New England Parks & Attractions 2018 Plans

Whalom
Humpback
Whalom
Humpback

August 30th, 2017, 12:49 am #1

New Hampshire
Parks
Canobie Lake Park (Salem) -   Water Park Expansion (The new water park expansion is the largest expansion n the parks history. Tidal River will feature a lazy river, Wave pool, 3 60ft tall tube slides, A kiddie pool, rental cabanas, Changing rooms, and a new employee area) The Outrigger and Monkey Bar Two new Food locations located within the new water park areaOpened late 2017 - Ice Jet (This new Matterhorn attraction will be installed in the former home of the park legendary SDC Matterhorn) Coming Soon - Double Decker Carousel (The park has purchased a 2 story carousel with plans to install it near the Sky ride)
Santa's Village (Jefferson)- No addition announced
Story Land (Glen) - Daniel’s Grr-ific Day (The park will host a new Show Based on Daniel Tiger) Rumor Possible new flat (The park might be adding a flat to replace the Whirling whales that were removed late 2016)
Clark's Trading Post (Lincoln) -  No addition announced Unlikely after the 2016 addition of  Tuttle's Shooting Gallery (a pay to play shooting gallery form Daniel's Woodland)

Water Parks & Other Attractions
Whales Tale Water Park (Lincoln) - No addition announced unlikely after adding Surf Simulator (A Pacific Surf Designs simulated surfing attraction)  in 2017
Candia springs [formally Liquid Planet] (Candia) - Water Luge Track (A water challenge course located in the parks Spring fed pond opened late 2016)
Cowabunga's (Manchester) - New Location mid 2017 (The companies 3rd location was opened at the former Lowes near the Mall of NH and use 21,998 square feet of the building)
Fun World (Nashua) -  No addition announced Rumor new games (it's very likely the facility will add new arcade games)
Water Country Water Park (Portsmouth) Refillable Souvenir Cup (.99 refills 9.99 for 1, 8.99 for 2, or 7.99 3 or more)
No addition announced at Fun Spot (Meredith), Sky Venture/Surfs Up NH (Nashua), Fort Jefferson Fun Park [Formally Six Gun City] (Jefferson)
Massachusetts
Parks
Six Flags New England (Agawam) - Harley Quin Spinsanity (The south end will add a Zamperla Giant Discover a 154ft tall swinging Pendulum ride) Gotham City (The South End will be branded, themeing added, and Mind Eraser will be renamed Riddler Revenge) Removals Buzzsaw (One of the few remaining Riverside rides will be removed and the location will become the new home for the Tea cup ride) Mind eraser VR (lat years VR mind eraser/Galactic attack didn't make it past spring)
Edaville USA (Carver) - Pre-gate shops (The park is developing a Cap Cop theme Downtown area that will be accessible without entering the park) Coming soon or on hold Splash Pad (The park plans to installed a water play area) Pirates Adventure (The park plans to open a pirate themed dark ride) Pirate ship (A flat ride will be added to match the theme of the dark ride to create a small pirate themed area)  Kersplash (A Flume coaster hybrid. relocated form the Washington state Fair, Puyallup WA. It's built by E.F. Miller should open after getting the cars rehabbed by the manufacturer)  More Rides (Bumper Boats, Go Karts, and more are all planed and will be added soon)

Legoland Discovery Center Boston (Somerville) The Great LEGO® Race VR Experience (Debuting at the Boston is a VR sim attraction themed to logo racers.)
Jordan's Furniture (Reading) -   BeanStalk (The Shopertainment furniture store has retired it's Trapeze attraction and replaced it with a Skytrail which reaches heights of 45ft and has an optional zip line)
Apex Entertainment Center (Marlborough) - (Stated as New England largest Entertainment Center at 80,00sqft. The facility houses a two-story  laser tag arena , multi-level go cart track, arcade, A snack stand, tavern, ropes course and bumper saucers.)
Cowabunga's (Reading) - Now Operating (The companies 2nd location is up and running at 265 Main St. North Reading, MA)
Kimbal's farm (Westford, MA) -  No addition announced added 2016 Soaring Eagle Zip Line (A 100ft tall Full Circuit Zip line) Spin Zone A bumper car bumper boat hybrid, The only Spin Zone in New England)
Water Wizz (East Wareham) -  No addition announced
No addition announced atSouthwick Zoo (Mendon), New England Aquarium (Boston), Franklin Park Zoo (Boston), Stone Zoo (Stoneham), Berkshire East Ski Area (Charlemont)
Connecticut
Parks
Lake Compounce - Daniel’s Grr-ific Day (The park will host a new Show Based on Daniel Tiger) possible capital improvements Likely further Boulder Dash and Wildcat Rehabs (The parks two wood coasters will continue to get worked on by Martin & Vleminckx of Canada) Purchase The park has purchased the eight acre site on the parks southern border from Briarwood Real Estate Limited (Lincoln College in Southington, CT) for $400,000.
Quassy - Category 5 (The biggest addition to the water park to date will add 3 slides with a combined length of 1,000ft: a  TantrumTWIST and two PIPEline serpentine slides) Future plans  (A Beach Snack bar will be added with a roof top lounging area, Backstage the park will add a new maintenance shop to improve park operations)
Ocean Beach Park - No addition announced

Other Attractions
Foxwoods (Mashantucket, CT) High Flyer Zipline (A 3,750 ft long 60mph zip line form the top of the 330ft tall Fox Tower)
Maritime Aquarium (Norwalk CT)  - No addition announced
Mystic Aquarium - No addition announced
Maine
Parks
Palace Playland (Old Orchard Beach) -  Sea Viper (A new coaster standing 70ft tall and fitting into a foot print of 90 feet wide and 210 feet long. built by Preston Barbeiri) Wipe Out (a figure eight family spinning coaster by SBF rides) Removal -  Galaxy coasters The park will retire it's SDC galaxy which as operated at he park for 20 years) Purchase - (the park has acquired a 1 acres parking lot on the south end of the park and plans to use it to expand)
Funtown/Splashtown USA (Saco) - No addition announced
York's Wild Kingdom (York Beach) - No addition announced

Aquaboggon (Saco) -  No addition announced
Seashore Trolley Museum (Kennebunkport) - No addition announced
Rhode Island
Water Parks & Other attractions
Adventureland (Narragansett) - PIPEline serpentine slides added 2017 Big Air Jumps (Jump 25 ft in the air on this Turbo Bungee attraction)

Water Wizz (Westerly) -  No addition announced
Roger Williams Park Zoo (Providence) - No addition announced
Atlantic Beach Park (Westerly) -   No addition announced
Vermont
Water Parks & other attractions

Santa Land (Putney, VT) - Future Unclear (The park is now under the ownership of the Fenelli family but no word has been given to any plans of reopening the park. A local did put in a bid to lease the property but no further news has surfaced)
Jay Peak Resort/Pump house - No addition announced
Killington Mountain Resort (Killington, VT) - No addition announced
Check back soon, more updates announced as they come in

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

September 3rd, 2017, 2:22 am #2

The listing has been updated with resent updates form Canobie lake Park, Edaville, and Palace Playland.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 8th, 2018, 5:26 pm #3

Added new attraction for Apex Entertainment center and Jordan's Furniture attraction. minor update to Edaville.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

January 9th, 2018, 1:22 am #4

Wow, I cant believe how out of touch I am with Kimball Farms. Had no idea they added a bumper car attraction and a zoarin zipride. I use to go there several times way back when I was a kid. I even remembered the bumper boats and mini golf not even being there when I first went. The last time I can recall physically being there was when they added the arcades.

So Apex is a brand new indoor attraction I take it. I wonder if this will be the nail in the coffin for Funworld, unless they can expand into the former go karts and add a new family coaster.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 9th, 2018, 5:36 am #5

Kimbell's has done a lot of projects to make the flagship location bigger.

Apex is a new attraction in fact a handful of there attraction haven't even passed inspection yet but they are open. The attraction is around a hour form Funworld. It won't pose much of a threat.

Funworld still gets a good crowed. I do agree that they need to do something with the go cart track. They have done so much to make the inside look amazing but the outside looks like a post apocalyptic waist land.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

January 9th, 2018, 6:10 pm #6

Wow, I guess Apex was in such a hurry to open up. I hope they don’t get sued and close down.

One thing Funworld could really do to attract even more guests is to add more pinball machines, and basically become the new Pinball Wizard.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 10th, 2018, 7:55 pm #7

Apex is basicly on a soft opening games, snack stand, bowling, etc. The uinspected rides are simply waiting.

I responded to your Funworld comment in the Funworld thread

SROS Master
Blue Whale

January 11th, 2018, 3:30 am #8

I see. I thought those rides were already open.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 12th, 2018, 8:13 pm #9

Nope they will be open once they pass State inspection.

Whalom
Humpback
Whalom
Humpback

January 12th, 2018, 8:52 pm #10

Palace Playland has announced their second new for 2018 coaster will be called Wipe out

Chair Scott
Sei Whale

January 12th, 2018, 11:53 pm #11

Apex Entertainment's bowling (Ten Pin and Candle Pin), 60 machine arcade, Pit Stop dining, pool tables and digital sports are all open. Ropes course opened today. Go carts are still awaiting final inspection approval. I went there on New Year's day and was impressed on what they have but not thrilled about their pricing.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 15th, 2018, 9:17 pm #12

They opened as a very large attraction. That comes with a big price tag they now have to pay off. But they could still price themselves better.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

January 15th, 2018, 10:04 pm #13

Maybe the price will start dropping a bit once more people visit this place.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 16th, 2018, 6:16 am #14

Would be nice but They seem to be marketing themselves as a premium brand and in turn are charming a premium price.

Chair Scott
Sei Whale

January 17th, 2018, 9:17 am #15

I don't agree with their marketing logic. Their an unknown brand at least to me. Bowling, arcade, laser tag and food & beverage are all relatively the same combination at any other fec. The go carts are good but a standard mix.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

January 17th, 2018, 2:55 pm #16

Yeah if there gonna charge that much, they should have more to offer. A unqiue indoor family coaster would merit the price, or have a bigger and more unique collection of high tech video games and, or pinball machines.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

January 21st, 2018, 6:17 pm #17

We'll have to wait and see how this affects them in the long run. Jorden's furniture also has a sky trail so and come summer there are more options for it as well.

Newsies
Sand Shark
Newsies
Sand Shark

February 3rd, 2018, 7:10 pm #18

New additions, updated info on
the Water park expansion at Canobie Lake Park
New Daniel Tiger show at Lake Compounce and Story Land
High Flying Zip Line at Foxwoods
https://www.foxwoods.com/High-Flyer/

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

March 20th, 2018, 9:00 pm #19

A few small updates to add information from this last weekends Nor Easter event.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 2nd, 2018, 3:34 am #20

Amazing announcement from Water Country. New for 2018 Souvenir Bottles you can buy and refill for a small price.