The National

The National

August 1st, 2008, 10:48 am #1

Hi All,

I'm on my way home from the National today. It was a great show for figurals, pennants, and display antiques. We had a terrific time, enjoyed many fascinating conversations, and I am very excited about my purchases. Carlton shot a TON of photos and I'll post my own this weekend. There were bargains to be had and overall there were much better offerings than last year. More soon.

Mike

August 1st, 2008, 1:44 pm #2

Glad to hear it went well Mike. Looking forward to seeing your pick-ups.

August 1st, 2008, 2:01 pm #3

Hi All,

I'm on my way home from the National today. It was a great show for figurals, pennants, and display antiques. We had a terrific time, enjoyed many fascinating conversations, and I am very excited about my purchases. Carlton shot a TON of photos and I'll post my own this weekend. There were bargains to be had and overall there were much better offerings than last year. More soon.

Mike
Mike you are a complete tease! Don't leave us hanging like that. I can't wait to see your pics and purchases. Glad to hear you had a great time.

August 1st, 2008, 5:19 pm #4

Hi All,

Mike
Mike:

Considering those are the 3 things I like most, I am now more depressed than ever. Glad to hear that you did well, though!

I guess I'll be content knowing I probably saved thousands of dollars by staying home. Looking forward to seeing some great upcoming posts, and Carlton's inevitable mouth-watering photos.

August 1st, 2008, 5:47 pm #5

Hi All,

Mike
Here are random pics from the show. I'll post pics of what I purchased soon.

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/mjkm90/

August 1st, 2008, 6:01 pm #6

Hi All,

Mike
Mike, great pics and thanks for sharing.

It's a good thing Lincoln, NE was nowhere near being champs of the Western League in 1915 or I'd be kicking myself for not being at the National right now.

What did you pick up? How were the prices?

August 1st, 2008, 6:22 pm #7

Hi All,

Mike
Great photos Mike. Thanks for posting them. Now cut the crap and tell us what you snagged!

August 1st, 2008, 6:30 pm #8

Hi All,

Mike
Just amazing, Mike... thanks so much for posting these. The 3rd, 4th and 9th photos alone are making me borderline suicidal for staying at home.

Thanks again for these incredible photos!

ps. I started to ask some questions here, but it got too long. I didn't want to bore everyone to death... so I'm going to email you privately.

August 1st, 2008, 7:06 pm #9

Hi All,

Mike
Thanks for the photos Mike. Looks like there was some killer stuff from a trophy/figural perspective. That Sox pennant is too cool for words as well. I honestly get like a sick feeling in my stomach looking at the pictures. I got to go someday. Thanks again Mike.

August 1st, 2008, 7:18 pm #10

Hi All,

Mike
Mike,

Awesome photos. Fill us in what you picked up.

Who had that Sox pennant for sale? That's the same pennant that was in the recent Higgins auction I believe. While it sold for less than I thought it would, all my $$ went to that beer can I posted earlier. I'm suprised that it didn't go to a collector directly. Stupid money tree in the back yard didn't bloom this year

Glad to hear you had a good time. Wish I could go one of these years. Maybe someday it'll go to Boston.

Greg