W551 Strip Card reprints...

W551 Strip Card reprints...

April 30th, 2009, 7:16 pm #1

I am being offered some two card panels of these cards. I assume that someone cut up the original 10 card strip. The seller is an an out of town antique shop. They do not have a scanner.

Are there fake W551's out there? If so, are they individuals or in panel/strip form?

Any help or photos of what to look for would be appreciated.

Kevin

April 30th, 2009, 7:32 pm #2

Beware of blue text

April 30th, 2009, 7:53 pm #3

I am being offered some two card panels of these cards. I assume that someone cut up the original 10 card strip. The seller is an an out of town antique shop. They do not have a scanner.

Are there fake W551's out there? If so, are they individuals or in panel/strip form?

Kevin
Steve is correct. There are in fact quite a few fakes out there. I don't have any scans to show though...

April 30th, 2009, 8:00 pm #4

Kevin
I think the stock is a little glossier but VERY close if I remember correctly. One reason I never fool with the things unless they come up from someone very reliable or with a big batch of stuff otherwise new to the market...........

April 30th, 2009, 8:13 pm #5

Kevin
yes, blue text, and heavier red in image.