Extended bidding? Help a brother out.....

Extended bidding? Help a brother out.....

December 19th, 2008, 3:23 am #1

OK....I am sort of new to this "auction" thing.... Can someone explain why there is ever an extended bidding? Once regular bidding is over couldn't we just hit the 30 minute clocks? Maybe I am missing something...(or I am impatient, or both)....regards

December 19th, 2008, 3:25 am #2

leon - I've been agreeing with that for quite a while. It's just a waste of time now.

December 19th, 2008, 3:26 am #3

OK....I am sort of new to this "auction" thing.... Can someone explain why there is ever an extended bidding? Once regular bidding is over couldn't we just hit the 30 minute clocks? Maybe I am missing something...(or I am impatient, or both)....regards
"Extended bidding" is designed to extract the maximum possible money from us. If they could figure out a way to collect payment, they would never close.

December 19th, 2008, 3:27 am #4

That made me laugh....

December 19th, 2008, 4:08 am #5

I personally can't stand it. I wish they would just have a set time and end it then. It's kind of tough for those of us east coast people that have to get up early to stay up until 2 AM on a weekday...

Edited to add: I can't say what I really think of it because with the filter it would just come out as I think it's ******* ********!!!!
Last edited by doug45121 on December 19th, 2008, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 19th, 2008, 4:22 am #6

I live on the West Coast and I used to think the end times were extreme. It used to be: Don't stay up late. Go to bed, get up in the morning and place a bid.

December 19th, 2008, 4:41 am #7

I'm sure there were bargains to be had since it's been commonly reported here, but every lot I was watching went for (or is still going for) prices that give no indication of an economic recession.

Oh for 11 here.
Last edited by MSW1 on December 19th, 2008, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 19th, 2008, 4:52 am #8

Matt,

Ditto for me.

December 19th, 2008, 4:57 am #9

I'm still trying to figure out how to log on "securely"

December 19th, 2008, 5:08 am #10

We agree with Leon

We believe the auction should close and then a thirty-minute lot specific
rule should go into effect

We were active bidders on 4 lots this evening but we also wanted to work
within a budget- when we were about to place bids when there was a minute
and half to go our access to Mastro (on two different browsers froze)

In the end we were prepared to bid two increments higher on two different lots
but never had the chance.

When someone is running two- three thousand lot auction and one has interest
in a number of lots- but also has planned a budget- the options available make
it difficult to bid- especially when one is frozen out for last two minutes on four
different lots.