snow... Chitown, you guys okay?

snow... Chitown, you guys okay?

December 19th, 2008, 3:12 pm #1

The Malibu Express is now upon Barry and the NYC guys. Beantown's next, better charge up the ipod.

Does the leading edge resemble the devil's face or is it just me?!

December 19th, 2008, 3:38 pm #2

Charlie Snow,the ultimate great bat no field players in major league history. He played one career game for Brooklyn in 1874,coming in late in a blowout to Boston. A career 1.000 hitter,he also made 3 errors for a career .000 fielding %

The score of that game was 29-0 Boston and do you know why they lost? Because he was from Lowell Mass and he went to play for a NY team! He was such an outcast from there on out that he lived his life away for another 55 years in Brooklyn,never allowed back into Massachusetts again to atone for his sin.

and of course I tied everything in to make it a vintage post but on topic,C.Snow in Brooklyn,Barry is in Brooklyn(As is Charles Snow),and just like Charles Snow,Mass. doesn't want this snow either. As I type here from NJ just out of range of the snows projected path

December 19th, 2008, 4:03 pm #3

The Malibu Express is now upon Barry and the NYC guys. Beantown's next, better charge up the ipod.

It's snowing cats and dogs right now, if such a thing is possible. It looks beautiful as I look out my window, but in a few hours it will be a mess.

December 19th, 2008, 4:07 pm #4

Its not really even snow out there. Its little particles of frozen ice. It doesn't even stick together, and break apart as if you were squeezing a handful of sand. Heavy as hell too.

Thank goodness I worked out of home.

December 19th, 2008, 4:30 pm #5

kyle,
take a ride up to the IL/WI state line. we have a good 15 inches now. it has slowed but still coming.

i live in the chitown burbs. this morning it was slush coming up to gurnee and then powder.

it looks like two big storms hit in the same day.

merry x-mas to all you east coast people, i'm sending all of you a present

December 19th, 2008, 5:42 pm #6

My condolances to all of you people that still have travel schedules this year (especially anything going in and out of Chicago)... I finished my traveling for the year on Thursday... I don't want to see another airport or hotel room for the rest of this year...

December 19th, 2008, 6:07 pm #7

We got a ton of ice and snow on top of it. My kid is loving it...he started Christmas Break a day early.

December 19th, 2008, 6:20 pm #8

Barry, what were the odds you were planning on exiting your apartment anyway -- at least until tomorrow morning for bagels?

December 19th, 2008, 6:41 pm #9

I went to Key Food this morning...two for one sale on Cheerios.

December 19th, 2008, 7:36 pm #10

It's a mess up here in Ontario. We're expected to have about two-two and a half feet by the end of tomorrow. I was out all day Christmas shopping, and it was a terribly slow go.