I want to Add photos to 'HEADER' control area ..

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

I want to Add photos to 'HEADER' control area ..

August 11th, 2011, 7:27 pm #1

I want add one or some smallish photos or similar colourful images to my forum HEADER and/or FOOTER area ... Header basically!

Is it a simple task of resizing the photos to ----?? KILOBYTES and uploading/posting/copying the photo 'url' line from PHOTOBUCKET..?? into the header and footer area in the control panel ...

I just want to brighten up My forum a bit beyond its current level for my users.

I'm not into playing and accidentally getting it wrong in the controls area so any help to achieve this is much appreciated...

Thanks, AL in the UK

August 12th, 2011, 12:02 am #2

<p>You don't need to resize photos that are already online unless you want to make them a certain size on the screen. You can just change the size attribute tags in the image code. Follow my tech link below and look for the page about adding images.</p><p>Just keep one thing in mind, adding an image to the HEADER will put that image on EVERY PAGE, including the posting page. If that's not what you want, then put it at the top of this section:
Forum Description (HTML Enabled) on index page
</p>

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

August 12th, 2011, 7:47 am #3

Having read your help page as suggested and being non computer literate as such I'm still unsure ...

My photos are stored in the N54 'Photobucket' albums and thats all I know. I don't own a website or have any other online stuff that I'm aware of.

Heres the Image stored in 'PB' album I want in the 'Header'

If that info is of use what do I do from there please? I thought I could just take the 'PB' URL line Minus [linked image] bit of the picture
then cut & paste it into the later box you accurately suggest
that is where I want it so its just on the main page NOT
everyone then occasionally I can change the photo to another. for fun on my forum.

August 13th, 2011, 9:36 am #4

Ripper,

Thanks for the help and as Nick often says 'DONE IT'

Thankyou for the help.

AL, in the NOW peaceful again 'UK' ..

Confirmation of reply: