How are you doing in the current auctions?

April 29th, 2009, 8:13 pm #1

No need to say anything specific I just thought I would get a pulse of how our members are doing on this topic.

Personally, I have about 130 bids in on different lots and I am high on very few. For no one bidding in the Legendary Auction I am doing poorly so far..... 0 for 40. I expect to make a run for something later tonight but we shall see.....This seems like the right time to upgrade a Drum or two.....Can they all actually get to market prices? My guess is "yes, they can, and will"..

April 29th, 2009, 8:16 pm #2

I have about five bids going in REA.
And, I would like to win an item or two if I can.

REA is the only auction I am seriously looking at, or have seriously looked at in a while.

I basically have been ignoring all others.... and have been much less active on eBay as well.

April 29th, 2009, 8:19 pm #3

No need to say anything specific I just thought I would get a pulse of how our members are doing on this topic.

Personally, I have about 130 bids in on different lots and I am high on very few. For no one bidding in the Legendary Auction I am doing poorly so far..... 0 for 40. I expect to make a run for something later tonight but we shall see.....This seems like the right time to upgrade a Drum or two.....Can they all actually get to market prices? My guess is "yes, they can, and will"..
The problem with the auctions is that whoever is leading today has a very small chance of leading at the end of the auction unless they are prepared to throw in a few more bids -- especially so in REA in which the extended bidding period is 47 days long (ok, slight exaggeration). I propose gathering a group of bidders -- with pitchforks and torches -- and proceeding over to the REA mansion in Watchung and 'convincing' Rob to end it at a reasonable hour. Of course, while we're all doing that some jerk will be at home on his computer outbidding us on all of our precious cards.

Edited to add: Joe, I wasn't aware that there were 5 Taddys in REA; I'll re-check the catalogue.
Last edited by calvindog on April 29th, 2009, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 29th, 2009, 8:29 pm #4

I realize what I was asking is very preliminary because it really all happens in the last hours. That being said I just thought it would be good to get some perspectives... To me it looks like the hobby is quite healthy even though the economy is faring much worse....

April 29th, 2009, 8:34 pm #5

As of yesterday i was 4 for 4 in the REA,now i'm 3 out of 4 but as you know that means nothing at this point! IT'S way to early to know anything at this point.

April 29th, 2009, 8:40 pm #6

Still live on some NonSports sets

April 29th, 2009, 9:23 pm #7

I'm already done with Legendary for today's lots...........

April 29th, 2009, 9:30 pm #8

I'm out 3 out of 3 on the REA, I'm up on 3 out 7 on HA, and Ebay I'm up....I think 27 out of 48....not too bad....sad about the REA one's though! Rawrrrr!

April 29th, 2009, 9:34 pm #9

There's no practical reason to be high on any lots now in either auction. You'll win or lose them at the end.

April 29th, 2009, 9:46 pm #10

I would disagree slightly with your analysis of there being no reason to be high on a lot now, far before an auction close. I think/know there are some lots that get all of their action before the close. If you are high bidder on a lot that would be a $2000 (retail) lot, and you are high at $1800...then there is a chance you will get it for that amount. If the lot is still far below retail (whatever that means) then I agree.