Not receiving email notifications

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Not receiving email notifications

June 16th, 2014, 11:44 pm #1

Well, this is my second attempt to post this issue.

I responded to a post below back in March about not receiving notifications and nothing has changed. It is now mid June and I'm still not receiving any notifications.

How can I get this corrected? It is very difficult to go back to forums and look at all of the old threads to see if someone posted after me. Make the forums not user friendly.

Also not user friendly to post a question here and it never shows up.

Please help.

June 18th, 2014, 2:33 am #2

<p>Perhaps you should read this before complaining about your posts not showing up</p><p>http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/me ... hould+Know</p><p>As for the emails, they do not seem to be working.</p>

June 18th, 2014, 12:14 pm #3

and knew the forum was moderated which would cause posts to at least be delayed. I had responded to a thread here about email notifications not working (started by someone else) back in March and while it was posted, no response was provided and email notifications were not fixed. In regard to "this was my second attempt" to post this issue, I sent a post on Sunday (never showed up) and then this one you responded to on Monday.

How is one to perceive no response to a 3 month old post, and then when asked again it doesn't show up?

Now, regarding your comment "As for the emails, they do not seem to be working" has anyone been working on this issue over the last 3 or more months?

An explanation regarding email notifications and what if anything is being done to fix the issue would be a lot more helpful and friendly than your response above.

June 19th, 2014, 9:37 pm #4

<p>reading comprehension issue then. You say you read the post about moderators needing to approve your post before it will show up, then you complain about your post not showing up immediately. </p><p>Replying to a 3 month old post won't speed that process up. This forum is moderated by volunteers. We have lives. We are not sitting at our computers, waiting for you to have a question. When we do come here, we don't like finding a series of posts about the same problem, spread out over different parts of the forum. One will suffice.</p><p>The email problem has been ongoing. I do not know the progress of the repairs.</p>
Last edited by ripperproductions on June 19th, 2014, 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2014, 10:42 pm #5

post I was referring to is the thread that I posted to 3 MONTHS ago. It was started in March by someone else and I added a comment about my notifications not working either WITHIN THE SAME MONTH. To clarify for the reading comprehension challenged - Thread was started in MARCH, I posted to it in MARCH. It is now June.

Maybe a "sticky" at the top saying Email Notifications aren't working, haven't worked in months and no one has any idea if the issue is being worked on would be more helpful than your posts.

Or if you want everyone to read your "Read here before posting thread" you could add it there and then point those that post about not receiving notifications to be sure to read that before posting.

Thanks for the thoughtful and friendly atmosphere.

June 19th, 2014, 11:49 pm #6

your latest reply to the 3 month old post happened within minutes of the other two posts. I didn't notice if you has replied earlier. I do not control how the Network54 guys answer posts, nor can I add a sticky here.

June 20th, 2014, 1:35 am #7

you neither want to help or escalate the issue OR add it to the FAQ for "Before posting...."

And, I was referring to my post (3rd from bottom in the 3 month old thread) as not getting a response 3 months ago. After I reposted again to that thread Sunday, I thought well since that thread is buried I'd start a new one. Regardless, my first NEW thread post that I made Sunday never showed up. That's why I tried again on Monday with "this is my second attempt".

Isn't there a REAL moderator or forum owner that could help?

June 20th, 2014, 1:39 am #8

your latest reply to the 3 month old post happened within minutes of the other two posts. I didn't notice if you has replied earlier. I do not control how the Network54 guys answer posts, nor can I add a sticky here.
referring to:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/th ... ifications

and my post was:

I don't think it fixed - benj397 on Mar 6, 2014, 5:21 PM

Sorry it is actually 2nd from the bottom as it seems you didn't allow my post there on Sunday to display.

June 20th, 2014, 7:01 pm #9

you neither want to help or escalate the issue OR add it to the FAQ for "Before posting...."

And, I was referring to my post (3rd from bottom in the 3 month old thread) as not getting a response 3 months ago. After I reposted again to that thread Sunday, I thought well since that thread is buried I'd start a new one. Regardless, my first NEW thread post that I made Sunday never showed up. That's why I tried again on Monday with "this is my second attempt".

Isn't there a REAL moderator or forum owner that could help?
You're lucky to have me. Most of the volunteer moderators jumped sip a long time back.

June 20th, 2014, 7:02 pm #10

referring to:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/44985/th ... ifications

and my post was:

I don't think it fixed - benj397 on Mar 6, 2014, 5:21 PM

Sorry it is actually 2nd from the bottom as it seems you didn't allow my post there on Sunday to display.
Since you posted more than once on Sunday and then Monday, I replied to the latest one. You obviously still don't get what moderated means.

Confirmation of reply: