Yaj
Heretic
Yaj
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 10:03 am #1

-- To - Inquisitor Hrenda, Ordo Malleus
-- Subject - *deleted*
-- Received - Astropathic relay station 35 Gamma 4
-- Thought for the Day - The daemon fears the purity of our hate.
-- Begin Transmission ---

My lord,

It was as you feared the *deleted* gate on Vahlos has begun to open. Pertaining your standing orders I have instructed my own astropath to broadcast calls for aid. By the Emperors grace we shall seal up this infernal *deleted* abomination! Given the nature of the threat posed and that it has already *deleted* 90% of Vahlosians. I have requested aid only from the Adeptus Astartes several chapters are known to be within the area.

By the...what? How did it...has the message been sent? My lord our perimeter has been breached! Enemy unknown I pray our efforts are not in vain and....

Transmission Terminated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have 24hrs (Terran standard) to seal or open the 'Wraith-Gate' of Vahlos.
You have had the fortune of landing a mere hundred metres from the gate.
To deactivate the gate all you have to is remove the 'Wraith-Crystal'
How difficult could it possibly be?

Will you seal or open the gate.

The Lions of Medusa shall answer the call for aid!

Captain Karl Jürgen, Combat-Logic Squad of 10
Tybros of the Red, Nexus-Kill Squad of five

So who else will answer the call for aid?

-oc- I would like at least two people to join in.

The rules.

1. You can have a max of four 'main' characters
2. Main characters are considered immortal
3. Each main character can lead an unlimited number of lesser characters
4. Lesser characters can be killed off at any time and by anyone.
5. It is presumed that such lesser characters can be replaced via an orbiting ship, web way portal etc.
6. All posts must where ever possible end in a 'cliff-hanger' style.

For example.

Tybros hacked his gore stained mace in vicious downward arc aiming for the head of the xenos leader...

The xenos player would then post how his/her character would avoid there skull being crumpled.

I will be throwing in strange events as the RP progresses.

'A stand can be made against invasion by an army; no stand can be made against invasion by an idea'

- Victor Hugo 'Histoire d'un Crime'

'When faith is lost, only hate remains' Unknown, Circa M36

Index Astartes: Lions of Medusa (work in progress)

Yaj

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 10th, 2012, 10:18 am #2

Sergeant Tyvas Andoril and his squad (10 total) of Kasrkin descend from their Valkyrie, leaping out to provide support for the Lions of Medusa. They head for the nearest piece of cover where they can set up a base of fire.

Yaj
Heretic
Yaj
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 10:22 am #3

By the Gorgons will the drop-pod had landed pretty much next to the portal. Captain Jurgen had already ordered Sergeant Ulor and a five man strong combat-logic squad to advance and seal the gate. By his calculations Ulor and his men were behind schedule by a factor of several hours. Every vox to vox transmission had told him Ulor was only a couple of metres from the gate.

Something moved in the corner of his eye. He turned to regard it expecting to see Ulor but all he could see where strange shapes moving into defensive positions. To his eyes they appeared human but the multi-coloured fog was distorting them and by all recieved reports the only humans in the area were the corrupted locals. Then again they had taken up a text book formation to cover an advance.

He ran the numbers through his head and came to the conclusion that they could only be hostiles.

*Possible enemy contact* he transmitted via the mind-link drone lazily floating above his head.
* Tactical formation - Sigma 12* at this instruction the five marines brought up there bolters and waited for further instructions.

Preciesely 0.2 seconds later Jurgen ordered them to open fire...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit - wasn't expecting a responce so soon!
'A stand can be made against invasion by an army; no stand can be made against invasion by an idea'

Yaj

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 10th, 2012, 10:31 am #4

oc - my guys were on your side, shall I change them to dirty cultists?

Yaj
Heretic
Yaj
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 10:39 am #5

-oc- I wasn't expecting anyone to post so soon and my orginal plan has gone out the window! You can by all means change to being a cultist.

Your going to be shot at anyway! the portal has certain effects on the enviroment at the moment it's creating a strange multi-coloured fog that distorts what you see.

I'll edit the last post to make that a bit clearer.

Yaj

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 10th, 2012, 10:45 am #6

oc - okay ignore my first post completely, this is my re-intro and reaction to your guys firing.

