With a bit of trepidation the new board is open again

April 30th, 2009, 6:01 pm #11

With a bit of trepidation the new board is open for registration. This board will again stay open just in case. It will definitely be open for some days though I am not sure how long right now. It's a great fall back if something breaks again.

The new registration process is in place too. It should work the correct way this time and each registered member, after they register, will be required to supply, via an email to me:

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

That phone number will STAY PRIVATE. Your first and last name will stay private unless you get into a situation where you can't be anonymous.

After I receive the email from the registration, with the above info, you will be approved. If anyone doesn't want to send that email they can still lurk and read the board just as they can now. You will have to be registered to see the BST but that is the only part you will need to be registered to see, except for some user info....but threads and other forums will be viewable to anyone, except those pesky trolls....They will find the new board not to their liking...

Matt brought up a good point. . each registered member, after they sign-up, will receive an email asking them to 1) click a link to validate their email address and
2) to supply, via an email to me:"

so there are 2 parts to it...don't worry....it will be ok

I haven't received a confirmation email yet and it's been over 10 minutes. I sent my info to Leon, but haven't had the opportunity to "click the link". This is the same problem I had a few weeks back when we switched.

April 30th, 2009, 6:02 pm #12

With a bit of trepidation the new board is open for registration. This board will again stay open just in case. It will definitely be open for some days though I am not sure how long right now. It's a great fall back if something breaks again.

The new registration process is in place too. It should work the correct way this time and each registered member, after they register, will be required to supply, via an email to me:

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

That phone number will STAY PRIVATE. Your first and last name will stay private unless you get into a situation where you can't be anonymous.

After I receive the email from the registration, with the above info, you will be approved. If anyone doesn't want to send that email they can still lurk and read the board just as they can now. You will have to be registered to see the BST but that is the only part you will need to be registered to see, except for some user info....but threads and other forums will be viewable to anyone, except those pesky trolls....They will find the new board not to their liking...

Matt brought up a good point. . each registered member, after they sign-up, will receive an email asking them to 1) click a link to validate their email address and

Same with me. Haven't received a confirmation. I send my personal info to Leon, though not to: leon@net54baseball.com.

Should I send it again, but to that email address instead?

April 30th, 2009, 6:03 pm #13

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

Eric- no need to send again - he gets them all.

I'll have a look at the email situation...
Last edited by MSW1 on April 30th, 2009, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 30th, 2009, 6:04 pm #14

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

Thanks Matt.

April 30th, 2009, 6:05 pm #15

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

you guys are both using Yahoo... maybe check your SPAM folder?

My Trade/Sale Page

April 30th, 2009, 6:06 pm #16

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

Nothing in the spam folder either... nada

April 30th, 2009, 6:07 pm #17

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

With so many registrations through cyberspace I think some are lagging a little bit. I am approving every person when I get the email with contact information. Someone asked if they really have to send it even though they are well known. The answer is "yes"...please.....

April 30th, 2009, 6:07 pm #18

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

Jerry - I'm going to email you directly to see if we can work it out and then post the solution here (hopefully).

My Trade/Sale Page

April 30th, 2009, 6:08 pm #19

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

Nothing in my spam either.

With the new board, even though we're registered but not approved we can modify our settings and information.

However, I don't see anything for adding an avatar and signature. Do I have to be approved before I see that?

April 30th, 2009, 6:12 pm #20

1. User ID
2. first and last name
3. Daytime phone #

If any Yahoo users DID get the email or any users who are non Yahoo users DON't get the email within 10 minutes of singing up, please let me know as it will help isolate the issue.

My Trade/Sale Page