Moderator: Noctus Cornix

Black Crusade OOC

Noctus Cornix
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 6:40 am #1

Good evening to all my brothers of the dark legions and those of the fallen chapters. Recently, I've been speaking to my friend Heathens and we talked about how fun it would be to play some Black Crusade, and what better place to do it than right here on the New Badab forums?

so, this is nothing concrete just yet, just a little thread to see if anyone else would be interested in playing. I'll be GMing this group and heathens already fills the role of the first member. I'd be willing to take maybe 5 more players and, if this seems to gather more interest, i may make a second group .

so here's some quick ground rules

I. You must have a copy of the Black Crusade rule book and you must be at least familiar with the rules. I don't care if it's a physical or a digital copy, just as long as you have one. If you don't have a copy, you can't play. Sorry, that's just how it has to be.

II. Basic jist of how rolling will work is I will be doing all of the rolling for you guys. Its not that I don't trust you but, it will just make thing simpler and will help things run along smoothly. A house rule I always make is that I reward people for roleplaying to their character. So if you play your character particularly well and stay true to that character, I will give you bonus Xp. I will also be determining if I want to add any bonuses to your rolls based on how detailed your actions are in your post. Like I said, the more you get into it, the more I will reward you.

III. I will not be holding any restrictions on what classes you can take. I love human characters in Black Crusade and I always love seeing them in the games. So if you want to play a chaos space marine or a human, that's you're choice buddy. However, if the group comes to a consensus that that all wish to be from a particular legion, chapter, army, or what have you, then I can make that restriction and fine tune to game play to be more attuned to that army. (Example: a while back, I GMed a group who played as a squad of Black Legionaries in a weakened and fractured warband who, in time, assassinated their sorcerer lord, claiming the war and for themselves and led their brothers out of the ashes to glory standing at the throne of power in the Screaming Vortex)

IV. This is more of a warning than anything. I make sure that all of my games are very challenging. I don't make it to the point that you can't win but, I like to add that little sense of helplessness and feeling like you're part of something bigger. I think it really helps add to the theme of Black Crusade. The imperium is this massive war machine of trillions of soldiers to grind away and thousands of space Marines across the galaxy. You are but heretics merely trying to survive. It is from this strife and turmoil that you may very well rise from the ashes and lead a black crusade into real space. When that time comes I believe the feeling of accomplishment will be worth all the ass whoopings.

For Character Creation Guidelines and skeletons, please refer to page 6 of this thread.

"Home?... Heh... We can't go home... There's a line men like us have to cross... If we're lucky... We do what's necessary then we die... No... No all I really want, Captain.... Is peace...."

Eetion
Chosen

July 10th, 2012, 9:48 am #2

Let me see if I can scrape a book together. To join in.

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 10th, 2012, 9:55 am #3

I'll jump in on this. A group is starting down at our shop, but work does not permit me to be able to show up, being on the forum will be much more convenient! Do you have a start date in mind?

Noctus Cornix
Heretic

July 10th, 2012, 3:37 pm #4

We'll start as soon as we have enough people and they all have their characters ready.

"Home?... Heh... We can't go home... There's a line men like us have to cross... If we're lucky... We do what's necessary then we die... No... No all I really want, Captain.... Is peace...."

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 11th, 2012, 12:04 am #5

Do you want us to PM our characters to you? Or post up all the stats in here?

Noctus Cornix
Heretic

July 11th, 2012, 12:13 am #6

That will all be taken care of when we have enough people. Then I can relate to you how to make your characters and what changes will need to be made. (house rules and the like)

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 12th, 2012, 3:40 am #7

Alright, sounds good. I'm ready to go when this gets started.

Tanith Ghost
Heretic

July 12th, 2012, 4:50 am #8

I am interested. Loved the other one we got started but some stuff happened to put that on hold. Few questions though, how expensive is the book and is it at all like Dark Heresy?

Terrorblind
Renegade

July 12th, 2012, 4:54 am #9

It is the same system and the same "World" of Dark Heresy, set in a warp storm eye of terror-ish sort of place by the Calixus Sector. i bought the book the other day and it was about $60 (american).

Eetion
Chosen

July 12th, 2012, 8:10 am #10

I would also put forward a motion that we go humans rather than astartes as it would be interesting. However Astartes would be simpler, iv still not got book so I presume its Astartes orientated characters in that.