Brian Crotts

Brian Crotts

January 25th, 2009, 10:13 pm #1

I bought a card from Brian Crotts, he has the payment, and I have no card. His last email said he'd send me the tracking number, but when I responded, my message was kicked back. Can anyone put me in touch with him, and/or vouch for his honesty? I am beginning to question the validity of the transaction.

Many thanks,
Mike

January 25th, 2009, 10:15 pm #2

The name doesn't sound familiar to me...was this on the B/S/T?

January 25th, 2009, 10:18 pm #3

I bought a card from Brian Crotts, he has the payment, and I have no card. His last email said he'd send me the tracking number, but when I responded, my message was kicked back. Can anyone put me in touch with him, and/or vouch for his honesty? I am beginning to question the validity of the transaction.

Many thanks,
Mike
Dan,

I think this is the same Brian that had a thread dedicated to an inaccurately PSA authenticated autograph on a 1939 Playball card.
Last edited by JudgeDred2 on January 25th, 2009, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 25th, 2009, 10:23 pm #4

Many thanks,
Mike
Mike, this Brian is the same one in the thread about the MS charity and the PSA/DNA 1939 Play Ball Goof.

A few months back I helped him with some info on a card, he then asked if I wanted it to make him an offer. I immediately sent him an email offering something like $60-70, and I didn't hear from him for 4-5 days, then I got an email saying it was mine at that price. Anyways I don't see the email for a few hours or so and email him saying that the money is on the way. I get an email back immediately saying I wasn't fast enough and that he needed an answer sooner and decided to sell it to someone else.

Long story short is this guy is a deadbeat and shouldn't be allowed to deal on this forum anymore. My experience was before the 1939 Play Ball thing and this from you, but I think his true colors have been exposed. He is bad news.

-Rhett

January 25th, 2009, 10:24 pm #5

Many thanks,
Mike
Hi Dan,

Yes, he listed the card, T3 of Kling, on the BST. We reached an agreement on price, and I mailed him payment on 12/30, which he cashed and cleared on 1/5. I think I've been scammed.

Mike

January 25th, 2009, 10:28 pm #6

Many thanks,
Mike
Hi Rhett,

Thank you for the additional information. He wrote me this past Wednesday and said that he was at work and would send me the tracking number on the card later in the day when he returned home. I heard nothing. When I emailed him today (Sunday, 1/25), my email was kicked back suggesting that he no longer had a valid email address.

I don't know what the procedure is on this type of illicit transaction, but maybe Leon needs to weigh in and give me some guidance.

Thanks for all the responses.

Cheers, Mike

January 25th, 2009, 10:30 pm #7

Many thanks,
Mike
even if he has a valid excuse here...how do you buy from him after the '39 playball thread and all those CU people coming over saying he was scamming people from over there???

not sure what leon could help u with here...maybe a PSA?

edited scan size
Last edited by leonl on January 25th, 2009, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 25th, 2009, 10:34 pm #8

Many thanks,
Mike
Real simple Quan--I didn't read the thread. I don't always have the time to read everything posted on this forum.

Mike

January 25th, 2009, 10:39 pm #9

Many thanks,
Mike
i hear ya mike...when i see a new name i don't recognize selling stuff i would ask for references right away. i've been burned before, it sucks so i'm more cautious than ever. (or send paypal cc)

didn't mean to sound harsh but it pisses me off seing a long time member maybe getting scammed by a board newbie...
Last edited by quannimir on January 25th, 2009, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 25th, 2009, 10:41 pm #10

Many thanks,
Mike
Quan--I agree, and this is a lesson learned. I hope we can ban this guy from our forum.

Cheers,
Mike