T206 cards found

April 27th, 2009, 11:17 pm #11

Hi I am a knew memeber to the board my name is rick. I came accross this board a few weeks ago i like the info you guys have on this board. I recently came accross Some T206 cards I would like to know what they could be worth. I am not sure how to post scans on here. but if you e-mail me i can reply with scans. Here is a list of the T206 cards I have they are not in very good condition.

Davis phili Amer. back says 350 subjects Piedmont the cigarette of quality
Alperman Brooklyn. back says 150 subjects Piedmont the cigarette of quality
Doyle N.Y. Natl back says 350 subjects Piedmont the cigarette of quality

The Davis card shows a picture of him in a white uniform in a blue backround
The alperman card shows him holding a baseball bat in a green and a yellow backround
The Doyle card shows him with his hands above his head with a blue backround.

I discribed the cards the best I can you can all e-mail me at ricksmith19800@yahoo.com if you want to see pics of the cards I doubt they have any value though.
wow you guys can be crul. anyway i came across these cards at a garage sale and i paid 10.00 for them. the lady said the belonged to her great grand father. my scanner is giveing me problems. the doyle card is rare? I never heard of that guy any info would be great also i will be going to office depot to get a knew scanner and try to post the scans.

April 27th, 2009, 11:19 pm #12

Hi I am a knew memeber to the board my name is rick. I came accross this board a few weeks ago i like the info you guys have on this board. I recently came accross Some T206 cards I would like to know what they could be worth. I am not sure how to post scans on here. but if you e-mail me i can reply with scans. Here is a list of the T206 cards I have they are not in very good condition.

The alperman card shows him holding a baseball bat in a green and a yellow backround

I discribed the cards the best I can you can all e-mail me at ricksmith19800@yahoo.com if you want to see pics of the cards I doubt they have any value though.
Joe...I agree...let's wait and see...he's getting a "knew" scanner...so pics should be up soon! This is kinda how the butter cream ruth in the current rea was re-found...although I'm septic-al!

pete in mn

fkw

April 27th, 2009, 11:28 pm #13

No need for a knew scanner, only need to go to a good Copy Store (ie Kinkos) and they can scan them for you.

April 27th, 2009, 11:55 pm #14

If the poster was savvy enough to find this forum and knew enough to identify the cards as "T206" and use the words "hands above head" then it would have taken him 2 minutes to find out the answer to his query. This is not how Shydash played out, this poster should not be indulged, and mine should be this thread's last post.

April 28th, 2009, 12:44 am #15

Exactly Joseph. The Davis was described as "white uniform with a blue background", but on the Doyle, Natl he just happened to nail "hands above his head".
Last edited by asphaltman76 on April 28th, 2009, 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 28th, 2009, 1:28 am #16

Probably the same poster who wants info on a Ruth photo that he refuses to show anyone. That one was mildly amusing. This one was too easy.

April 28th, 2009, 1:39 am #17

I have Arizona Oceanfront property if one is interested, this is as equally as astonishing ,so ya'll let me know !

April 28th, 2009, 2:47 am #18

Joe - actually this was exactly how Skydash played out - here is the original thread...

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/t ... +appraiser

Remember, Skydash claimed that two autographed Babe Ruth jerseys were thrown out but the cards were saved. Funny enough, the same "Arizona beach front property" line was used then too.

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

April 28th, 2009, 2:48 am #19

I'm no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

April 28th, 2009, 4:19 am #20

Hi,

I just found this card. I was told it's a T206 Johnson portrait with Green back. Does anyone know how much this might be worth?

Rob L

http://www.freewebs.com/loefflerrd/