How do I post Smilies?

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

How do I post Smilies?

October 31st, 2010, 12:09 am #1

<p>How do I post Smilies from Photobucket?  What is the HTML code link?</p><p> </p>

October 31st, 2010, 2:01 am #2

<p>First, you need to know if your forum is HTML enabled. There is no setting in your admin panel for this, you need to ask them to do it for you. If you are not sure, post a new thread (do not reply to this one, in other words) with your forum ID in the text area (either just the ID number, or a link to your forum will work). In the subject, put "please enable my forum" and you can include the forum ID there too, if you like.</p><p>Once that is done, you will need to add a script to your header section with links to each of the smileys you want to add. You can find a smiley generator <a href="http://www.ripper1.com/nw54/smileys.php ... </p><p>The script generator on that page is pretty much self explanitory, but if you have any problems, you can e-mail me and I'll do my best to help.</p>

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

October 31st, 2010, 4:18 am #3

Most Message Boards offer Smilies ... why doesn't Network 54 do this?  I wouldn't mind paying for this option if I could add my own Smilies!

October 31st, 2010, 3:39 pm #4

November 16th, 2010, 1:49 am #5

<p>How do I post Smilies from Photobucket?  What is the HTML code link?</p><p> </p>
I've had smilies on my forums for years,but they stopped working today.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/439743/

The smilies appear on the post page,but the gif/jpg code will not insert into the message body when you click on the them.

Thanks!

-
Cheers,Bob

KLEX USA
xڥ�mOAǿ
�H4��Z(��Py�ф,R*6���0W�D_���R- KC����ǫ���}�\��������g�7qf��gֿ�}j]|��[���.����w�Řa�� �
�<�Y����T����m~����'[=�"�>�s��4��X�V�:8|�� &�y jVa}�_�S��nՠe���8��8ݽi�ߘe��폃�����:�~�.���NjA*ـ�tC��_��������I��G������S��ŧ[ p�q�hk
�I�5O`_F��GFJ)m@ˌ�ve�R)U��=�M
��(P����2���yb�{���
��S�p���f�/�_�j��#ǣ�A�A�H�=Ğ�J�`e�R����3.��t�n��a��J?�5��l'�B���\��[�������"�*z#Q!X��"F�(z�q���!��s4$�G4�i���Ոg �V$���Ԇ��>���C$B��봚�z�ɀ"��HE��|�%�=��"����nu��T���T���E�b�xL��I��!�{?�|�Tu���4)�R��'����U��߯�i��|�R�R���5�i\�ph�� ��*�\<*�>�y=����D\Z�k��I���"�yz

November 16th, 2010, 4:55 pm #6

They might be tweaking something, give it some time. If it still persists, post back.

Ripper

December 1st, 2010, 9:40 pm #7

Thanks.

-
Cheers,Bob

KLEX USA
xڥ�mOAǿ
�H4��Z(��Py�ф,R*6���0W�D_���R- KC����ǫ���}�\��������g�7qf��gֿ�}j]|��[���.����w�Řa�� �
�<�Y����T����m~����'[=�"�>�s��4��X�V�:8|�� &�y jVa}�_�S��nՠe���8��8ݽi�ߘe��폃�����:�~�.���NjA*ـ�tC��_��������I��G������S��ŧ[ p�q�hk
��(P����2���yb�{���
��S�p���f�/�_�j��#ǣ�A�A�H�=Ğ�J�`e�R����3.��t�n��a��J?�5��l'�B���\��[�������"�*z#Q!X��"F�(z�q���!��s4$�G4�i���Ոg �V$���Ԇ��>���C$B��봚�z�ɀ"��HE��|�%�=��"����nu��T���T���E�b�xL��I��!�{?�|�Tu���4)�R��'����U��߯�i��|�R�R���5�i\�ph�� ��*�\<*�>�y=����D\Z�k��I���"�yz

December 2nd, 2010, 5:15 am #8

When you click on one, it appears in the text area, but submitting the post does nothing. No post shows up at all. I will check on one of my testing forums to see if the smileys are working, but it will take me a day or so to re-upload the graphics and install the code again. I haven't worked on the forums I have here for awhile and I'm a tad busy right now.... Sorry.

Ripper

December 15th, 2010, 5:19 am #9

Any luck fixing the problem?

Thanks.

-
Cheers,Bob

KLEX USA
xڥ�mOAǿ
��(P����2���yb�{���

December 15th, 2010, 5:26 am #10

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to try. I can't really fix the problem, but I can see if it is limited to your forum or if it is site-wide. I will try tomorrow, as I have to get up at 5 AM and it is already after midnight here......

Ripper

Confirmation of reply: