'Embedding' some VHS video

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

'Embedding' some VHS video

08 Jun 2011, 09:00 #1

Hi,

I've said before on here that I am not a computer mastermind.

Could someone Please explain what exactly is 'EMBEDDING' and HOW I can use it !! / what do I need to do ?? to 'post' or make available to view a short length of old VHS VIDEO onto my forum ... Do I need to get some 'ONLINE' storage for the video or what please. Can I simply upload the video clip to my computer and then 'load' it into the message post or what??

Thanks in anticipation,

Alan

08 Jun 2011, 17:26 #2

You need online storage for the video and you need to convert it to an internet-friendly format (MP3, MP4, etc....) You just can't post a VHS video and expect people to be able to view it on their computers, it isn't compatible.

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

08 Jun 2011, 21:01 #3

Hi,

I've said before on here that I am not a computer mastermind.

Could someone Please explain what exactly is 'EMBEDDING' and HOW I can use it !! / what do I need to do ?? to 'post' or make available to view a short length of old VHS VIDEO onto my forum ... Do I need to get some 'ONLINE' storage for the video or what please. Can I simply upload the video clip to my computer and then 'load' it into the message post or what??

Thanks in anticipation,

Alan
To add to Ripper's advice:

Embedding a video means to put the HTML code for the video in your message,so the video will appear,rather than being a link to the video.

Here is an example of an embedded video,using the hosting site YouTube:

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

For whatever reason,Network54 will not allow you to upload videos directly to be hosted on its site (probably to save money,etc.)
So, you must host the video somewhere else on the Web. YouTube is a free hosting site.
See my FAQ for embedding videos from YouTube:

http://tinyurl.com/6eflo95

I have never uploaded a VHS tape to my computer,so I can't help there. Doing a Yahoo search shows these articles:

http://tinyurl.com/43u5cog

Cheers,Bob

KLEX - USA
xڥ�mOAǿ
�H4��Z(��Py�ф,R*6���0W�D_���R- KC����ǫ���}�\��������g�7qf��gֿ�}j]|��[���.����w�Řa�� �
�<�Y����T����m~����'[=�"�>�s��4��X�V�:8|�� &�y jVa}�_�S��nՠe���8��8ݽi�ߘe��폃�����:�~�.���NjA*ـ�tC��_��������I��G������S��ŧ[ p�q�hk
�I�5O`_F��GFJ)m@ˌ�ve�R)U��=�M
��(P����2���yb�{���
��S�p���f�/�_�j��#ǣ�A�A�H�=Ğ�J�`e�R����3.��t�n��a��J?�5��l'�B���\��[�������"�*z#Q!X��"F�(z�q���!��s4$�G4�i���Ոg �V$���Ԇ��>���C$B��봚�z�ɀ"��HE��|�%�=��"����nu��T���T���E�b�xL��I��!�{?�|�Tu���4)�R��'����U��߯�i��|�R�R���5�i\�ph�� ��*�\<*�>�y=����D\Z�k��I���"�yz

09 Jun 2011, 06:42 #4

Hi Ripper, Bobky,

Thanks for the responses, Looks like I've got some work to do and the end results should be good be good if I get it right.

I have the 'Easy VHS to DVD' programme for MACs and have converted some old VHS stuff to DVD, so if I follow that and then upload to You Tube I should be ok to go from there.

Thanks again chaps,

Alan