Moderator: SilverLugia456

Dinning Out

SROS Master
Blue Whale

3:25 AM - Jan 15, 2017 #1

This is where you can discuss eating out at a Restaurant.

Earlier tonight, I ate at a place called L andana in Burlington MA. It is more expensive than a Cheesecake Factory, but not quite as expensive as a true 5 star restaurant. They have some really good food for the price you pay. Love the smell when your in the restaurant.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

4:45 AM - Jan 15, 2017 #2

I made a slight edit to make this a restaurant only thread. We can discuss fast food chains separately.

Sounds like a nice place. Where exactly in Burlington is it?

SROS Master
Blue Whale

2:03 AM - Jan 16, 2017 #3

Its a bit ways east from Burlington Mall, and a bit north from I 95.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

4:43 AM - Jan 16, 2017 #4

Sounds easy to get to. I'm still saddened that the Burlington Mall dumped Rain Forest cafe.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

7:09 PM - Jan 16, 2017 #5

Yeah me too. Really was unique for the New England area. I am also saddened with the absence of the fountains that mall use to have. Its like walking in a graveyard.

At least they still have Cheesecake Factory, which I think is one of the only things that’s keeping the mall going.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

4:36 AM - Jan 17, 2017 #6

I walked the cheesecake factory a few years back. After looking at the prices I moved on.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

10:49 PM - Jan 24, 2017 #7

Has anyone ate at Parkers Maple Barn in Brookline NH? From the reviews on Tripadvisor, it sounds like a pretty good place.

I have driven past it numerous times, but keep forgetting to look up the reviews until now.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

6:35 AM - Jan 25, 2017 #8

I have years ago. Been a very long time. It's not far from me. Great food.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

1:24 AM - Jan 31, 2017 #9

I heard on the radio today, about a commercial advertising a Rainforest Cafe in Manchester. Is it really the Rainforest Cafe that Burlington Mall once had, or just a random cafe using the same name.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

3:55 AM - Jan 31, 2017 #10

Not sure this is the first I'm hearing about it. We'll have to do some more digging.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

7:14 PM - Feb 07, 2017 #11

There are a few restaurants under construction in Southern NH.

Copper Door Salem, NH
This upper scale dining restaurant is owned by The Great New Hampshire Restaurant Company that also operates T bones and Cactus Jacks. This is the second Copper Door location with the first in Bedford, NH. This 8,300 sqft restaurant will be built at 41 S. Broadway, the site was formerly a Weathervane.

Tuscan Kitchen and market Portsmouth, NH
Tuscan Brands LLC has planes to level the long defunct Jerry Lewis movie theater at 581 Lafayette Road to make room for their latest project. Planes were submitted to built there upscale Italian restaurant concept featuring a 9,088 sqft restaurant, 6,518 sqft market and 2,538 sqft of outdoor seating space. The company currently has location in Salem, NH and Burlington, MA.

Friendly's Merrimack, NH
Best known for their Ice Cream this casual dinning chain will be opening a new location on the former site of McDonald's at 710 Milford Road Merrimack, NH. across form Continental Boulevard. An opening day of February 20th 2017 has been set.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

1:51 AM - Feb 08, 2017 #12

This is interesting news.

I never ate at a Copper Door before, but having eaten at a T bones, I think the food will be on par with restaurants like Olive Garden.

Good to hear another Tuscan Kitchen restaurant is being added. It is one of the better chain restaurant out there. The food is easily on par with Cheesecake Factory.

I am surprised to hear another Friendly's restaurant is being added. Last I heard their food is going down the drain.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

3:28 AM - Feb 08, 2017 #13

If you've been to a Tuscan kitchen you can expect similar dining experience at a the copper Door. It's a bit higher end Casual dining with most items between 12-30 dollars. A focus on the bar scene.

I was also surprised when I saw the sign saying the former McDonald's was turning into a Friendly's. The food is a bit hit and miss. some items are very good while others leave a lot to be desired. My parents reticently visited the DW Highway location in Nashua and had a horribly long wait. It seems the drive through takes priority over the dining room. I don't know if this new location will have a drive through or not.

KateWhip
Beluga

12:38 AM - Mar 01, 2017 #14

To day I and a friend had lunch at Blake'so Restaurant in Manchester, NH. They have 2 locations and we tend at the South Main Street location. The building and decor are bit datedifferent BUT they have some really good food. The menu features all day breakfast and dinerror style food. Theye also feature a large ice cream menus featuring their own ice cream. If you're wondering if the ice cream is fresh the creamery is located behind the restraunt. I opted for the chicken ranch wrap which I substituted rolled for fried chicken. My friend got a steak tip sub which he paid to substitute Onion Rings. We also split a single scoop of Chocolate Chip cookie dough. The food was good and 2 meals and desert cost around $30 bucks.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

11:39 PM - Mar 01, 2017 #15

Blake's is a nice place. Ice cream is very good there.

I had lunch today at the Great Budget in Nashua NH today. I dined with my grandmother and had a My few and my grandmother opted for tea. 2 lunches and a soda ran us a bit over 18 bucks which a wasn't horrible. I tried the hot and sour soup which was nothing special. The good over all was ok but not great. It was warm enough but most of the items were overly breaded and lacking flavor. Service was good enough they got my refill in a timely manner. But what gets me more is the building itself it's a bit dingy and run down. The bathrooms were more like that of a truck stop dirt graffiti stalls and all. Of you need a quick bit and wand to gorge on good it might be an option but there are better options in the area.

We really need a solid buffet in this are.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

12:46 AM - Mar 04, 2017 #16

About a year ago, I ate at two restaurants in Manchester. Both were rated top 5 on Tripadvisor.

Cotton: Good food, but on the pricey side. I liked the 1920's/30's theme though.

Republic Cafe: For the price you pay, the food was surprisingly good. First time I ever had middle eastern food, which I thought was somewhat similar to Indian food.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

7:31 AM - Mar 04, 2017 #17

Interesting. I often avoid places that are overly expensive. I don't always find their inflated prices worth the extra costs. but for a special event it can be fun to go someplace a bit higher scale.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

9:31 PM - Apr 03, 2017 #18

If you go to a Cheesecake Factory on a Sunday Morning-early afternoon, you must try out their Sunday Brunch menu. The fried chicken waffle one is truly to die for, and literally worth every single penny.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

2:27 AM - Apr 04, 2017 #19

Sounds tempting. though I would be concerned the sodium would put me in a coma.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

3:52 AM - Apr 13, 2017 #20

Yesterday morning I ate at the Airport Dinner in Manchester, NH. It's located on Brown ave and is part of the Holiday Inn hotel. The Restaurant is also part of the Common Man family of eateries. This is the second time I have eaten here. The motif is a 50's style dinner with aviation accents. 50's and 60's music plays.

The staff is friendly and attentive though the themed booths are not very accommodating for someone in a wheelchair. You can get access from the hotel as well as the front though if you enter form the hotel it looks a bit like walking into a kitchen.

Food is pretty good and prices are average. Meals come with homemade chips and fries are a hefty up-charge. I personally find that move a bit disappointing. Also while they serve breakfast all day they have a limited menu before 11 am. So if you go for brunch you can't get any fried options. My friend went for the bacon Cheeseburger which was a good sized burger. I opted for the pulled pork sandwich which was tasty but somewhat plain.

Worth checking out but be prepared to pay a bit more then average dinner prices