Brian Crotts

January 26th, 2009, 12:55 am #31

I bought a card from Brian Crotts, he has the payment, and I have no card. His last email said he'd send me the tracking number, but when I responded, my message was kicked back. Can anyone put me in touch with him, and/or vouch for his honesty? I am beginning to question the validity of the transaction.

Many thanks,
Mike
Perhaps the title of the list could be "Disavowed".

-Brian T. (not the M.S. Brian)

January 26th, 2009, 1:07 am #32

I bought a card from Brian Crotts, he has the payment, and I have no card. His last email said he'd send me the tracking number, but when I responded, my message was kicked back. Can anyone put me in touch with him, and/or vouch for his honesty? I am beginning to question the validity of the transaction.

Many thanks,
Mike
We have a SERIOUS problem here.

I bought this EXACT T3 Kling from Brian off of ebay on 12/23. I paid that day, and I received the card from him, some time around 1/10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0296176161

The card is in my possession right now.

To be clear, I bought it on ebay on 12/23 FROM BRIAN. If he tried selling it to anyone after that, he is a SCAM ARTIST!

January 26th, 2009, 1:10 am #33

Many thanks,
Mike
Perhaps the list can be titled "The Brian Crotts Hall of Shame" Anyway, just to repeat myself, I'm new here but have been collecting quite some time. The depth of knowledge on this board as well as the non-sports forum is amazing. It's nice to meet everyone and I look forward to dealing with some of you. I collect anything I like (translation - anything I can afford) Right now I'm working on 56 and 61 topps sets and a Skybirds set.

January 26th, 2009, 1:19 am #34

Many thanks,
Mike
My 12/23 Paypal payment to Brian went to this email address:

brian@iwantmycookies.com

I guess I should feel lucky that I actually received the card from him, since this is 100% undeniable proof that he is a scam artist.

Scott

January 26th, 2009, 1:20 am #35

Many thanks,
Mike
Scott I'm surprised he sent it to you. Usually he tries to claim

the mail lost it.

Did his crappy feedback alarm you at all?

Steve

Edited to add: brian@iwantmycookies.com was the paypal account that his
MS charity work used.

Last edited by WinPitcher on January 26th, 2009, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2009, 1:24 am #36

Many thanks,
Mike
Here is his ad on the B/S/T

looks like he posted it on 12/22

http://tinyurl.com/bvzsp7

edited to add: I locked that B/S/T ad in case he were to come back and try to delete it.
Last edited by slidekellyslide on January 26th, 2009, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

January 26th, 2009, 1:31 am #37

Many thanks,
Mike
So if it was posted on the BST on 12/22, unless it was posted on ebay for a 1-day auction, he posted it here when it was closing on ebay 24 hours later.

I never would've bid on the card on ebay if I realized who this guy was.

January 26th, 2009, 1:36 am #38

Many thanks,
Mike
I think it was a one day auction. But what would that matter?

Surely he had to know he sold it twice.

Steve

January 26th, 2009, 1:38 am #39

Many thanks,
Mike
Well...there is NO excuse for what happened here. This was flat out a scam.

January 26th, 2009, 1:38 am #40

Many thanks,
Mike
I have emailed the OP with the address that we have on file of Brian.

It appears to be a business address though. I also gave him another

working email.

I'd post it here but am unsure what the protocol is.

Steve