Hurricane Relief - Card for Sale

Hurricane Relief - Card for Sale

September 1st, 2005, 3:24 am #1

Leon - If you feel this is better suited for the b/s/t that is fine, but I hope you let this stay on the main board.

I had an idea that if board members offered a card for sale for other board members to purchase with the sales price earmarked to be donated to hurricane relief efforts we could probably raise a few bucks for a good cause and swap some cards.

With that in mind, I have an E93 Ames listed for $125 in the b/s/t thread. I am lowering the cost of the card to my purchase price $80 (incl. shipping). If the card sells, the money will be donated to the red cross hurricane relief efforts. I am happy to send the proceeds to one person to make a large donation on behalf of the board or to simply make my own individual contribution.

Anyone else game?

September 1st, 2005, 6:01 pm #2

I am sickened by what is happening in the MS/LA/AL area. I would imagine most of the people there have no idea just how bad they are going to have it for the next year at a minimum. While the rest of the country is filled in with all the disturbing, maddening details those without any access to electricity, information, resources are left to some how survive, many wont.

I would like to purchase the E93 from you Josh, and am putting up an E101 Davis (sliding) up for sale for the same purpose. I cant remember what I paid for it but it was somewhere around $65.00, so that is what I will ask for it now.

Please email me if you are interested.

While I realize many of you will donate through other means I find this a unique way to contribute.

Bill
Last edited by bkasel on April 9th, 2007, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 1st, 2005, 6:45 pm #3

Leon - If you feel this is better suited for the b/s/t that is fine, but I hope you let this stay on the main board.

I had an idea that if board members offered a card for sale for other board members to purchase with the sales price earmarked to be donated to hurricane relief efforts we could probably raise a few bucks for a good cause and swap some cards.

With that in mind, I have an E93 Ames listed for $125 in the b/s/t thread. I am lowering the cost of the card to my purchase price $80 (incl. shipping). If the card sells, the money will be donated to the red cross hurricane relief efforts. I am happy to send the proceeds to one person to make a large donation on behalf of the board or to simply make my own individual contribution.

Anyone else game?

Thanks Bill. The Ames is yours.

I hope we can get some others involved - maybe we will be able to put together a sizable contribution. And you are right - it hopefully will be a nice way to contribute b/c you can contribute and still get a card for your efforts.

For anyone else reading, this idea does not require that you buy and sell a card - one or the other is fine - either way, a contribuition is being made to relief efforts.
Last edited by jkrasner2 on September 1st, 2005, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 1st, 2005, 6:58 pm #4

Anyone else game?

Finally,

I am happy to collect contributions if people feel comforatable with that. I would of course let the seller know when I received the money. I would also propose that checks just be made payable to the

American Red Cross

Please write "WRAL Hurricane Relief" in the memo line (WRAL is a local TV station in Raleigh).

You can mail the checks to me at the following address:

Josh Krasner
Maupin Taylor, P.A.
3200 Beechleaf Court
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27604

September 1st, 2005, 7:02 pm #5

Anyone else game?

Thanks Josh for a wonderful idea.
I will donate my E92 Jennings SGC 40 . The price will be $250 delivered. I will donate the entire $250 to the Red Cross. Email me if interested.

This card has been sold..Thanks!

Thanks,
Alan

alan@moret.com

Last edited by ockday on September 2nd, 2005, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 1st, 2005, 7:15 pm #6

Anyone else game?

I will contribute a T206 Lundgren, Cubs SGC 10. The card is on the nationalsportscard site. Just click the purchase and email that it is for the relief fund.

<a href="http://nationalsportscards.com/view/card.asp?ID=4771</a" target="_new" rel="nofollow">http://nationalsportscards.com/view/card.asp?ID=4771</a>

The price is $60 ppd

Lee

The card has been sold, Thanks John
Last edited by bowlingshoeguy on September 1st, 2005, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 1st, 2005, 7:34 pm #7

Anyone else game?

I'll have to see what i've got, ... but in the meantime ... should we setup a paypal account or what? I might be able to run this legit through my business so that we can all get tax write offs!!! Wonderful idea, really really great!

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know

BlackSoxFan.com
<a href=mailto:shoelessjoe@blacksoxfan.com?subject=Net54>email me</a>

September 1st, 2005, 7:55 pm #8

Anyone else game?

I bought Lee's card and i'll send money as soon as we decide wheres the best place to send it.

Dont have any cards to sell since i couldnt scan anything for at least 10 days from now,but ill gladly buy more if they come up.

This is definitely a great idea and generous for those selling their cards

September 1st, 2005, 7:56 pm #9

Anyone else game?

please read my other post guys! Great idea Josh you have inspired me!

Ted

Regards,
Black Sox Fan

- - - - - - - - -

I'm Smart Enough To Know, There Are A Lot Of People Who Know More Than I Know

BlackSoxFan.com
<a href=mailto:shoelessjoe@blacksoxfan.com?subject=Net54>email me</a>

September 1st, 2005, 7:58 pm #10

Anyone else game?

Black Sox - Let me know what you can find out. Im happy to collect the checks all made out to the red cross and mail them. But if a paypal account would be easier, that would be fine as well. Basically, I want everyone to be comfortable with how any donations are handled. Any suggestions are welcome - we just need a way to ensure that any money gets where it is intended.