National pick ups

National pick ups

July 30th, 2006, 3:01 am #1

The National being 500 tables down from last year had pretty slim pickings. Anything nice you found were priced at auction prices (with juice). I think the main reason I go to the Nationals each year, is to keep in touch with many fellow collectors. Here are some items I picked up so Tammy knows I actually went out there..

I know some others had some good buys as well (Leon, Peter, Scott, Adam) to name a few..

July 31st, 2006, 5:34 am #2

I'll post more later....I picked these up today at the National, in about 2 hours. Ran in ran out.... I'll post more stuff later from earlier days

July 31st, 2006, 6:03 am #3

The National being 500 tables down from last year had pretty slim pickings. Anything nice you found were priced at auction prices (with juice). I think the main reason I go to the Nationals each year, is to keep in touch with many fellow collectors. Here are some items I picked up so Tammy knows I actually went out there..

I know some others had some good buys as well (Leon, Peter, Scott, Adam) to name a few..

Nice pick ups!
I'm not 100% sure but that cabinet card shows the Pinetrees B.B.C. from the Wesleyan Seminary in Kent's Hill, Maine.
Last edited by JLeiderman on July 31st, 2006, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 31st, 2006, 7:52 pm #4

I went to the National . . . but all I got was this lousy plastic bag!

I'll be posting some cards later. I had a great time and enjoyed meeting so many guys from the Forum.
Last edited by uffda51 on July 31st, 2006, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 31st, 2006, 11:34 pm #5

Ya just had to dig a little.......

July 31st, 2006, 11:51 pm #6

because I already owned the card, and just walked it through SGC, but hey, I picked it up at the National:

July 31st, 2006, 11:58 pm #7

Not much of a haul, unfortunately, but I did sell everything I came in with. Thanks, RM, for the Marquard.

Last edited by bcornell on August 1st, 2006, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 1st, 2006, 12:07 am #8

The Whitney from TIK & TIK, the others from Dave Levin.

August 1st, 2006, 12:11 am #9

I had never seen either one of these before so I grabbed them. Parke Wilson was a catcher who played 366 games in 7 years and hit .265.
Last edited by uffda51 on August 1st, 2006, 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

August 1st, 2006, 12:16 am #10

The only D359 I saw in 4 days - from Leon. "I would rather have a hole in my card than a hole in my collection."

1923 Walter Mails game card. From Mark MacRae. First one I've ever seen.

N184 Kimball's. From Scott Brockelman.