens of times. Then the park changed alot of things that I was not happy about. I then hated it to the point where I thought Canobie is better.

Right now with all the new stuff added lately, I think the park is becoming ok. Still not interested enough in revisiting, but who knows what they will add or take away in the coming future.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

February 13th, 2017, 1:32 am #3

I read somewhere that Thunderbolt replaced the old seat belts with smaller seat belts that sound too restrictive. When did that happen?

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

February 13th, 2017, 2:35 am #4

SROS Master wrote:This park has an interesting history for me. It use to be awesome back when Superman was new. I use to go there dozens of times. Then the park changed alot of things that I was not happy about. I then hated it to the point where I thought Canobie is better.

Right now with all the new stuff added lately, I think the park is becoming ok. Still not interested enough in revisiting, but who knows what they will add or take away in the coming future.
I visited many times in the early 2000's. The park was amazing though down time was a big issue. They had more more fountains back then. The park had much better shows. 2005 was were they hit their peek. but the park slowly declined. I have been back a couple times in the last 3 years. The park has gotten a lot better but still lacks the amazement seen in the years after being flagged. I did enjoy my trips though my second trip was very busy and I only got on 8 rides in 8 hours. my previous strip just short of Fright Fest was much better.
wrote:I read somewhere that Thunderbolt replaced the old seat belts with smaller seat belts that sound too restrictive. When did that happen?
I don't know if they replaced them with shorter belts of simply trimmed the ones they had making them shorter. But they are shorter.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

February 16th, 2017, 4:32 am #5

While looking at a Canobie video posted by SROS Master I saw a video for Riverside year 1999. Sadly most of the rides shown in this video are now gone and many of those rides were fairly new or the park.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/S8uYPwtFzMY

There was also this video form local WGBY featuring lost but not forgotten attractions like the race track and monorail.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/hVGrtolSM88

SROS Master
Blue Whale

February 18th, 2017, 12:37 am #6

Thanks for posting. That first video brings back some memories from the earlier days I visited Six Flags.

Heres a video of the monorail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAkHJUeeZU4

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

February 18th, 2017, 3:35 pm #7

Good find. I had an opportunity to ride the mono rail on my first trip to Riverside in 96. What an unique and fun ride. Stinks they took it out. The only thing ii think was really in the way of it's layout today is the Loony Tunes Emporium.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

February 25th, 2017, 6:07 pm #8

The park has posted an update today; Joker is now going vertical.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 2nd, 2017, 10:24 pm #9

I am astounded how critical and arrogant the parks fanboys are these days.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 3rd, 2017, 5:22 am #10

Never underestimate the combination of passion and foolishness.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 4th, 2017, 12:36 am #11

Hahaha!

Even back when I was a fanboy of SFNE, and that was from 2003-2007 or 08, I wasn’t very snooty. My appreciation of the park was too overwhelming.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 4th, 2017, 7:54 am #12

That's a good thing

back to SFNE It seems the park is dumping VR on Superman but will likely relocate it to Mind Eraser.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 4th, 2017, 7:29 pm #13

That's also a good thing.

I don’t know for sure if this will happen anytime soon. But if it is, then it would be cool to have it take place at Gotham City with a battle against the Riddler. It would be called, the Riddler's Mind Eraser. But the one thing that would be really awesome in addition to VR, is if they also added those new Vekoma style trains.

I seriously would go back to the park just to check that out.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 5th, 2017, 3:25 pm #14

In those If you ran the park threads, For years I have been suggesting the South End become Gotham City and from the very beginning I have been calling for Riddler's Mind Eraser. So for me this is nothing new. but it's never happened. only reason it's being suggested now is that the park is getting a new coaster and they are opting to call it Joker since they have no imagination and can't come up with another name.

Unfortunately the area has changed so my original plan of the Gotham Millennium Wheel Sponsored by Wayne Industries will not be happening.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 5th, 2017, 7:11 pm #15

Yeah you know, SFNE could still be a great park if Mark Shapiro never took over as CEO. They should have just kept everything they had from the 2006 season, and just focused on turning South End into Gotham City.

I guess flipso the ride would be a more original name than Joker.

So, is your Gotham Millennium Wheel idea a Ferris Wheel?

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 6th, 2017, 4:06 pm #16

Yes it was a rename of the Existing Ferris wheel that was removed in like 2006. The support structure was damaged during the construction n of Splash Water Falls and they opted to take it down. The area had much more rides back them.

Shapiro didn't do the best job but they were in horrible shape financially. He inherited a lot of debt and did a lot to turn the company around. Yes they eventually went bankrupt but if the old management had stayed in control We might not have a six Flags to talk about.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 6th, 2017, 9:45 pm #17

I get what you mean. Though there still were some rides that should have stayed, like Nightwing, and Rodeo.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 7th, 2017, 4:46 am #18

Those were big losses as was time warp. But there was an order to trim costs and They went after the flats that had high operation costs. They could have removed a caster shipped it off somewhere else but the park seems set on driving that count up regardless of need for the coaster. It's hard to keep 50+ rides going on top of the water park, especially when the chain is in the red.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

March 7th, 2017, 4:23 pm #19

I have to agree that removing an average joe coaster is better than removing a unique flat. Would some of those unique flats have been saved if Flashback was removed several years ago?

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 8th, 2017, 6:40 am #20

Granted it's only a theory but pretty much yes. Flashback costs x amount to keep up and requires 2-3 employees. So those costs could be weighed against the maintenance costs and number of employees a flat takes. Time Warp operated with 2 employees rodeo with 1 but it should have operated with 2 to streamline the load/unload to up capacity.

Night wing unfortunately was starting to have issues and Huss stopped supporting it since they only sold a few of them.