HTML Editor Fixed

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

HTML Editor Fixed

March 30th, 2010, 9:17 pm #1

The HTML editor has now been fixed, supporting bold text and outlines. If you encounter any other issues with the editor, please post in this thread and we'll look into it.

Chris Moser
network54.com
for updates on Network54, follow me on Twitter

March 31st, 2010, 10:56 am #2

<p>Is this the same as WYSIWYG?</p><p>If so that still is not working.</p><p>Italics we'll see if that works!!</p>

April 1st, 2010, 1:38 am #3

<p>Hi Malone, yes it's the <strong>WYSIWG </strong>editor.  Testing it here in IE8.</p><p>It looks like it's working, but I notice that<strong> using bold in IE8 doesn't appear very strong</strong>, FWIW.  You might want to double check that.

Chris Moser
network54.com
for updates on Network54, follow me on Twitter</p>
Last edited by cpmoser on April 1st, 2010, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 1st, 2010, 2:30 am #4

Actually bold and under line do work but not Italics

In foxfire the text box doesn't show up, do you know what i mean the box just above where you type the message

April 1st, 2010, 9:35 am #5

<p>I hope you understand what I mean.</p><p>The box where you make adjustments is<strong> "not" </strong>available in any browser ie firefox, google chrome etc. except Internet Explorer eight.</p><p>The whole idea is to have the box available in any browser.</p><p>Another idea is to have the box work when it is available, I think I have Internet Explorer 10 when I use MSN Premium, the message text box shows up there but it doesn't function correctly there either.</p><p>What does work is centering, bold, and underline, text size,  and links are usable when pasted in  the message box. What doesn't work is  italics, numbering and bullets.</p><p>Also I don't have much success using html tags, besides that is what the message text box is for.</p><p>I do understand IE 8 is a poor browser, ie not being able to play videos on some websites, shutting down, all the time..however there are some features I need to use that not available on any other browser. And I know that is not your fault.</p><p>I appreciate your time.</p><p> </p>

April 1st, 2010, 4:12 pm #6

<p>The editor worked in Internet Explorer 6 and 7, but does not work properly in 8. I can't even post images with IE8, but I can with IE6. There is no such thing as IE10, yet.... All versions of IE that are hacked up (AOL, MSN and others) have issues that far outweight any possible benefits (which I don't see as benefits anyway)...</p><p>That being said, the WYSIWYG editor no longer functions in any browser I use. Numbered and bulleted lists simply disappear after posting, Italics and bold just don't show up, although they do if you preview (at least they did the last time I checked). I am not sure about underlining, as I never use that. Let's try. These words are underlined. I also have not used the Font and size tags at any time.</p><p>Numbered list below:</p><ol>[*]test</li>[*]test</li>[*]test</li>[/list]<p>Bulleted list below:</p>
  • test</li>
  • test</li>
  • test</li>

Ripper®

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

April 1st, 2010, 4:13 pm #7

<p>this is IE6</p><p>My laptop is not running right now, that's where I have IE8. It is too far away to try right now.</p>

Ripper®

April 1st, 2010, 4:22 pm #8

<p>The editor worked in Internet Explorer 6 and 7, but does not work properly in 8. I can't even post images with IE8, but I can with IE6. There is no such thing as IE10, yet.... All versions of IE that are hacked up (AOL, MSN and others) have issues that far outweight any possible benefits (which I don't see as benefits anyway)...</p><p>That being said, the WYSIWYG editor no longer functions in any browser I use. Numbered and bulleted lists simply disappear after posting, Italics and bold just don't show up, although they do if you preview (at least they did the last time I checked). I am not sure about underlining, as I never use that. Let's try. These words are underlined. I also have not used the Font and size tags at any time.</p><p>Numbered list below:</p><ol>[*]test</li>[*]test</li>[*]test</li>[/list]<p>Bulleted list below:</p>
  • test</li>
  • test</li>
  • test</li>

Ripper®

I was talking about the MSN version 10  It is the premium browser for MSN

April 1st, 2010, 4:35 pm #9

• test</li>
  • test</li>
  • test</li>

Ripper®

<p>I don't find much comfort in that..or is it an April fool's joke.</p><p>We all know it doesn't it work, we told you that already.</p><p>We were hoping you would find a solution, and answers like "my laptop is too far away to find out" don't make us feel any better.</p><p>Also I am not even able to download ie 6 or 7 on my computer...</p><p>I realize you can't do anything about that.</p><p> </p>

April 1st, 2010, 5:19 pm #10

<p>Malone,</p><p>Ripper is a volunteer moderator, so, if while he gives away his time to help you and others in this forum, he elects to make a joke about his laptop being far away, that is his business.</p><p>I will make sure our technical team is aware of these continued issues, and I apologize for the inconvenience.</p><p>Regards,</p>

Nick
N54 Customer Support

Confirmation of reply: