Moderator: SilverLugia456

Canoibe opening day notes

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 7th, 2018, 1:55 am #1

Some Quick notes.
Crowds were good but light which surprised me this is the first year I have ever heard adds for opening weekend. but they are horrible about promoting on social media. Rides were running full to mostly full and there were always people lining up before the ride ended.

The water park is looking great. the main structure are in place as well as the 3 slides. It's mostly ground work and the kids plash pad left. Still hoping to have ti up and running mid Jun. They are sing the land right up to corkscrew.

Only rides down were Dragon and Timber Splash. Dragon is again having issues but will get a new control panel. Timber Splash should be open next weekend.

The shorter train like got a bit of track relocation along the run and new landscaping work. It will operate full circuit for now but may run with both stops when it gets busy

Season plans.
The water park will operate 10:30 to 6:30. Timber Splash will also close at 8:00

New ride this year or next will be a Double Decker Kiddie Carousel. This will be the parks 4th carousel.

Extreme sports show will be back. Aerosmith will perform in the dance hall, Bruno will headline the midway stage while Hagerman's Magic show will be on the village stage. The park will bring the country fall fest back with the combined tribute to Garth brooks, Tim McGraw, and Taylor Swift.

Photos can be fund on twitter - https://twitter.com/hashtag/Canobieupdate

SROS Master
Blue Whale

May 7th, 2018, 2:16 am #2

Nice pictures. Like the inside of the new train station.

So Canobie has a third carousel? The only two I am aware of are the Grand Carousel, and Kiddie Carousel.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

May 7th, 2018, 3:12 am #3

In all technicality Autobohn is a carousel.

Given the description and size I believe the new carousel is a Bertazzon 10.5/2P model. This would make it more family then kiddie.

KateWhip
Great White Shark
KateWhip
Great White Shark

June 16th, 2018, 6:04 pm #4

Sounds likea fun trip. I'm thrilled to see that the Country festival is coming back. I saw it last year and it was great.