STILL Can't Embed YOU TUBE!!

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

STILL Can't Embed YOU TUBE!!

August 31st, 2010, 1:44 am #1

Hi guys,

We STILL can't embed YOU TUBE!! We used to .... what happened?
And what about VIMEO??

Any chance this problem will be solved soon??
Could you PLEASE give us an update ... !!
We just want to know what is going on.

Here's Steve's response from Feb. 2010 - 6 months ago!!
Thanks so much,

Tatia
http://www.network54.com/Forum/172251/

~ ~

August 31st, 2010, 5:03 am #2

YouTube videos should work, you just don't use the entire code set the way it iis. Sorry, I don't recall what you remove, but there's a small code snippet that gets removed, and that makes the code work. Try searching here about embedding video, there's an explanation somewhere in here.

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

August 31st, 2010, 5:12 am #3

Hi guys,

And what about VIMEO??

Thanks so much,

Tatia

~ ~
<p>Might help:</p>

Ripper

September 1st, 2010, 9:15 am #4

Hi Ripper,

Thanks so much for the links ... but unfortunately they DO NOT WORK!

For example:
Here is the URL for the "In Memoriam" section from the 62nd Emmys on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8HVdPnuMKQ

Here is their EMBED CODE.

( I SUBSTITUTED a "?" WHEREVER a "left bracket" APPEARED TO MAKE THE CODES BELOW VISIBLE HERE ... )

?object width="853" height="505">?param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true">?/param>?param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">?/param>?/embed>?/object>

According to the sites you listed, I should remove these sections and only leave the blue part ...

?object width="853" height="505">?param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true">?/param>?param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">?/param> ?embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505">?/embed>?/object>

which leaves

?embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505">?/embed>

And when I tried to post this - nothing appeared!!!
(And with the "left brackets" in place in all the codes above, none of them appeared here - only blank spaces.)

I had always been able to embed YouTube videos before (for years) ... probably one of the last times I was able to do so was Feb. 2010 and I always just used the regular EMBED CODE from YouTube then.

ANY other suggestions on what to try now ... ????

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tatia

September 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm #5

they changed things again, after those tips were posted. I do know there have been quite a few problems with hackers and people using video codes to cause site problems. I guess they haven't figured out how to stop that without disabling video posting. I cannot say for sure, however, since I just don't know.

Ripper

September 2nd, 2010, 4:52 am #6

Thanks for trying Ripper, it is appreciated ...

Maybe Steve or Chris can check in here - if they know anything more.
I am sure this embedding issue is a problem for others, too.

Tatia

September 2nd, 2010, 8:41 pm #7

Hi guys,

And what about VIMEO??

Thanks so much,

Tatia

~ ~
Hi Tatia,

For some reason you chose the oldest post to try, choose the newer instead.

This is it: http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/me ... e_solution (February 27 2010)

Days before that post, the N54 team had to change again the way of embedding video for just the opposite of what it used to be.

So, from that day on you should get rid of the highlighted text keeping all the rest as is. Or you can do as shown in the newest post.

This is your embedded video link:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<table width="100%"><tr><td><center><table width="180" bgcolor="#5f5f5f"><tr><td bgcolor="#00ddff"></td></tr></table><table width="220" bgcolor="#3f3f3f"><tr><td bgcolor="#ff5500"><center><font face="georgia" color="#FFFF00" size="3"> == Messias-BH. == </font><b></b>
</td></tr></table><table width="180" bgcolor="#5f5f5f"><tr><td bgcolor="#00ddff"></td></tr></table></center></td></tr></table></center>

September 2nd, 2010, 9:44 pm #8

I gave up the search after finding those few

Ripper

September 3rd, 2010, 12:45 am #9

Hi Tatia,

For some reason you chose the oldest post to try, choose the newer instead.

This is it: http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/me ... e_solution (February 27 2010)

Days before that post, the N54 team had to change again the way of embedding video for just the opposite of what it used to be.

So, from that day on you should get rid of the highlighted text keeping all the rest as is. Or you can do as shown in the newest post.

This is your embedded video link:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<table width="100%"><tr><td><center><table width="180" bgcolor="#5f5f5f"><tr><td bgcolor="#00ddff"></td></tr></table><table width="220" bgcolor="#3f3f3f"><tr><td bgcolor="#ff5500"><center><font face="georgia" color="#FFFF00" size="3"> == Messias-BH. == </font><b></b>
</td></tr></table><table width="180" bgcolor="#5f5f5f"><tr><td bgcolor="#00ddff"></td></tr></table></center></td></tr></table></center>
I turned off the WYSIWYG Editor in My Account, Account Options.

Here is a code that works for posting YouTube videos on Network54:

You can get it here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

-
Cheers,Bob

LEX,Ky.
xڥ�mOAǿ
�H4��Z(��Py�ф,R*6���0W�D_���R- KC����ǫ���}�\��������g�7qf��gֿ�}j]|��[���.����w�Řa�� �
�<�Y����T����m~����'[=�"�>�s��4��X�V�:8|�� &�y jVa}�_�S��nՠe���8��8ݽi�ߘe��폃�����:�~�.���NjA*ـ�tC��_��������I��G������S��ŧ[ p�q�hk
�I�5O`_F��GFJ)m@ˌ�ve�R)U��=�M
��(P����2���yb�{���
��S�p���f�/�_�j��#ǣ�A�A�H�=Ğ�J�`e�R����3.��t�n��a��J?�5��l'�B���\��[�������"�*z#Q!X��"F�(z�q���!��s4$�G4�i���Ոg �V$���Ԇ��>���C$B��봚�z�ɀ"��HE��|�%�=��"����nu��T���T���E�b�xL��I��!�{?�|�Tu���4)�R��'����U��߯�i��|�R�R���5�i\�ph�� ��*�\<*�>�y=����D\Z�k��I���"�yz

September 3rd, 2010, 6:38 am #10

Thanks Guys for all your help, but NO LUCK!!
I followed your suggestions to a "T" ... and yes, WYSIWYG is turned off.
I am on a MAC using Safari.

Here is my YOU TUBE TEST
.... 1) is the Embed Code straight from YOU TUBE (prior to Feb 2010, this is what I always used and it worked perfectly!)
.... 2) Is the short version suggested in the link
.... 3) Is the EMBED CODE with the "highlighted blue" section deleted - the "Opposite" suggestion

<center>

AND HERE ARE THE RESULTS
... 3) didn't even show up - and there was a big empty space between 1) & 2).

</center>

Any OTHER suggestions, PLEASE !!!!!

Nick - any ideas??

Thank you all for your help ....

Tatia (feeling pretty frustrated here)

~ ~

Confirmation of reply: