Posting pictures

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Posting pictures

June 16th, 2009, 9:05 pm #1

Can someone please tell me why I can't post a picture in a thread?  I can't copy and paste one, although I have no trouble with text.  My insert object will not work to do it either.  I did change computers recently...is there something I need to "flip a switch" in order to do this??  Please help. 

~~life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain~~

When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
Japanese Proverb

June 17th, 2009, 7:42 pm #2

If this has only happened since you switched computers, I would say the computer is your issue. You need to find out what operating system you are running, which browser you are using and whether or not there are any add-ons that may be blocking your picture attempts. It is most likely a "security" setting within your browser, operating system or anti-virus software.

Ripper® - Long Island Customs

78A Toledo St
Farmingdale, NY 11735
PHONE - 631-694-1670

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Swap and Tech Forums

June 17th, 2009, 7:55 pm #3

i understand you help with newbies like myself...i am trying to set up a forum, i am up and sitting there, but not sure what is wrong...i dont know where to send people to sign up, and those who do are apparently having problems with there verification email...i had to copy it and paste in my browser to get allowed in...can you advise...thanks don

June 17th, 2009, 8:40 pm #4

<p>Don,</p><p>I can't help with the verification problem except to give the usual responses.</p><ol>[*]Make sure you are logged in to the account you are trying to verify.</li>[*]Make sure you are using the default browser for your system, regardless if it is the browser you use for N54.</li>[*]Make sure you are enabling cookies and your anti-virus software does not see N54 as a threat.</li>[/list]<p>If none of those help, you need to forward the verification e-mail to support at network54 dot com</p><p>As for where to send people to sign up, it's just http://www.network54.com and there should be a link on your forum (you don't need to add it, in other words).</p><p> </p><p> </p>

78A Toledo St
Farmingdale, NY 11735
PHONE - 631-694-1670

Swap and Tech Forums

June 19th, 2009, 7:24 pm #5

If this has only happened since you switched computers, I would say the computer is your issue. You need to find out what operating system you are running, which browser you are using and whether or not there are any add-ons that may be blocking your picture attempts. It is most likely a "security" setting within your browser, operating system or anti-virus software.

78A Toledo St
Farmingdale, NY 11735
PHONE - 631-694-1670

Swap and Tech Forums
It is vista and the virus program is Trend Micro virus.  Is there something specific I should look for?

~~life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain~~

When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
Japanese Proverb

June 19th, 2009, 8:15 pm #6

With Vista, check your personal firewall to see if Network54 is being blocked for some reason. Make sure your Trend Micro program isn't blocking anythihg either. I don't know how to check those since I refuse to run Vista and I haven't run any AV software in over 10 years.

78A Toledo St
Farmingdale, NY 11735
PHONE - 631-694-1670

Swap and Tech Forums

Confirmation of reply: