How are you doing in the current auctions?

April 29th, 2009, 9:50 pm #11

No need to say anything specific I just thought I would get a pulse of how our members are doing on this topic.

Personally, I have about 130 bids in on different lots and I am high on very few. For no one bidding in the Legendary Auction I am doing poorly so far..... 0 for 40. I expect to make a run for something later tonight but we shall see.....This seems like the right time to upgrade a Drum or two.....Can they all actually get to market prices? My guess is "yes, they can, and will"..
Looking to grab one card in REA. Haven't yet decided my max, so am waiting a bit longer before I place it. The last two years, I've focused on one thing in REA and have won both. Kinda the way I like to roll.

April 29th, 2009, 9:54 pm #12

No need to say anything specific I just thought I would get a pulse of how our members are doing on this topic.

Personally, I have about 130 bids in on different lots and I am high on very few. For no one bidding in the Legendary Auction I am doing poorly so far..... 0 for 40. I expect to make a run for something later tonight but we shall see.....This seems like the right time to upgrade a Drum or two.....Can they all actually get to market prices? My guess is "yes, they can, and will"..
Yes, if you reach your max early no reason not to get one last bid in and hold your breath. But if you are a little below your max, or below fair market value, and bid now, there is a very high probability you will be topped.

Of course you can't generalize because each lot is unique. In my auctions 95% of the lots received their final bids in the last 3-4 hours. The chance of a lot getting its last bid Wednesday and holding up until Thursday was remote, but it could happen.

April 29th, 2009, 10:12 pm #13

have a few bids in REA and Goodwin, with one high bid in each auction. some of the cards i put in early bid are pretty much out of reach for me at this point. hoping that the two or three cards that are still within by budget wont move up too much the next week or two.

April 29th, 2009, 10:44 pm #14

I just have to say that leon is a buying machine! 130 bids on different lots. Wow. He has replaced Mr. Mint has the new buying machine. Of course he still has to win some but your diversity amazes.

I just hope I do not get tangled up with you on a lot. I will be like the glass jawed fighter going down for the count.

April 29th, 2009, 10:46 pm #15

Mike - with bids on 130 lots, it would surprise if you didn't bid on something leon did.
I think this is just leon's economic stimulus package, helping out consignors a bit.

My Trade/Sale Page

April 29th, 2009, 11:00 pm #16

We'd like to reveal how we're doing, but unfortunately that would negatively affect the bidding strategies we have formulated.

April 29th, 2009, 11:30 pm #17

I'm sure you'll have the penultimate bid on several lots.

Hope your computers don't break down!

April 29th, 2009, 11:37 pm #18

Death threat sent.

April 30th, 2009, 12:11 am #19

Even though bids are important it's generally the #1 and #2 bidders that are the most important to a realized price on a lot. Bids early on really mean very little except that I can play in extended bidding periods. If I have one bid that holds as of right now...in any of the auctions, I would be surprised. I am not the one to worry about. Barry on the other hand...watch out for that guy!! He gets ya' where you are almost in a sleep and WHAM!!.....He goes in for the kill, like a UFC/MMA Champion. Those are the bids that count.

April 30th, 2009, 1:05 am #20

I have two bids in on Legendary (deep breath). Although, not going very strong after either.

I have two bids in on REA, and will probably go after one or the other fairly strong.