Let's see your displays!

Let's see your displays!

November 30th, 2008, 12:25 am #1

It's always interesting to see how others display their collections.
I made several of these stands for slabbed cards. The slot in the wood is just wide/deep enough to not pinch the card, while allowing for a slight tilt.

November 30th, 2008, 2:46 am #2

I brought a few less valuable things into work. It really makes a difference in the feel of the office. I don't really display all that much at home.

J

November 30th, 2008, 2:52 am #3

I made several of these stands for slabbed cards. The slot in the wood is just wide/deep enough to not pinch the card, while allowing for a slight tilt.

How are those cards being displayed, Joann? They look great!

November 30th, 2008, 3:28 am #4

No cards for me but here is some of the figurals and stuff (sorry the pic is kind of big):

November 30th, 2008, 6:13 am #5

Great stuff, Brock!

Can you describe the bust under the glass dome on the top shelf (next to the Cardinal?) Looks different, and perhaps rarer than the White HOF Busts.

Thanks for posting!

November 30th, 2008, 3:17 pm #6

Mark,
It is a plaster Bob Feller signed bust. Only $20 on his museum web-site. So not a valuable or rare item but a nice display piece.

December 1st, 2008, 11:21 pm #7

Thanks David.

They are actually regular 3"x3" frame sets. One is a pyramid and two others are towers. I got some black construction paper and cut 3x3" squares for the background so it wasn't the particle board or whatever showing. There are quite a few 3x3" frame layouts around now (not sure why - 3x3" has never struck me as a standard photo size), and I think they are a perfect size for most T and E cards.

J