Moderators: SilverLugia456, SROS Master, skittles1978

Canobie Lake Park Introduces Preferred parking option

Newsies
Sand Shark
Newsies
Sand Shark

August 27th, 2018, 5:17 am #1

Canobie Lake park has instated a Preferred Parking option for park guests.  The parking option is only available when purchased in advance on-line. Rates vary by the day of the week with weekdays costing $15 and Weekends costing $25. Spots are available for cars only and can not be used by over sized vehicles.

According my source the preferred lot is located to the right of the entrance between the park fence and cannonball. This area was traditionally used for either Employee parking or free guest parking depending on expected crowds.

The park will continue to offer free parking throughout the rest of the main lot and the overflow Kelly's Field grass lot.

Whalom
Humpback
Whalom
Humpback

August 27th, 2018, 6:14 pm #2

Wow, just Wow! So now Santa's Village, Storyland, Edaville and Funtown are the only parks with all free parking

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

August 28th, 2018, 4:22 am #3

I know they are a business and a business has to make money but this is the type of money hungry move I expect from a  corporate park. $15 is also on the high end or parking charges. If Canobie were to ever enact a  parking fee it would seriously diminish its overall value.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

August 29th, 2018, 4:20 am #4

.................I dont know how to respond to this.........................

At least this explains that sign and coneheads at the front right part of the parking lot(and also confirms my suspicion that Canobie is becoming more Sixflagish these days).

Also wouldn't $5 weekdays and 10$ weekends make more sense?  $25 sounds like Six Flags/Cedar Fair level prices.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

August 29th, 2018, 12:45 pm #5

I agree, but Canobie has always used a Seaworld style of pricing keep prices high to control use.  I agree that price is more on par with Six Flags and Cedar Fair

I was going to compare this to water country but it seems that charge for parking not just in the preferred lot

Preferred parking is available for $25 per day. It is located in the paved lot near the main entrance and available on a first come, first served basis. All other parking is $5 per day. Guests can purchase a General Parking Season Pass valid for the whole summer for just $25; it does not include parking in the Preferred Lot.
So that might be why canobie is pushing $25 its the same as the only other big attraction in the state.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

August 29th, 2018, 2:40 pm #6

So, it looks like Canobie is abandoning free parking........   Wow..........   This is just sad..........   I guess this really shows that Canobie is starting to get in even bigger financial trouble than ever.  I will still go to Screeemfest, considering some Halloween events also charge you for parking. But I am not sure if I am that excited to go to Canobie during the regular season anymore..........

Free Parking was one huge bonus for the parks value, and why many locals loved going there. But this will probably make Canobie more hated now.  What makes maters worse, is that there are STILL some old and outdated rides that Canobie is in serious denial about them still being a park hit when its not.  Oh what has this park become.  I guess I really did make the right call to not work here again after this season is over.

P.S. What is the only other major attraction in the state?  StoryLand?

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

August 29th, 2018, 3:31 pm #7

The only other major attraction was water country that is were that quote comes from.

Canobie still offers free parking through the rest of the lot. at least for now. I tried to make that clear but as it is set up when you quote you can't add a caption. So Water Country (The only other major attraction) charges $5 for standard parking and $25 in the paved lot in front of the park. Canobie Has free parking and now has up-charge preferred parking.

SROS Master
Blue Whale

August 29th, 2018, 3:57 pm #8

Ok, that clears things up a bit. Didn't know why you never bothered mentioning that the quote was from Water Country. Unless you just edited to include that sentence, or I didn't read carefully enough.

I don't remember Water Country charging you for parking when I went there as a kid.

mrceagle
Blue Whale
mrceagle
Blue Whale

August 29th, 2018, 7:40 pm #9

You didn't read carefully enough it was always there.

To make the sentence longer I wanted to compare Water Country because  I thought they only charged for the preferred parking lot. but when I went to check the price to be more informative I found out there charge for parking and extra for the preferred lot.