Mastro Pick-Ups

December 18th, 2008, 9:58 pm #11

How did everyone do in the first installment of Mastro's Auction last night? I went hard after only one item, Cameo pepsin - Jesse Burkett but ended up the underbidder as I do many times on these types of pieces.
Good one Josh(s.

December 18th, 2008, 11:03 pm #12

How did everyone do in the first installment of Mastro's Auction last night? I went hard after only one item, Cameo pepsin - Jesse Burkett but ended up the underbidder as I do many times on these types of pieces.

December 18th, 2008, 11:05 pm #13

Jeff,

Rob D. is holding on line 2.

December 18th, 2008, 11:25 pm #14

Jim, I blame him for last night's purchase. Totally his fault.

December 18th, 2008, 11:57 pm #15

Very nice Jeff...outside of the Jackson you got the jewel of the auction IMO.

December 19th, 2008, 12:44 am #16

Seriously, is there any better feeling than buying a card, and then about a month later watching a higher-graded card (and the highest graded, for what that's worth) sell for 27 percent less?

I don't think so. It's freaking great.

Exhibit A:

http://oldjudge.com/auction/postcards/206/

Exhibit B:

http://tinyurl.com/3z3aef

December 19th, 2008, 12:50 am #17

OUCH...bet the consignor is not happy with that price.

Double nice score Jeff.

Sorry Rob.

December 19th, 2008, 1:02 am #18

Rob,

Look at it this way, $400+ is worth it to be able to say Lichtman is "following" your collecting habits.

December 19th, 2008, 1:48 am #19

Rob, totally bizarre, I agree. For what it's worth, your card is no 3.

December 19th, 2008, 1:53 am #20

To be fair, there is a crease on mine, so I have no complaints on the grade. Really, I have no complaints all around, because I was/am very happy to have picked one up.

It just stinks that now Jeff has one, too.