Heathen Brogiss and his unit of 15 cultists swarm to their defensive positions, bringing scavenged las guns to bear. Two fools ran behind cover and were immediately pulped into bits of meat by Astartes bolter fire. Enraged, Brogiss and his remaining cultists return fire onto the Lions of Medusa! The whine-crack of las guns fill the air as the angry red bolts fly towards the Astartes...

Yaj
Heretic
Yaj
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 10:57 am #7

a laser bolt brushed past Jurgens right ear stinging it but otherwise causing no immediate harm. The wild nature of the shots meant his calulation were accruate.

*enemy contact - confirmed* he transmitted to his squad of which only one had fallen a lucky hit penetrating a helmet lense and killing him immediatly.

*Tactical - advance* with the order recieved the brothers of the combat-logic squad began to move towards the enemy bolters firing. Jurgen hung back lest the enemy had something unexpected...

Yaj

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 10th, 2012, 11:03 am #8

"They're advancingggg!" shouted one of the cultists in ecstatic glee.

"Do not attack them!" roared Brogiss as he watched the advancing Astartes. "Fall back to altar! We lead them into the trap!"

The cultists murmured their affirmatives, however, the one pumped cultist sprang up from his cover, wielding an wicked, curved knife. He leaped onto one of the advancing Space Marines, ramming the knife into the plate armor, trying to find a weak point....

Yaj
Heretic
Yaj
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 11:26 am #9

-oc- this will be my last post for a couple of hour at least.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The marine looked down upon the pathetic thing trying to stab him. A second later and he had his oversized hand wrapped around the cultists neck. Just as he was about to end the struggling creatures life...

*Tactical - cease advance*
*Brother Thra - Capture* for the briefest of moments the suppresed personality of brother thra almost caused him to disobey Jurgen. Then the logic-node reinserted its control Thra about faced and carried his prisoner back to his captain.

*Tybros - awake* in all mathmatical likelyhood the cultists were attempting to lead them away from the portal.

Well, thought Jurgen let us reward there tactical brilliance with violent bloody death. Behind him the doors of a second drop pod opened with a hiss of escaping pressure. The sound that came from within would have terrified Jurgen had he been human still and then an armoured form of murder in dark silver armour stained with the blood of thousands of victims. Leapt from the pod and ran after the retreating cultists. In Tybros right hand a scarred mace of medival design easily twice the size of a cultists arm and the other hand a three pronged claw crackling with lethal energies. Jurgen had to suppress an involuntary shudder as Tybros banshee like wail of doom filled the air.

The cultists were as good as dead...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-oc- I hope that trap you set is good enough!

Yaj

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 11th, 2012, 12:59 am #10

oc - I had to pass out Yaj, it was 4:30 am

"Idiot!" spat Brogiss at the foolish attempt to slay one of the False Emperor's finest. They had reached the ruins of a manufactorum where the dark altar had been erected. There was a crack of thunder as another Astartes drop pod crashed to the ground, and something terrifying howling soon followed suit.

The runes of the altar were now lit with the baleful energies of the warp as Black legion Sorcerer, Valodai, completed his incantations. The four Black Legionary Marines watched in silent reverie.

"M'Lord," Brogiss began, "We have them on our heels, is it time yet?" He was nearly pleading.

The Sorcerer, amused, smiled under his helm of flesh, "The creatures of the Warp will be ready in due time, Brogiss. Perhaps you want to make the mistake of rushing the servants of our Dark masters?" Valodai turned ad caressed the Brogiss with his gaze of 12 eyes, "Do you think they will grant you your gifts then, hmm?"

The Sorcerer's voice ran like cold water through Brogiss' ears and the Heathen stepped back, bowing his head. "I meant no offence to the Powers, Lord." He was surprised he managed to keep the tremble from his voice.

"I require another task of you and your band of followers."

"Anything m'Lord! Please anything for the Dark Powers!"

"Stall my loyal brothers. We have some weapons you'll find quite extravagant."

The cultists receive their new weapons, an ancient plasma gun dating back to the Great Crusade...whatever that was supposed to mean. And a autocannon. The cultists set up with their new destructive weapons and lie in the ruins surrounding the altar, awaiting the Lions of Medusa...

oc - When I lose another 2 cultists Valodai and his retinue will become active, I'll be at 15 and have my second character, IF this is alright with you. Im not trying to do any OP crap, just keeping some pain in the ass forces for your Loyalists