derby choclates

derby choclates

December 23rd, 2008, 5:27 am #1

has anyone ever seen one of these at any mayor show,and how rare are they???thanks any help is needed,,,lakers 44...i know mastro had a complete cobb box once .thanks again

December 23rd, 2008, 5:41 am #2

They're one of the rarest baseball card-related issues (whether they count as baseball cards or candy boxes is debated). Many are restored as the boxes and panels were discovered in rough shape. But there's no debate that they're rare.
Last edited by dereb12 on December 23rd, 2008, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 12:33 pm #3

has anyone ever seen one of these at any mayor show,and how rare are they???thanks any help is needed,,,lakers 44...i know mastro had a complete cobb box once .thanks again

They are extremely rare.

We owned a complete box for 15 years. Sold in 2004 Robert Edward Auction

see link below

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/auc ... 04/46.html

Bruce Dorskind

America's Toughest Want List
Last edited by Yankeefan51 on December 23rd, 2008, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 23rd, 2008, 2:45 pm #4

I would call the Darby "cards" rare. There were around 40-50 found in a barn in deplorable condition and nailed to a wall (such as this one) and there are about a handful of full boxes known. Someone must have some of these as I only know where about 3-4 are. I won this one on ebay and it was quite expensive (imo) ....I think it was around 2700....but is probably the only Collins in the set....or there could be 1 more at most but I have never seen it. I was thinking about trying to get it into a PSA .5 holder........regards

December 23rd, 2008, 4:33 pm #5

sounds like a "find" is approaching...maybe they're even real!

December 23rd, 2008, 9:32 pm #6

Bruce-

thanks for posting the link with the box, I'd never seen one intact like that before. what a steal of a price that seemed like.

December 23rd, 2008, 10:26 pm #7

I thought it was odd that the REA auction referred to (there is a Dougherty known which has been cut from the box, as intended). I didn't see any instructions on the box to cut them out. If you cut the panels you'd have two different variations in text, or if you cut out just the player the name wouldn't be included easily like Dougherty. Were they die-cut on the boxes to suggest the intention of removing the player shape?

December 23rd, 2008, 11:03 pm #8

at the 2004 National for $800. As I recall it was a roughly cut down panel with the player intact. Can't recall who except that it was a common. I'd like to have do-over...

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

December 23rd, 2008, 11:03 pm #9

it was unreal to see an authentic derby choclate aut by sgc,,the one that sold for 6900 was a steal ???ive asked for them at shows but no one has them,,,so im telling you 2700 was a steal,,to me its a warhol wow,,,thank you for the pic ,,,,it meant a lot to me ...

December 23rd, 2008, 11:06 pm #10

thank you leon ,,,wow weee!!!! nice card...im jealous