Cloudflare Issues

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Cloudflare Issues

April 17th, 2012, 6:30 pm #1

Thanks to those of you that contacted Cloudflare directly and sent your traceroutes (and cc-ed me). It was helpful in narrowing down the potential problem areas. A couple of fixes are filtering through right now. The big one we hope was the cause was our ISP and the network connections between us and certain points in CloudFlare's network. It definitely had reproducible problems between us and points out of San Jose and Chicago (the two tested as baseline).

More updates as I get them.

N54 / Steven Roussey / My Weblog / Follow on Twitter

April 18th, 2012, 4:51 am #2

It is better... I hope. But further testing has shown some additional issues. There are two options:

1) remove cloudflare from the system. Different people would likely have a problem, and there will be no cloudflare error message.

2) Keep things as they are and get our ISPs to figure this out.

Still debating on which to do... but at the moment we are letting Cloudflare and our ISPs try and figure things out. End users don't have network engineers on staff, after all. We are also going to order some new equipment of our own on the off chance that our edge servers are interfering. They are pretty old now... I guess that is choice zero, and we are doing that as we speak. More updates as they come in...

April 18th, 2012, 6:22 pm #3

What are peoples' results today?

April 18th, 2012, 9:28 pm #4

My reports from around the country are good. And I personally have not seen the cloudfare window in the last 3 days either at work using the Nextera network, at home (Minneapolis area) using the Quest network or on my cell phone using the Verizon network.

Thanks Steve, we appreciate the hard work!

April 19th, 2012, 7:30 pm #5

What are peoples' results today?

Things are clear here ... haven't seen the Cloudflare message in a few days.

Thanks Steve - we appreciate your staying on top of things and keeping us informed.

Sincerely,

Tatia

http://www.network54.com/Forum/172251/

April 21st, 2012, 6:22 pm #6

My reports from around the country are good. And I personally have not seen the cloudfare window in the last 3 days either at work using the Nextera network, at home (Minneapolis area) using the Quest network or on my cell phone using the Verizon network.

Thanks Steve, we appreciate the hard work!
Hi Steve,

My note from the other day hasn't been posted as yet, when you asked how things were going ... I wrote then that things for the past several days had been fine, no signs of the CLOUDFARE message at all.

Unfortunately in the last 1/2 hour, I have seen it about 6 times. Refreshing or hitting the back key seems to take care of it. Just wanted to keep you updated, in case you are trying out some new fixes.

Thanks for your efforts and for keeping us informed.

Tatia Loring
http://www.network54.com/Forum/172251/

April 22nd, 2012, 3:45 pm #7

And I saw it once just now.

Working on it...

April 22nd, 2012, 4:05 pm #8

A network router seems be showing 5% packet loss. Trying to find out who it belongs to and get it fixed. Gotta wait on the ISP for that, but do have a ticket in.

Confirmation of reply: