Taking Over A Forum

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Taking Over A Forum

January 3rd, 2012, 3:55 pm #1

This forum

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47103/

Used to be a very busy resource for stone roses fans but has been left to rot.

Can you tell me if there is still an owner/admin of this, and if there is how I can go about transferring it to my account.
Or give me there contact details

I would like to renovate it and restore it to its former glory .

Thanks

Oli

January 4th, 2012, 4:16 am #2

1. The current forum owner really has abandoned it (this is determined strictly by account login, not by whether or not they post on their forum). If that is the case, you can assume ownership through a process you just started. Nick or one of the other inside guys are the only ones who can deal with this.
2. Start your own forum and invite users from that forum to "come on over". This may get you in trouble with the current forum owner, if he or she is just sitting back, watching instead of being a hands-on owner.

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

January 4th, 2012, 11:01 pm #3

Ok well I have posted a message about it in the actual forum, posted here, and emailed the network54 support email.
Any idea on timescales?

Thanks

Oli

January 5th, 2012, 9:50 pm #4

1. The current forum owner really has abandoned it (this is determined strictly by account login, not by whether or not they post on their forum). If that is the case, you can assume ownership through a process you just started. Nick or one of the other inside guys are the only ones who can deal with this.
2. Start your own forum and invite users from that forum to "come on over". This may get you in trouble with the current forum owner, if he or she is just sitting back, watching instead of being a hands-on owner.

Ripper

Hey thanks for the reply, is there any timescale to this please?

Oli

www.undecided.rules.it

January 6th, 2012, 3:25 am #5

I don't have a clue. They work on a weird schedule around here. Sometimes, they do things instantly, sometimes it takes awhile to get the same exact thing done.

Ripper

January 6th, 2012, 7:23 pm #6

Ok thanks fella.

Will I get a reply on here, or will they email me?

January 6th, 2012, 9:32 pm #7

Your guess is as good as mine. Just know that eventually, you will get an answer.

Ripper

January 8th, 2012, 6:53 pm #8

Also if i do take ownership of the forum, can I have pay to have all Ad's removed. Not for when I view it, but for when anyone views it?

If so how much does it cost?

January 9th, 2012, 10:54 pm #9

You can do that, but if you are currently a paid member, your forums will not have ads anyway. You' don't have to pay more for adding a forum.

Ripper

Confirmation of reply: