Ice Cream Parlors and Stands

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 28th, 2017, 10:27 pm #1

This thread is a place to Share and Review ice cream parlors and stands around New England. Feel free to share photos and any info that will help readers find the attraction and enjoy of of the best snacks of summer.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

April 29th, 2017, 2:52 pm #2

About a week ago, we ate at Haywards Ice Cream just north of the Daniel Webster part of Nashua. Great ice cream selection, and people have said its the best Ice Cream stand in Nashua. Cant say for sure since I haven’t been to many Ice Cream stands in Nashua, but they might be right.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 30th, 2017, 6:21 pm #3

Their aren't a lot of ice cream Stands in Nashua

Fresh made
  • Hayward's Ice Cream at 7 Daniel Webster Highway and
    offering Premium Homemade Ice Cream, drinks, and hot dogs.
  • Big 1 at 185 Concord Street, Nashua and 383 Elm Street, Milford
    Good Homemade Ice Cream. This stand offered a variety of Ice Cream flavors and one of the better brownie sundaes I have had.
Chain Options
  • Brusters at 651 Amherst Street
    located across form market basket and sharing a building with Arby's. The ice cream is good but not amazing. They offer hard serve as well a mix in option similar to a blizzard
  • SubZero Ice Cream and Frozen Yogurt at 495 Amherst street
    ice Cream made fresh to order using liquid Nitrogen.
  • Cold Stone Creamery at 2 Cellu Dr
    Premium ice cream with your choice of Mix ins that are adding by hand on a cold stone table.
There are a couple options that are open only from Monday to Friday no weekends.
  • Hershey's Ice cream shop serving Hershey's ice cream
    Personally I fin Hershey's Ice cream horrible and with limited hours I can't start to judge this place.
  • Jake's Old Fashioned Ice Cream at 57 Palm Street
    Homemade ice cream that they sell on site as well as a few farm stands in Pints. Really good ice cream but very pricey. The company also operates a bakery.
There is also a Friendly's in Nashua located at 149 Daniel Webster Highway.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

June 13th, 2017, 2:58 am #4

Recently I made my first trip of the season to Doc Davis Ice Cream in Pepperell, MA. I have a smaller stand in my town but I always find myself driving out to the original Ice Cream stand in MA. Their Ice Cream is great and the selection is one of the best around. They offer a wide verity of traditional Ice Cream, a few sugar free options, Sherbet, and Soft-serve with the flavor bust options. If it's a special occasion I will sometimes get an old time favorites like a banana splits or a Milk shakes.

A bonus for us on our last trip is that the local Sky Diving school had a flight at that time so we got to see the sky divers.

If your in Brookline NH you can find their stand right off rt 13 across form the Sunoco station or venture out and check out the original location. The brookline Location doesn't offer Flavor bust but still offers soft serve.

KateWhip
Great White Shark
KateWhip
Great White Shark

July 10th, 2017, 9:18 pm #5

The WMUR list of the best Ice Cream in NH is out. I know the family that owns the number 2 winner, good for them.
http://www.wmur.com/article/viewers-cho ... m/10268627

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

July 18th, 2017, 9:57 pm #6

This last weekend I Visited Haywood's Ice Cream in Milford NH. They also have a location in Nashua. The stand was busy I had forgotten it was National Ice Cream day not that they were doing anything special. I think this location is a bit more welcoming them the Nashua Location but the guests are not as considerate. I got in what I thought was a line but 2 groups hat came in behind me rushed an open window. Took me almost as long to get Ice Cream as it took me to eat it.

They only had 3 sized listed Small, Medium and Large. I hear after i ordered they offer a single scoop kiddie option which I would have gone for since this was an extra after having dinner at a nearby restaurant. 2 smalls cot me 9.48 which is the most I have spent for ice creme outside of a park. The portion is generous and they pushed cups over cones not even asking my preference. I think the Ice Cream was good but really sugary. I have had better Ice cream but it was still better then a lot I have had.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

July 31st, 2017, 4:36 pm #7

Ponemah green family fun center
at
Amherst Country Club

On a whim A friend and I opted to get ice cream at the Ponamah Green Fun Center in Amherst, NH. This is a bit of a hidden gem for ice cream because they don't market it on there site and they do not come up on searches for Ice Cream on Google Maps. There marketing consists of a simple sign by the road promoting the item. we ate in the car mostly do to time but also because the seating area is sand and doesn't work with my friend being in a wheel chair. There did appear to be other seating but I didn't take time to explore that. The facility also has a driving range, 9 hoe golf course, and a mini Golf Course.

The Ice Cream
They have a simple selection Staples like Vanilla, Coffee, Chocolate, and Strawberry. Bu they have a few options like Cookie dough and mint Chocolate Chip. We opted for the Mint Chocolate chip and got a small which said it was a single scoop which was a size up form a kiddie. Since the Kiddie was $3.00 and the Small only .50 cents more I opted to go with the larger size. There was also a 2 scoop option and 3 scoop option for $4.00 and $4.50. So prices were good. We split Mint Choclolate Chip ice Cream which was very heavy with chocolate chips. I regulatory got 304 chips every time I took a bit. We got 2 good size scoops in our 1 scoop(I guess flavor) which gave us plenty to split. the Ice Cream itself had good flavor and though not very creamy it was also not overly salty. It was a nice treat.

Web site - https://www.playamherst.com/

KateWhip
Great White Shark
KateWhip
Great White Shark

April 5th, 2018, 6:23 pm #8

There is a new place that just opened in the Mall of NH. Cookie something. It has Ice Cream as one of its options.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 9th, 2018, 4:58 pm #9

On top of that Stewert's All American offers Ice Cream so that's 3 places to get Ice Cream in one mall. not even counting the sit down restaurants that offer desert.

KateWhip
Great White Shark
KateWhip
Great White Shark

April 13th, 2018, 1:26 pm #10

I stopped by Hayword's Ice Cream in Milford, NH yesterday. It was a quick stop and extra that day. I ended up splitting a small Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bowl with my friend Michael. it was $5.29 with tax for the small which had around a cup and a half of ice cream. I would like to point out that it was chuck full of cookie dough pieces, there was almost more cookie dough then ice cream.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

April 20th, 2018, 8:37 pm #11

I agree completely. I've never seen that much cookie dough In ice cream before.

KateWhip
Great White Shark
KateWhip
Great White Shark

May 5th, 2018, 2:56 am #12

A friend told me about this place called Kellerhaus in Laconia, NH. I've never been but they make their own Ice Cream and carry around a dozen options at a time. best of all they have something hard to find a toppings bar. You get to make your own sundae.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 5th, 2018, 4:01 am #13

That does sound nice. Never heard of it either. Funny thing though, while we were heading back home from Cactus Jacks, we stopped at a Dairy Queen to find out it was closed. Then as we driven through downtown Laconia, I noticed an ice cream shop still open. You would think a big chain by Dairy Queen would stay open later.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 5th, 2018, 4:27 am #14

The Chill and Grills are year round but the Shacks are normally seasonal like the one in Glen and the one that used to be in Nashua.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 9th, 2018, 10:49 pm #15

I can't prove it yet but I think an Ice Cream stand it going up at the end of my street. The building has been getting work for a while and recently they added new windows the windows open sideways with one on each side and 3 windows in total. the buildings door has also been moved to the side of the building. Another change is an extension with a garage door in the back side.

Now I'm not sure if this will be anew offering or maybe a relocation. There is doc Davis location down the street but it's only a small shed at a gas station.