Does network54 have or could it create

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Does network54 have or could it create

October 27th, 2010, 6:43 pm #1

<p>a messageboard or notice board stating current ongoing issues, how they exhibit and any workarounds that have been found for those issues in such a way that people like me (very much a non computer person) can check current issues and figure out if their posters are having those issues? Clearly since *I* don't understand that someone who can't post might be using something like google chrome and there is an issue with it I don't know when I post here that I a repeating what someone else has had an issue with. I though this was where I was suposed to be able to come to ask for help on these issues. Again Sorry I guess I just don't understand what this forum is for. I've only come her about 4 times in the last 9 ro 10 years and generally get a similar response, if any. If there is a place for me to go that better addresses my issues please let me know and I will try to figure things out there instead of coming here. </p><p>Thanks,</p>

Kathy
http://cd100.blogspot.com/
http://www.napolitano.it

October 28th, 2010, 5:31 am #2

<p>All we ask (we, being the volunteer moderators who donate our own time to try and help around here) is that you take a few minutes to look over some of the other posts on the forum before you add to the insanity. </p><p>You don't see many of the posts because this forum is moderated, but at times, I come here and there are dozens of posts about the same exact problem, clogging up the forum. </p><p>Then you get the people who think their browser is broken, and they post 10 or 12 times in a row with the same exact post, thinking the first one never got here....</p><p>Here are a few tips when you your forum is having a problems.</p><ol>[*]Make sure it's not maintenance that is causing the problem. They generally update things on Sunday night, but at times, it is a different night or day. They will usually let us know if there is something major going on, but even minor maintenance can cause posting problems while it is being done.</li>[*]Find out if the problem is user-specific or not. Sometimes, a persn will update their computer and that will cause all sorts of problems for them. Many people allow automatic updates, so there are times they don't even know their computer got updated and that's why they can't post. It could be an operating system update, an anti-virus update, etc......</li>[*]Come here and read through the first few post to see if someone else reported the same issue. Once it is reported here, there is no need to repeat the report. Generally, we'll leave one or two replies, just to be sure it's not one person with the problem, but the rest get deleted unless there is different information inside.</li>[*]If you can't find your problem, post it. Give us as much information as possible. We can't help you if you only post "I can't post", because the act of posting that proves your point wrong. Include a link to the forum where you are having the issue and tell us if it is your forum or someone else's. Be as specific as possible about the problem. We don't mind reading if it will help solve your issue without waiting for the Network54 guys, who seem to be AWOL quite often.</li>[/list]

Ripper

Network54 Forum Tech Tips
Airbrush and Paint Tech Forums

Confirmation of reply: