Posting on Google Chrome

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Posting on Google Chrome

October 24th, 2010, 3:04 pm #1

isn't really working. When replying to a thread and clicking to post the reply, it reloads the page (with the message still in the message box) but this time as a new thread?

I use this forum www.network54.com/forum/188020

I'm not an admin, just a user having problems.

========================

HOLY MACKEREL

And "OP"? **** off back to your World of Warcraft forum you ****.

October 24th, 2010, 3:49 pm #2

Last edited by ripperproductions on October 26th, 2010, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 24th, 2010, 10:32 pm #3

It's no longer working for me with Google chrome, worked fine last night. No joy today. I can delete my posts just can't put one back.

W

Lang may yer lum reek.

"The easiest way to gain control of the population, is to carry out acts of terror.
The public will clamor for laws that restrict their freedom if their personal
security is threatened."

Joseph Stalin

October 24th, 2010, 10:56 pm #4

Sorry I didnt see the other thread.

This has been happening for me since thursday morning and it is still happening now. At first I thought it was a problem with chrome but there are other people with the same problem

========================

HOLY MACKEREL

And "OP"? **** off back to your World of Warcraft forum you ****.

October 24th, 2010, 11:10 pm #5

go to Beezer's board an see what happened over there. The forum won't post in line and I have to hit preview and then post to get it do anything. quotation marks and apostrophes make it insert \\ as well.

They goofed up somewhere.

Lang may yer lum reek.

"The easiest way to gain control of the population, is to carry out acts of terror.
security is threatened."

Joseph Stalin

October 25th, 2010, 5:35 am #6

not much I can do about it. I guess there was an update that somehow affected Google Chrome users only, since no one else is having the problem.

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

October 25th, 2010, 9:12 pm #7

Hi Ripper,

Once again, thanks for your efforts. I've just tested again and the problem hasn't changed. Surely there must be some way of escalating the problem to Network54 technical staff?

I'm running Windows XP, and my current version of Chrome, 7.0.517.41, was released on 19 October 2010. The problem with posting on Network54 Forums didn't appear until some time after my last successful post using Chrome on Forum 198833 which was at 20:01 UTC+1 on October 21 2010. I noticed the problem when attempting to post on 23 October and reported it in this Forum

Since the last Chrome update had already been in for 2 days at the time of that last successful post the ball is well and truly in Network54's court! It has to be an update they've introduced some time after 20:01 UTC+1 on October 21 2010. I used to be a Systems Programmer, it's not exactly rocket science to look back through a list of patches applied, do some intelligent thinking, put two and two together, and fix the problem!

There should be at least some clues as to what's gone wrong in the post I made here when I reported the problem.

If Network54 want to abandon 8% and growing (Chrome current usage) of all web users then so be it, but that would seem a pretty stupid decision to me!

Again, thanks for your efforts.

Regards,

A_L

October 26th, 2010, 1:46 am #8

not much I can do about it. I guess there was an update that somehow affected Google Chrome users only, since no one else is having the problem.

Ripper

it worked fine with chrome until this weekend.

Say what you want about chrome and then read this
http://arstechnica.com/security/news/20 ... ontest.ars

Lang may yer lum reek.

security is threatened."

Joseph Stalin

October 26th, 2010, 1:51 am #9

Ripper

As far as I'm concerned Network54 have created the problem, and they really ought to solve it. Meantime however here's a workaround for Chrome users who'd like to be able to post!

Install the Chrome extension 'IE Tab'. Here's the page in Google's Extensions Pages.

This seems to do exactly what it says on the tin. You use IE in a Chrome tab - and as IE can post on Network54, so can you! Absolutely brilliant! I can't certify that it won't rip off your data and plunder your identity, but hey, 616000 users can't be wrong - at least I hope not!

October 26th, 2010, 8:13 am #10

<p>My users are reporting (and I can replicate) the same problem - cannot post without pressing Preview, replies create a new thread.</p><p>Please help N54 - Chrome is at least 15% of browser users out there in some places.</p>

<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;width:600px;"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="600"><tr><td style="padding:4px 8px 4px 8px;"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"><tr><td><font size="-1">News</font></td><td width="70%" align="right"></td></tr></table></td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td style="padding:0px 8px 16px 8px;">DONCASTER 3 SHEFFIELD UNITED 0: SPEED'S FLOPS REALLY COPP IT
<font size="-1"><a href="" rel="nofollow">Daily Star</a>
âHe's got a fantastic opportunity with Sheffield United, and he'll be trying to influence them in the same way he did as a player. ...
http://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=h ... eo=us">See all stories on this topic »</font></td></tr><tr><td style="padding:0px 8px 16px 8px;">SHEFFIELD UNITED FC (SPAIN) â WEEK 2
<font size="-1"><a href="" rel="nofollow">The Leader Newspaper Online</a>
In a tight first half Sheffield had the better of the chances, quite often managing to spring the home sides off side trap with good runs, especially by ...
http://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=h ... eo=us">See all stories on this topic »</font></td></tr><tr><td style="padding:0px 8px 16px 8px;">This Week at Bradford City
<font size="-1"><a href="" rel="nofollow">Vitalfootball</a>
The reserves will entertain a young Sheffield United side at Plumpton Park on Tuesday night. Junior Lewis` second string Bantams will be looking to improve ...
http://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=h ... eo=us">See all stories on this topic »</font></td></tr></table></div>

Confirmation of reply: