I believe strongly in free speech however is this not a direct tos violation??

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

I believe strongly in free speech however is this not a direct tos violation??

July 28th, 2011, 10:33 pm #1

http://www.network54.com/Forum/663811/m ... +Democrats

this is but one of many messages on this forum....where Blacks are treated with the most bigoted comments. a quote from the above link states:

"I wonder when the guilt-ridden liberals will get around to declaring niggahs an Endangered Feces; humm?"

Most fear publically speaking here against this because others will attack them for standing against such blatant breaches of the tos your own company has set.

I do NOT want this forum closed. I am sick of people however, being able to have free reign to spew their racist and bigoted slants against blacks and other minorities. With never fearing having anything being done by net54.

I understand you people are short staffed and very busy. I can say i have sent many email alerts to similar uses of the 'N' word....and NOTHING.

Can i ask if this kind of discussion is allowed and supported by net54? IF SO, I apologise for my concern here.

But, if it is not?...why is nothing being said??

thanks

July 29th, 2011, 3:03 am #2

<p>do not get any response here. They need to be sent to [url=mailto:support@network54.com]support@network54.com[/url], and not to my e-mail address. I cannot help you.</p><p>Also, multiple posts about the same issue will get you nowhere but deleted.</p>

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

July 29th, 2011, 4:25 am #3

Why have a tos if it is only for appearance? and i say this truly from repeated, polite and well linked obvious violations.

Why couldn't this question be answered....is the link given a violation or not...so I and others can know what the heck is considered racism and bigotry....

many just believe net54 is an absentee land,lord on these issues and really doesn't care.

imv...this is a serious issue which at least deserves attention....IF however, this is not a violation and use of the word ******, niggah, calling blacks ****** feces etc...is acceptable.

then i can understand why no attention is/was given to at least 9 reports of different such uses of the above.

very confused here.

oh well.

July 30th, 2011, 4:35 am #4

<p>as part of the terms of use agreement, reporting terms of use violations is not done on this forum. It is done through e-mail. We do not have the authority to comment on what is a violation, nor do we have the power to do anything about it. Only Network54 employees can help you and they sometimes do not monitor these forums.</p><p>I have seen many forums shut down for terms of use violations.</p>

Ripper

July 30th, 2011, 4:54 am #5

i would appreciate if you could maybe throw a word of caution about this site youself....please?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/663811/m ... +sex+video.

if not....i understand sadly.

I won't trouble you again about this.

g

July 30th, 2011, 9:41 am #6

<p>as part of the terms of use agreement, reporting terms of use violations is not done on this forum. It is done through e-mail. We do not have the authority to comment on what is a violation, nor do we have the power to do anything about it. Only Network54 employees can help you and they sometimes do not monitor these forums.</p><p>I have seen many forums shut down for terms of use violations.</p>

Ripper

This thread is somewhat unneccessary if what I was told some 7 years ago now.

Myself and a Decent longterm AMERICAN mate operated a FORUM on the 'BRAVENET' providers fascilties, for reasons far to long to go into here WE were closed down by them.... BUT it was also THEY who suggested that we look at N54 to restart our forum idea AS THEY BELIEVED THAT N54 wss the 'PLACE TO BE' for such activities to be best used for our users benefit...

Being WHITE, ENGLISH and in THE UK , whilst I can see the frustrations you seem to be under with your 'board' I'd suggest its not worth knocking based on the USA being the leader in FREEDOM OF SPEECH World Wide ...

The THING thats does get right up my nose is the junk mail spammers that still get through, surely getting rid of that rubbish from the WWW. would be far more appealing than worrying about 1 individuals emotions out of 6.5 BILLION on this planet!

7 years on and I have zero complaints about N54 but agree they need to do something about the 'service' level which poor old NICK seems to have on his shoulders most of the time, 'Ripper' is as good as it gets But his hands are clearly tied, happens to the best of us mate...

Tarah from the UK

July 30th, 2011, 1:42 pm #7

http://www.network54.com/Forum/663811/m ... +Democrats

this is but one of many messages on this forum....where Blacks are treated with the most bigoted comments. a quote from the above link states:

"I wonder when the guilt-ridden liberals will get around to declaring niggahs an Endangered Feces; humm?"

Most fear publically speaking here against this because others will attack them for standing against such blatant breaches of the tos your own company has set.

I do NOT want this forum closed. I am sick of people however, being able to have free reign to spew their racist and bigoted slants against blacks and other minorities. With never fearing having anything being done by net54.

I understand you people are short staffed and very busy. I can say i have sent many email alerts to similar uses of the 'N' word....and NOTHING.

Can i ask if this kind of discussion is allowed and supported by net54? IF SO, I apologise for my concern here.

But, if it is not?...why is nothing being said??

thanks
it's only a bad word when a white person uses it. Black people use it constantly, as do Hispanic people and I have even heard Arabic and Indian people use it as a term of endearment. When they stop, that's when the word should no longer be allowed. Until then, I don't see a reason to get upset over one silly word. There are plenty of derogitory names for people of all races and nationalities. When we ban one, we need to ban the rest of them as well, otherwise it's just racist.

Ripper

July 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm #8

i would appreciate if you could maybe throw a word of caution about this site youself....please?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/663811/m ... +sex+video.

if not....i understand sadly.

I won't trouble you again about this.

g
I'm not a big fan of Obama, but that's pretty nasty stuff.

Ripper

Confirmation of reply: