Blue Whale

April 22nd, 2017, 2:02 am #1

Air shows
Rhode Island Air Show
Rhode Island National Guard Open House
Where: Quonset State Airport RI
Dates: Jun 9 & 10
Headliners: USN Blue Angels
Military Performers: USN F-18 Super Hornet, USAF F-16 Viper, USMC AV-8B Harriers, SOCOM Parachute Team, C-130J Super Hercules, UH-60 Blackhawk
Civilaian performers: Sean D. Tucker, Geico Skytypers, Randy Ball MiG-17, Mark Murphy P51, Shockwave Jet Truck,
New England's Own: Mike Goulian(MA)

Westfeild International Air Show
Where: Barnes Air National Guard Base, Westfield, MA
Dates: August 12 & 13
Headliners: U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds
Military Performers: C-17 Globemaster III (NY ANG 137th Airlift Squadron), Black Daggers US Army Spec Ops Parachute Team
Civilian Performers: Acemaker T-33, Alabama Boys (1946 Piper J-3 Cub), American Airpower Museum (WWII aircraft: Corsair & P-40 fighters, B-25 bomber, C-47 cargo plane), GEICO Skytypers, Jason Flood, Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome WWI Fighter dogfight demo, Quicksilver P-51 Mustang, Third Strike Wingwalking, Trojan Horsemen AT-28 Tactical Demo

Great State of Maine Air Show
Where: Brunswick Executive Airport, ME
Dates: August 26 & 27
Cost: Adults - $40 (Advance Tickets $30) | Children - $25 (Advance Tickets $20) | Children 3 and under FREE!
Headliners: US Navy Blue Angels
Military Performers: Blue Angles "Fat Albert” (U.S. Marine Corps C-130 Hercules), SOCOM Parachute Team,
Civilian Performers: Mike Wiskus,
New England's Own: Dan Marcotte (VT)

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 21st, 2017, 2:56 am #2

The RI air show is this weekend. Do to a safety grounding the Headliners, the Canadian Air Force Snowbirds, will not be Flying. I did hear from a friend that attended today that they added a few more aircraft to the combined combat arms demonstration.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 27th, 2017, 2:37 pm #3

Despite the absence of the headlining Canadian Snowbirds the RI National Guard Open House air show was an amazing event. The F-16 and F-18 demos were fantastic and I haven't seen a USN Harrier demo in over 20 years. While I have seem many of the independent stunt performers before I always enjoy watching local Rob Holland Fly. It was also the first time in a while I have seen a Russian Mig-17 fly. What a fast aircraft!

A big treat was the first time flight of a restored WWII F4U Corsair. What a beautiful machine and the sound it makes is magic. Another bonus is the unique Combined arms Demo. A stunt show of sorts showing how the aircraft work together in a battle scenario. The Demo featured a number of Helicoptos, 2 C-130 plans, and other military ground vehicles. Very well done.

I had a blast and can't to see what they have in store for next year.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 27th, 2017, 11:02 pm #4

here is some media coverage of the show I recently posted to YouTube and twitter

https://youtu.be/vFrYD0PTFQM
https://youtu.be/1AHZh3zrsk0