Moderators: SilverLugia456, SROS Master

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 27th, 2018, 5:24 am #31

It is also good for the environment. New York City really needs to jump on the bandwagon. If there ever were a movie about this, I would see it.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 28th, 2018, 4:13 am #32

NY, but especially The big cities in California. their smog levels have been through the roof for years.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 8th, 2018, 1:42 am #33

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 8th, 2018, 5:40 am #34

WOW, Really curious to know what set him off. The report said he said she was loud. maybe that was true but hes got his head phones on and there has to be something more going on for him to get that upset.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 15th, 2018, 4:41 pm #35

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 16th, 2018, 4:06 am #36

Interesting! Looked at the web site 3 bucks introductory price isn't too bad but then 10-15 bucks to go from fort Lauderdale to Miami round trip is a bit jump. But not horrible For a 29 mile trip. That's basicly the same as Lowell to Boston which I looked up and it's $20 for round trip

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 16th, 2018, 4:29 pm #37

Yeah, but it sure will be a much nicer and even faster ride than by car.

Oh my! Look what the storm has done here!

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/ ... lot-of-fun

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 18th, 2018, 3:38 am #38

Wow that's Packed.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 23rd, 2018, 1:04 am #39

Im soo glad my flight to Whistler never ended up like this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6jvKt2h6s

If I was on that flight, I probably would have duck taped his mouth shut, and beat hell out of that parent for being so irresponsible!

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 24th, 2018, 12:53 am #40

Not exactly an option. The parents should have done more to settle him and obviusly didn't plan ahead.

Newsies
Sand Shark
Newsies
Sand Shark

June 18th, 2018, 4:47 pm #41

New Hartford Springfield Line Opens
CTRail expanded

A new line has opened this last weekend. CTrail now offers commuter service between Windsor Locks, Windsor, Hartford, Berlin, Meriden, Wallingford and New Haven. But the big news is the AMtrack high speed rail to Springfield Massachusetts. Trains will run daily with over a dozen trains operating daily. Prices range from $6.00 between Hartford and Springfield to $12.75 between Springfield and New Haven when bought at a kiosk or Ticket window. There is a $3.00 up-charge for tickets purchased onboard. Trains will leave every 45 minutes form the Springfield location.[note]http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut ... story.html[note]

No Bathrooms on CTrail lines
Do to a complaint by a local rights group the rail system has shuttered there onboard restrooms for all passengers. originally the rail system had received a waver to operate the trains as is while they prepare to upgrade to ADA accessible restrooms in early 2019. The decision was mad by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in response to a filed complaint. A local Disabilities rights organization filed an ADA complaint with the FRA. Finding the complaint has merit the FRA released this statement; "All restrooms on each consist [railroad vehicle] must be locked out until at least one accessible restroom per consist is actually provided." Originally Handicapped Portable Restrooms were set up at train stops but executive director Gretchen Knauff of the group filing the complain fells that's not enough. portable bathrooms at train stations - "fails to address the lack of accessible bathrooms on the trains." She went on to say, "Our objective isn’t to deny everybody the use of a bathroom, It’s just to make sure there is a substantially equal opportunity for people with disabilities to use a bathroom." [note]http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut ... story.html[note]

Plans to expand North
Massachusetts has plans to expand commuter service past Springfield. Springfield Union Station was recently upgraded as apart of the new Hartford Springfield line. Thee was recent announcement regarding plans to have Amtrak run trains as far north as Greenfield on a pilot basis. Only two round trip services would be part of the Pilot program with a morning and earning option. The line would make stops in Holyoke and Northampton before moving onto Greenfield. Expect to see the Pilot program start in 2019.[note]http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/hc ... story.html[note]

SROS Master
Blue Whale

June 18th, 2018, 5:22 pm #42

Thats great news. Really nice to see the public train system finally being upgraded! So will the Worchester line also be extended to Springfield? That way you will have great public transit option for those in downtown Boston wanting to go to SFNE by train.

Not discussed here but from some other thread, but MBTA also has plans extending the Lowell line to Mancheseter NH. I feel its better than the line only extends to the state boarder, and then build that new exit ramp off Route 3 to get to that station and other places one would need to get to.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

June 19th, 2018, 4:21 am #43

Amtrack runs a line from Worcester to Springfield. It's a stop on the rout to New haven and them down to NYC. I took it back in 2001 to go to NYC For vacation.

I want to see the Southern NH line build. There would;t be a new exit ramp of rt 3 since the station would be off exit 1 behind Ihop, Old Navy, Burger king on land that is owned by the city and formally a Dupont Chemical plant.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

June 25th, 2018, 3:26 pm #44

I remember riding the Acela from route 128 station to NYC way back when I was in middle school. That was a great train trip, but too bad it was a bit overpriced.

Didnt know that property use to be a Dupont plant. It would make for better train transit to Boston for NH residents. But there is just one tiny problem with that. NH doesnt trust the MBTA system. Plus they dont wanna get themselves involved with the ridicolous taxes that comes with it. Maybe if MBTA really stepped up their game with their Commuter Rail system, and make it just as nice as NYCs Commuter systems. Maybe that will change their mind.

The exit ramp would still be nice to have regardless if its just for the train station or not. I hate having to stop at those traffic lights coming off exit 2 just to get to Tingsborough.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

June 26th, 2018, 9:57 pm #45

I agree I would like a better way to get to the mall or in my case get people the hell out of my way when I'm going everywhere else but the mall.

AS for the train line I would imagine this would be A push to get Amtrack to run on the line especially if the plan is to then extent to Manchester or maybe even as far as Concord. Other option if to buy 3 or 4 trains to operate your own system.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

July 17th, 2018, 8:50 pm #46

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

July 19th, 2018, 12:29 am #47

Not sure how this helps the thread. Not even the US. Heck there have been a number of people hit and killed by train in MA trespassing and walking on the tracks.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

July 23rd, 2018, 2:39 am #48

Well it is news, and it is about public transit. I only posted that so I can delete it on my watch later playlist.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

July 27th, 2018, 12:17 am #49

Now this is nice news.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

July 31st, 2018, 1:00 am #50