Announcment: Update on Network54

Moderators: N54 Volunteer Moderator, Network54 Employee

Announcment: Update on Network54

29 Aug 2017, 23:27 #1

We are excited to let you know about the next evolution of Network54.

As we look at our traffic, we see that mobile now accounts for over 50% of the traffic viewing Network54 forums. And Network54 was designed for desktop traffic. To help us improve accessibility on mobile devices, we are going to partner with Tapatalk. Tapatalk has been a leader in providing native app and mobile web experience to forums. Given Tapatalk's expertise in mobile, it is a natural step in the evolution of Network54.

In a couple of months, you will will soon begin to see some enhancements. These include:

- Ability to view Network54 forums on the Tapatalk. Free (and -
optional) for everyone

- For Admins and Moderators, you will be able to moderate the forums on the Tapatalk app (requires Admin or Moderator credentials when logging into the Tapatalk App)

- Upgrade to a new forum system, providing additional features and controls

- Improved spam control and filtering of inappropriate (adult) images

While there several improvements, most things will remain the same, including:

- Your existing settings and controls

- For those on Premier, ad removal

Stay tuned for future announcements, and let me know if you have any questions.

01 Sep 2017, 16:33 #2

<p>is still not working properly. If I use the new /f/ folder here or at other places where it is enabled, I cannot post or reply at all. I have to change the /f/ to /Forum/ then I can post or reply. It is such a problem that someone wrote a script to change the folder</p><p></p><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" width="100%" border="0"><tr><td style="background-color:#fcfcfc;" bgcolor="#fcfcfc" align="left"><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet"></font><h1>One solution I've found...</h1><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet">Score 2.0 (1 person)</font></td><td valign="top" align="right"><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet">August 29 2017, 9:16 PM </font></td></tr></table><table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" width="100%" border="0"><tr><td style="padding-left:15px;">
<font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet"></font><div class="intelliTxt KonaBody">... is: Javascript will free you from this kind of trouble.

If your forum is javascript enabled, you very likely will love to try this:

<script type="text/javascript">
  var now = window.location;
  if (!now.pathname.indexOf('/f/')) {
    var redir = now.origin + now.pathname.replace('f', 'Forum');
    location.href = redir;
  }
</script>

Just enter the above javascript code inside the session "Header (HTML Enabled) on every page" and it will bring your forum back on the rails.

- Sleep well, again...</div>
</td></tr></table>

Messias-BH.
Posts 0
Messias-BH.

02 Sep 2017, 13:32 #3

Not "someone" Ripper, but ME... Messias-BH. (esquiloesperto).

05 Sep 2017, 15:12 #4

<p>I wasn't sure if you wrote it as you said you "found" a solution. I find lots of things..... </p><p> </p>

13 Sep 2017, 02:12 #5

Ok, I am not insulted at all.
Here, in Brazil, we often use "I found (something)" to express "I did/got (something)". Thus I'm sorry for such mess. Excuse me, please.

27 Sep 2017, 08:02 #6

As we look at our traffic, we see that mobile now accounts for over 50% of the traffic viewing Network54 forums. And Network54 was designed for desktop traffic. To help us improve accessibility on mobile devices, we are going to partner with Tapatalk. Tapatalk has been a leader in providing native app and mobile web experience to forums. Given Tapatalk's expertise in mobile, it is a natural step in the evolution of Network54.

In a couple of months, you will will soon begin to see some enhancements. These include:

optional) for everyone

- For Admins and Moderators, you will be able to moderate the forums on the Tapatalk app (requires Admin or Moderator credentials when logging into the Tapatalk App)

While my community's moderators and I still have access to most regular features, approving messages of anonymous posters has become an issue. There is no way an un-registered participant's message will get approved now, as such feature immediately sends an error. What can I possibly do to have it fixed?
""""

09 Oct 2017, 16:20 #7

optional) for everyone

G
Last edited by Garvin2 on 19 Dec 2017, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

09 Oct 2017, 16:20 #8

optional) for everyone

Duplicate post
Last edited by Garvin2 on 09 Oct 2017, 16:22, edited 1 time in total.

14 Oct 2017, 22:29 #9

optional) for everyone

This has been down for several weeks now

17 Oct 2017, 23:17 #10

optional) for everyone

Chris,

We have been with you close to 15 years. To put it lightly, the inability to contact you or hear from you is worrisome!

The SEARCH feature has been out for over a month, please can't edit messages or change personal photos, etc. etc. I've also started to notice a slowdown in posting (and these weird punctuation marks on the bottom left of my postings ...)

Please LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!!

If things are under construction because of Tapatalk, we'd just like to know ...

We've stayed with you all this time (and as a paying Premiere member) because we like it here, but we need some communication from you and a fix to the problems going on.

THANKS ....