SFNE Opening Day Notes

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 11th, 2018, 5:41 pm #1

Six Flags opened for its 2018 season to cold weather and very light crowds this last Saturday. I visited with my younger brother his wife and 3 kids (10,10 and 8). parking was easy with only the first quarter of the parking lot having cars in it. For the first time I took the tram to the front in the tandem bus. we took the standard Chance manufactured tram back at the end of the day.

time in park was 10:45 till 5:30. the park was open till 8 but the weather was getting colder and we left to meetup with some relatives for dinner in Putney VT.

The park had nearly all the rides open with the exception of Goliath, Blizzard River, and the upcoming Spinsanity. There was some downtime on Joker and Cyclone but they got them back up. We managed to hit joker but missed Wicked Cyclone do to the down time.

Since I was there with my nieces and nephew I firs the first item spent the majority of the time in the three kiddie lands. I mostly rode with my nephew, per his request, and road the train, Whrlybirds (helicopters), ships Ahoy, And Great Chase. The kids road the speed trap(in a new location) and Tweete’s tweehouse drop tower by themselves. The kids were interesting in the2 car rides and the plans in kidzopolis but we never got back around to them.

My brother and sinter in law missed a number of rides but overall I got on with my brother and niece most of the parks rides. With low crowds everything was pretty much a walk on. I hit all the staples and a few I normally skip like the bumper cars and gauntlet. Only rides I didn’t bother with were fireball, Tomahawk, Scrambler, Flashback, and Scream.

Gotham and Riddler

The south end is now Gotham City. Last year all the rides were batman related except for the teacups and mind eraser. Now with the upcoming Harley Quinn Spinsanity and a relocated tea cups the park opted to call this Gotham City. The area sow 2 changes. The food stands got new names. Though I don’t know how they are Gotham related and Mind Eraser is now Riddler’s Revenge. The ride now sports a dark yellow support with green track and a new entrance. It’s a chance I have been talking about and other have talked about for years. A pleasant move but so far under executed.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 12th, 2018, 2:06 am #2

I am too lazy to read the full report right now, but was Riddlers Mind Eraser playing that station music I posted on from the SFNE thread?

I agree the color scheme is weird. I would like it a lot more if the yellow was black, and the green was light green similar to Phantoms Revenge.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 12th, 2018, 2:25 am #3

No it was playing Generic 90's batman theme music at one point but I didn't hear anything myself.

The Black on green is what I was hoping for.

KateWhip
Great White Shark
KateWhip
Great White Shark

April 13th, 2018, 1:42 pm #4

I'm glad you had a good time with the girls and bug. I'm sure they were in good hands with you. They probably had a better time then if they had gone with there parents and Steven.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 15th, 2018, 6:55 pm #5

I did have a great time with the kids. I wanted them to have a good time and it was fun riding the smaller rides with them.