question regarding board censor?

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

question regarding board censor?

June 14th, 2011, 1:18 am #1

Hi, I can't find anything about this in the FAQ's, so forgive me if it's been brought up before.

I'm posting on a board that has a lot of political discussion, and people were trying to type the name of Barack Obama's stepfather, and it will not post. If you put his name in a title or in the text of the post, you get a message that says it can't be posted, please log in and try again. I suggested we give up and start calling him "He Who Must Not Be Named". LOL No big deal, just really puzzling. Can someone please explain?

Thanks,
Kate

June 14th, 2011, 3:19 pm #2

The owner of the forum must have added the name to a censored list. Nothing we can do about that here.

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

June 15th, 2011, 2:56 am #3

...nothing at all seems censored on that board LOL No topic appears to be sacred. Well, thanks...I'll let the other posters know that it's not at Net54 issue.

June 17th, 2011, 10:20 pm #4

The owner of the forum must have added the name to a censored list. Nothing we can do about that here.

Ripper

Thanks.

Cheers,Bob

KLEX - USA
xڥ�mOAǿ
�H4��Z(��Py�ф,R*6���0W�D_���R- KC����ǫ���}�\��������g�7qf��gֿ�}j]|��[���.����w�Řa�� �
�<�Y����T����m~����'[=�"�>�s��4��X�V�:8|�� &�y jVa}�_�S��nՠe���8��8ݽi�ߘe��폃�����:�~�.���NjA*ـ�tC��_��������I��G������S��ŧ[ p�q�hk
�I�5O`_F��GFJ)m@ˌ�ve�R)U��=�M
��(P����2���yb�{���
��S�p���f�/�_�j��#ǣ�A�A�H�=Ğ�J�`e�R����3.��t�n��a��J?�5��l'�B���\��[�������"�*z#Q!X��"F�(z�q���!��s4$�G4�i���Ոg �V$���Ԇ��>���C$B��봚�z�ɀ"��HE��|�%�=��"����nu��T���T���E�b�xL��I��!�{?�|�Tu���4)�R��'����U��߯�i��|�R�R���5�i\�ph�� ��*�\<*�>�y=����D\Z�k��I���"�yz

June 18th, 2011, 3:43 am #5

I never actually used a censor list. I'll check, however.....

Ripper

June 18th, 2011, 3:44 am #6

<p>You can only select "Censors" in your admin section. That throws a monkey wrench into my last answer on the subject.....</p><p> </p>

Ripper

June 18th, 2011, 3:12 pm #7

I couldn't figure out how to do it either

Cheers,Bob

KLEX - USA
xڥ�mOAǿ
�H4��Z(��Py�ф,R*6���0W�D_���R- KC����ǫ���}�\��������g�7qf��gֿ�}j]|��[���.����w�Řa�� �
�<�Y����T����m~����'[=�"�>�s��4��X�V�:8|�� &�y jVa}�_�S��nՠe���8��8ݽi�ߘe��폃�����:�~�.���NjA*ـ�tC��_��������I��G������S��ŧ[ p�q�hk
�I�5O`_F��GFJ)m@ˌ�ve�R)U��=�M
��(P����2���yb�{���
��S�p���f�/�_�j��#ǣ�A�A�H�=Ğ�J�`e�R����3.��t�n��a��J?�5��l'�B���\��[�������"�*z#Q!X��"F�(z�q���!��s4$�G4�i���Ոg �V$���Ԇ��>���C$B��봚�z�ɀ"��HE��|�%�=��"����nu��T���T���E�b�xL��I��!�{?�|�Tu���4)�R��'����U��߯�i��|�R�R���5�i\�ph�� ��*�\<*�>�y=����D\Z�k��I���"�yz

June 19th, 2011, 4:36 am #8

<p>at least not this time.......... </p><p> </p>

Ripper

June 19th, 2011, 6:45 am #9

...nothing at all seems censored on that board LOL No topic appears to be sacred. Well, thanks...I'll let the other posters know that it's not at Net54 issue.
among other racist ...awful slurs.....but Mr. Obama's father's name??? 'Scuse me but that just does not seem logical.

i know the owner...Super....very well and will ask him. He is honest and will address that claim one way or the other.

Lolo Soetero (testing)

June 20th, 2011, 6:33 pm #10

<p>You can only select "Censors" in your admin section. That throws a monkey wrench into my last answer on the subject.....</p><p> </p>

Ripper

Nick
N54 Customer Support

Confirmation of reply: